Why Dalaran is not joining the Alliance?

Both of these points made are extremely true points.

Nothing is actually written down and I know I posed the question on whether it should have been Stormwind and Darnassus liaising with each other, rather than Dalaran and Darnassus, but the point stands thus, that Dalaran can call for immediate aid on either side if the need is great.

If it was for the Alliance, then only the Council of Six, who Aethas was apart of, can say no and even then, it seems like it’s a majority vote. If Aethas and/or Modera and/or Khadgar and/or anyone else opposed the notion of working with Darnassus, then the choice would have been final, but nobody did. Not Aethas, especially.

So, am I to take it you made up the whole “Garrosh knew about Lor’themar and Varian’s meeting and planned the heist to frame the blood elves” thing, and are refusing to admit you lied?

Or, much like it happened with the Purge, Jaina decided unilaterally to carry out said measure without first confirming or consulting it with the council.
Given the series of events that followed and preceded said event, it’s easy to reach said conclusion.
She had of lately, been unilaterally deciding lots of things and proclaiming herself the head and lone ruler of the city. When supposedly, most of said stuff should’ve been decided in the council.

From her PoV, she had the evidence to act.

That’s the lore. That’s what we see in game. I did it on my Night Elf Mage and I can tell you, that from my character’s PoV and Jaina’s PoV, we had the evidence to be angry at the Sunreavers.

What does any of that have to do with the argument about whether her actions/decisions to aid Darnassus or carry out the Purge, involved the Council or not?

Point remains that, regardless of the information she had at hand, she decided to carry out said actions unilaterally. When supposedly, those should’ve been decided or approved of, by the council of Six.

And don’t want to get all purist, but given those circumstances and what little knowledge we have regarding the rulership of Dalaran, some might wonder whether those actions were lawful or not.
This circles back to the consideration and argument about having the first one that actually breached with an unlawful action Dalarans neutrality, being Jaina herself.

Because it’s evidence.

Physical evidence. Not evidence which is from words of mouth, but this is hard evidence that some sort of betrayal from her PoV has happened.

But how can you consult the Council when one of it’s members might be considered traitor. That’s her mind.

But these actions with helping Darnassus WERE approved by the Council.

This isn’t evidence that needed looking into as it was approved.
Aethas was seemingly happy with these actions, but was far too distant from his kin to know that treachery was about to take place.

Perhaps answer Sereluna’s question now, otherwise we might be able to call “deliberate ignorance.”

Were they? When?

Sorry, but not going to bother referring ad infinitum to the same paragraph over and over again.

Right when Jaina informed us that she had Darnassus locked down.

Modera also hints at this during the Felo’melorn questline.

She said that the Council approved of their aid with the Darnassus lockdown??
Can you quote the text or quest? Can’t recall it.

And the Modera bit too if you can. Levelled my mage ages ago.

“The wounds inflicted by the Divine Bell incident run deep, Aethas. Others are not as forgiving as I.”

That sort of tells you, that she knew about what the Kirin Tor had in place, over Darnassus.

Purge arguments.
Disgusting.

Sick and tired of both sides doing their mental gymnastics to justify their positions.

Jaina was at fault for siccing the Silver Covenant, a paramilitary group known for their prejudices against the Blood Elven population in Dalaran, onto the Sunreavers. The things they did to the innocents in the sewers is indefensible. Cutting off their means of escape is the cherry on top when the supposed goal was to boot out all the Sunreavers. Clever thinking there Vereesa.

Aethas was at fault for not telling Jaina upfront of what transpired in Darnassus as well as not having the competence to hold his faction in check. Him being overly prideful in front of the furious head of the council didn’t exactly help matters either.

Don’t do morally grey Blizzard. It only serves to spawn these endless arguments.

Please forgive, we will behave.

Anyone for a round of But Camp Taurajo? We might as well get the Bingo card filled out at this point tbh.

1 Like

Sure, that would be fun. Better than the purge at least.
Mainly because it’s been settled.

Unlike the Purge for some reason. I guess. Seeing as how Blizzard keeps on referencing it in the current story line.

Truly abominable.

But yes. Justice for Taurajo.

1 Like

Amen to that.

Justice for Taurajo! We must kill Hawthorne…err again. Yes. Kill him again and those responsible.

Highmountain.

Something’s not quite right

2 Likes

I see those goggles are for more then just appearance.

1 Like

Ahem

From Repaying the Life Debt from the Leatherworking questline

When I heard that the Alliance attacked Dazar’alor, I couldn’t help but think of those lost when they attacked Camp Taurajo. No longer can I sit idly while they continue to slaughter us!

See my dress? I am quite obviously role playing as a High Elf here. The goggles serve to hide my true eye color.

They’re blue. You have no evidence of the contrary.
Or maybe they’re indeed outfitted to detect illusory magics.

:thinking:

1 Like