Why did you quit Classic

I kept playing throughout with some breaks every now and then.

But I have friends only interested in leveling and once they hit 60 the game was over for them. Some started again later on just to level another character.

i am leveling aswel as my 60 is a priest not very good for gold making which i need to buy all these godly consumes and i haven’t hit naxx

got banned trying reach 14 so i could wait till naxx was out and then play retail again but that never happened got to rank 12 tho. Haven’t played since December 2 years ago and never looked back but i got unbanned but now is probably no time to join a dead game.

1 Like

I primarily quit due to not having enough time to spare (thanks work) and also dealing with other life stuff, but now that I’m not working for the time being, I can play again.

I haven’t quit yet, I’m still pretty active on many characters. But if I was to quit, it would probably be due to the fact that I didn’t really play much the first year, and now it feels like a real struggle to catch up.

Hard to get a Rend run going, Onyxia attunement takes months and months, and there’s very little activity in MC. I love classic in so many ways, but it dosen’t help me much if there’s little or no groups going.

Wish they could merge some servers, but then again, not sure that would help much after all. I’m hoping for TBC down the line, there’s more to do there, even if it becomes difficult to get groups there as well at some point.

1 Like

Blizzards couch potato approach to handling bots, RMT, gold laundry through GDKP and level boost meta that pretty much killed any zone that isn’t endgame.

TBC will be fun for the first month or two but if I see the same thing happening there later I’ll probably abandon ship like I did with classic.

5 Likes

Different factors really:

1. PVP: there is no solo pvp / premades perma gank randoms

2. The ranking system. Made it to 11 but could not go much further. See premade issues over

3. I play kitty druid: as a Kitty feral i would be benched in Naxx and T3 is completely useless. Progess stops with C’thun mostly. So for my only character the means no upgrades whatsoever (trinkets etc would go to metaslaves). Why waste my gold and work hard for no rewards?

4. That blizz let everyone buy gold through RMT without sanctions.

5. That i kept reporting bots farming BRM for months with close to no action.

6. GM and officers showering themselves with loot basically using guild members to carry them through content. That works in DKP guilds as well, by clever benching move for any potential competition. Same principle as premades mass reporting higher bracket players in BG to keep the spots really.

7. Shadowlands: playing Classic hard for a year actually made me miss the 2 characters i have from retail who actually played through the real vanilla. And not this min max Classic thing. With all those good memories. I am happy to play them again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t quit yet, still three months subs, stupid me bought 1 year.

But if i quit, the reason is the game losing its mmorpg components. I play this game because it was an mmorpg. World content, stories on the roads, communicative nature, cooperative gameplay etc. I dont remember the last time we go to orgrimmar to fight. There is no war, no craft atm.

Boosters, bots, sellers, gdkp runs etc killed its mmorpg nature. People doesnt need each other, people doesnt need guilds. All you need is your credit card and a discord connection. You dont need me, i dont need you to play an mmorpg. This is just plain stupid.

I do wish a LFG channel but in classic there is no LFG channel, there is only WTS channel. Just watch your chat. This is not an mmorpg.

I should accept my beloved game has died long ago.

6 Likes

got r14 bored and dont wanna have to do gbid runs for naxx.

While you’re not wrong, it’s still possible to get all your stuff done, be it attunements or ST class quest run, at least if you’re on a realm that isn’t completely dead. What concerns me more is that at this point, it really feels like time is running out so to speak. With TBC beta likely coming next month, and the release a few months after that probably, there won’t be much time left of Classic. So if you have dreams of raiding Naxx (while it’s still relevant to do so) and aren’t already geared for it and what not
 well, you don’t have much time to catch up. Of course, this is also one of the cool things about Classic
 you aren’t entitled to anything you didn’t work for. Not everyone gets the privilege to raid Naxx or other raids, only those that put in the time and effort do.

See the ni hao song ? In the lyrics , the bots farming primals in shadowmoon valley 24/7

Blizzard tacitly endorsing bots and letting them ruin the economy was a big contributor, but the main one was what PvP turned into.
Like many others did I fell for the WPvP meme and joined an old guild with roots in WPvP to do just that.
I remember when phase 2 hit it was the most fun I got out of the game in years, everyone was fighting over god knows what, there were entire raids of Horde and Alliance going around just fighting eachother for the sheer hell of it.
Then the complaints started, then Blizzard promised they would release BGs early to appease the people who couldn’t handle PvP servers so everyone just hid in their capitols until BGs came out.

Within 2 weeks the main thing I downloaded Classic for was over and my guild collapsed shortly after (we tried to carry on doing WPvP but it quickly became clear that we were the only ones who had any interest in it beyond ganking lowbies).
After that I started doing regular PvP but lost interest once it became clear that we were the only faction who cared about PvP beyond ranks, ran MC a few times, did some of BWL, realized everyone was just doing the exact same gameplay loop we did in retail and then quit, only coming back with the murmurings of TBC to level some characters in preparation.

3 Likes

I did? I have no memory of ever saying such a thing.

If I did it was a lie. The economy is absolutely pathetic on my server. Stacks of Rugged Leather and Runecloth selling for less than vendor price.

This. apart from moving on.

10/char

bots, world buff meta, bots, dungeon boosting, bots. the bots are one thing, but when the players begin to act like bots i have a problem. and to top that all off, i dislike activism blizzard.

3 Likes

It’s a mix of a number of reasons.

• Guild disbanded.
  • Dissatisfaction with Blizzard lack of actions against bots
  • The way the gold economy was massively inflated due to bots and gold sellers.
3 Likes

See you in a year, when it’s ‘‘why did you quit TBC?’’.

• too many belfs lol
  • boring, repetitive content
  • unbalanced arena teams
  • epic flying mount too expensive
  • elemental plateau overcrowded
2 Likes

Every game has somebody quitting it at some point

3 Likes

People that quit kinda can’t reply eh #200IQ

3 Likes

I didn’t, because I still enjoy it.

1 Like