Why do Blood Elves need Horde?

This is again, an issue with the chronology of things.

Because by the time the Night Elven spies are killed at the sanctum, they already have the documents. We don’t know when exactly they’ve been provided with those documents, other than it was some time before the Blood Elf player gets to them.

I think it’s pretty safe to say that the Night Elves got the details first and then sabotaged the sanctum.

That answers the question and it makes sense. If they could cause the other sanctums around Quel’Thalas to malfunction, they could have had a field day.

Thanking you.

It really doesn’t, but as Calevarn wrote, perhaps that’s game mechanics.

I mean, I’m the first to say, that Blizzard could have done beter with the Blood Elf story turning away from the Alliance and joining the Horde at the start of BC.
But then I’m supposedly very critical of allot of things, allot of things also include WoW’s lore.

If you read the quest ‘Incriminating documents’ you will see that the Dwarf was sent specifically to observe the results of a malfunctioning sanctum.

There is the why.

The documents gives you a why to do it, and how to do it.

Ahah, thanks Savotar for pointing that out! I hadn’t rememberd that part.

1 Like

As I have said throughout though, there is no concrete evidence.

What I would say though, is that they have incriminated themselves in the same way that a person with a bloodied knife in hand standing over a corpse with multiple stab wounds would.

But there are no eye witnesses.

3 Likes

And the Blood Elves, at first, have no choice but to blame themselves, given that they are the most knowledgeable about the Sanctums.

It is only Ley-Keeper Velania.
And even her doubt is a little shaky I would say.

Rumours of Night Elven spies were already spreading around. Velania’s comment on how she doubts it could have been Night Elves, could very well have been linked to that

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Darnassian_Intrusions

Of course, when you find out there actually are Night Elves around.

Night elves? Here? Those rats!
Do you suppose they had anything to do with the malfunction in my sanctum? If you have any information, you’d better take it to Captain Sunbrand at once!

It seems a little weird if above line is delivered and then immediately go back to saying that you’d doubt that Night Elves had any part of it.

It is kinda a problem with the overall quest design chronology in old pre-Catalysm World of Warcraft.

1 Like

Draenei and Blood Elves had very rushed intro’s which didn’t make true sense until you got to max level, which is weird.

And even then it made little sense.

There is one place where I’ll give blizzard credit, their storytelling have gotten better.

Can’t say I agree with the story they are telling though.

It’s been up and down, I say.

BFA is the longest expansion that I’ve stuck around, where the storytelling has been this awful. WoD - I lasted 2 weeks.
I did play TBC, but I wasn’t a lore-freak then. I just wanted to play a Blood Elf Mage and Blood Elf Warlock.

I did not last long in WoD either. I only lasted longer in BFA due to me getting a little more serious about raiding in Legion… so I was determined to try out normal Uldir when it was first opened.

Turns out I got so bored of the entire game after a couple of bosses that I quit until the next allied races, subbed to unlock them, unsubbed, and so on.

I still need to unlock diaper gnomes… I could do that already today if only I could get myself to actually play the game.

It’s only Transmog gear that’s keeping me subbed.
I’ve got the LFR Rogue gear from EN/Nighthold for my Nightborne Rogue.

It’s time to get the Normal Druid Gear from EN/Nighthold for my Nightborne Monk.

This has all gotten a lot more civilised and with less abuse thrown around since that supposed ‘lawyer’ left the discussion.

Anyway, the fact is, whether they carried out the sabotage or not (and the evidence is pretty much that they did, the Night Elves were still hostile troops in a neutral nation at peace with the Alliance, that were killing the locals.

That is an act of War. Therefore the supposition that Alliance hostility will have driven the Blood Elves to the Horde is entirely accurate.

4 Likes

To me, personally, it always seemed as though the Draenei starting zone experience happened before the blood elven one. So by the time the night elves decide to spy on the blood elves, they’ve allied with the draenei and have heard reports of the blood elves colluding with demons.

This helps make sense as to why the night elves would at all go near Quel’thalas.

Seems plausible to me too.
Didn’t the Blood elf npcs mention Silvermoon or Quel’thalas in their quotes aswell?

“For Silvermoon! For Sunstrider!”

It could also be that Night Elves are just some meanie butt heads of course.

1 Like

Even before the Draenei questing experience, the Night Elves already expressed a certain ‘concern’ for Blood Elves and the possible corruption they were facing:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/589078836658831360/707229684286619739/unknown.png

However, while this could explain why they went to Quel’Thalas to spy, it doesn’t explain why they were so aggressive and hostile with a faction they were previously friends with.

In my hypothesis, there is only one Night Elf who could have the Sentinels behave so badly, and his name is Fandral Staghelm. I’m absolutely betting he had a hand in all of it, the whole thing reeks of him.

Not that this excuses the Night Elves by any capacity. Would have been great to see this attack on Quel’Thalas from Darnassus get more ramifications in the story than it did.

Holy cake, I absolutely forgot about that quest.

This is absolutely true.

This is possible, but it doesn’t make sense for the Night Elves to travel half the world just “because they’re mean”.

You didn’t provide the full quote though. He’s studying satyr and naga in a bid to help the blood elves (from what I understand).

Foolish blood elves toil with demonic magic. Have they not witnessed what happened with the naga and with the satyrs of Kalimdor?

I fear that the blood elves will meet a similar deformation. Azeroth cannot afford to give birth to another vile race of monsters.

I wish to study the brain stems of the satyr and naga so that I might deduce what fate the sin’dorei are headed toward. Try to avoid harming the stems while you kill them, I won’t take anything but perfect specimens.

Hence I prefer the suggestion that the Azuremyst and Bloodmyst questlines preceded the Eversong and Ghostlands questlines, to be honest.

The Blood elves being in league with demons is more than enough cause for the Night Elves to investigate and possibly act.

Note that Fandral Staghelm didn’t control the Sentinel Army, which is what the night elf forces in Quel’thalas consist of.

1 Like

That is why they are meanie buttheads.

Meanie buttheads would be mean enough to travel half the world just because they are mean.

Well in that case I disagree with the idea that they are “meanie buttheads”.