Why did you roll on a pvp server if you don't want to be killed?

You really think that just because that server you were on was fine, means other PvP servers were all the same, even now in Classic here in the forums you can read “I don’t know why ppl whine, here on XY server everything is fine.”

Like I said already on another thread the problem is simple:

" All those pay to win games, pumping up their character with their parents credit cards and thinking they rule in PvP, then coming to a true PvP oriented game like WoW Classic and getting their a** handed to them! :grinning: Hilarious! :laughing: "

In your case if your experience differs then it’s because back then you were on a well ballanced server (like I said there are some like that even now in Classic according to other posts) and now if you don’t feel like it is “fair” or well ballanced or anything like that it is because you might be on a server that is similar to most of the PvP servers were back then!

I have played 2 years on PvP Horde and around 2,5 years PvP Alliance side and my experience was exactly this gankfest many many times, and exactly because of that I was smart enough to choose a PvE server here on Classic.

Yes, i would like to share an idea, that you read my post, how about that. I care nothing for pservers, they are not representative for anything, and proof of nothing. There is no way anyone made any meaningful rank in Vanilla ganking lvl 50’s, if you say anything else you just full of it. Next week we’ll know how the ranks are divided, but if you spend your time hunting lvl 50’s you will be nowhere near the top.

Maybe so, but in patch 1.4 before the battlegrounds there were about 3,5k accounts on a well populated server. On classic there are more than 10k
Also in patch 1.4 you would not find loads of 60s in almost full Molten Core gear like now.

The problem here is timing and overpopulation caused by Blizzard underestimating popularity and instead of making realms they made layers.

1 Like

People wanted servers to be packed with ton of players everyone were worried servers won’t be full enough, so now we all got what we wanted servers are packed.

1 Like

I’m more and more feeling like Cassandra, as I have been asking for more servers since day one. PvPers at least still have some low pop servers to migrate to, but all PvE servers are overfilled. I never wanted overcrowded servers, and have said so - and asked for new servers at any given opportunity. And I have repeatedly been beaten over the head with “Dead servers”.
Now could we please have some new servers!

1 Like

Why did I roll on a PvP server?
Because I love to PvP. This morning I had so much fun. Me at lvl 55 (I rerolled a few times due to various reasons), fighting several times vs. a lvl 60 mage. I died a few times, both due to me making mistakes and also due to the mage getting lucky with assistance. I knew I could kill him, if only I played my best and in the end I succeded. A friend and I (both at lvl55) managed to conquer both the mage and various others coming to his assistance. I was stoked - it was so much fun.

10-15 mages standing at a FP landing zone just AoE’ing isnt exactly the same experience but I am not surpised to se soo many ignorant people not being able to grasp the difference and honestly I cant understand anyone would find it fun. SS vs TM = fun, Zerging = boring as f*** and requires 0 skill.
I myself havent experienced the zerg’s too badly (4-5 times in 1½ hour), but thats only because I grind in a very remote location.

And finally - no - this has nothing to do with the experience we had in vanilla. I was there from the beta and through BC & WOTLK. Stating it was the same is a lie!

1 Like

Yep I remember I had to do this soo many times aswell in Vanilla and even in TBC!
To me it was a normal part of World of Warcraft, it was a thrill!

Hideing at secret places grinding at remote locations, islands, caves, places ppl don’t know about! It was a lot of fun, sharing secret grinding spot locations among friends, but now it is true I choose to play on a PvE server because i knew after many years of PvP I had enough and want to chill.

WoW Classic Launch was only a few months ago so everyone who realised this type of world PvP is not for them after all can easily reroll on a PvE server and I’m sure Blizzard will open new PvE servers then as needed if needed.

Retail is quite balanced in old BfA zones now, no fp camping or anything like that, 1v1s, nice WPvP. Sharding works pretty good for balance. Maybe they need that in Classic WPvP :slight_smile:

Most of the muppets on here making out pvp was the wrong choice are trolling.

World PVP was no where near this bad on orig wow. It was more fun because there weren’t huge gank squads of alliance or horde running around and ruining any chance for non 60’s to do anything.

Aside from this Blzz-tard introduced the honour system early, if they can do that early, they can bring in the BG’s with them early, so you know, we don’t have the current unplayable state of the game.

Most of the people agreeing with you and I use the term loosely because you have to be denser than a thorium node to a lvl 1 miner, if you don’t get it. Are only worried about losing their easy farm Hk’s.

1 Like

This cryfest is ridiculous. Snowflakes. Vanilla was also chaotic and as soon as they’ll release BGs you kids will get to breathe again. Do everyone a favor and go back to retail meanwhile, we don’t need thousands of crybaby threads about this. No one cares if you unsubscribe, Blizzard expects there to be dropouts who can’t handle PvP.

Blizzard, just ignore this (I expect you would). This is just a load of snowflakes crying about being killed on a PVP server, camouflaging themselves behind ‘not supposed to be so much camping!!!’ Which is just how it was. #Nochanges.

1 Like

Exhibit A. DouchebagusmePaloth in his native tounge.

Choosing PvP wasn’t the wrong choice.
Whining about it later on is the wrong choice. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s always fun having 3-4 horde raids camping infront of MC/Onyxia etc…

How exactly are we meant to fight back against that exactly?

World PvP wasn’t about raids and raids of horde camping instance entrances/ flight paths etc.

Horde camping the flight paths make it impossible to land anywhere without alliance guards.
What part of this is “WPvP” is like vanilla exactly?

You’d expect groups of 4-5 going around killing enemy faction, but not several raids of horde camping every bit of content you can do… for that 1 honor kill lmao.

I love PvP, but there’s no fun in fighting 40v1 and the people saying “stop crying” tend to be the horde members that are heavily outnumbering the alliance faction lol.

Haha, spot on point. Let’s just make Classic -> Retail. :slight_smile:
It’s easier, it’s quiet and peaceful, there’s no threat to be concerned about and no penalty for doing anything wrong, and best of all: you get everything for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is difference between pvp and pppvp.

No it wasn’t. I was leveling in that patch and I took 4 characters to 60 in vanilla. All in PvP realms (Ravencrest and Sylvanas). It was nothing like that.
Sure, you had hotspots. BRM was the main hotspot and you often got killed a couple of times reaching the instances (mostly BRD, since you’d have a lvl disadvantage, BRS wasn’t nearly as bad unless you happened to meet half a BWL raid group chilling outside).
Other than that, you had the occasional gank, the occasional duel and the rare corpse camp/ grief.

And most honor farming was done by attacking towns to invite defenders. Generally Crossroads or Tarren Mill vs Southshore. Had a few Astranaar raids too.
What you get now is on a completely different scale, as people are min-maxing honor farming and servers have much bigger population.
imgurcom/a/Vt8La7w

1 Like

One way to say “smelly no-life has been”

Looks like you got your answer :slight_smile:

Because, to be honest, most players don’t even know what PVP or PVE means, and they have no idea the difference of PVE and PVP servers.

And for those who think Blizzard can keep a relative faction balance is totally ridiculous. Just look the most popular EU retail servers over all these years: Outland, Draenor, Silvermoon, Kazzak, They are all totally unbalanced with 10 to 1 even 20 to 1 faction population ratio. What makes people think Classic servers will be balanced???

1 Like

It’s nothing like vanilla, are u kidding?! Fresh noob right out the box!