Why do you hate Alliance side so much, blizzard?

It is. Removing Mythic dumb constraints is only good. When we’re 19, it’s raid off, unless we can recruit a pug. Generally speaking, those bugs became “regular” pugs. That can even make them joining the guild in the end, in a certain way.

Realms mean nothing in 2019.

Blizzard should allow cross factions play for PVE, that currently does seem like a best solution to the problem of imbalance between the factions.

Currently I go through the top voted reddit postings on /wow and it seems that there are more people upset about the Alliance getting the mechagnomes (10,2k) in comparison to how many voted for the Sylvanas Harbringer video (which is the highest voted of the three) with 8k. Besides that, there is also the controversial Zandalari racial discussion. I think that these topics are relevant to some degree and why the Alliance looks like a stepchild compared to the Horde.

I leave you guys some links to them:

reddit com/r/wow/comments/djitxr/they_had_so_much_potential/

reddit com/r/wow/comments/ae8v9z/how_to_make_people_buy_race_changes/

Of course I read your entire belittling rebuke.

So which counterarguments you have?

10,205 votes and 1,036 comments so far on Reddit

11,083 votes and 1,137 comments so far on Reddit

Poor Alliance, always downtrodden and hated by Blizzard…
Oh wait, no you’re not.

• Massive buffs to your racials
  • Bonus XP for switching on Warmode
  • You got the bee mount everyone was hyped for
  • Allied races with OP racials that get insignificant nerfs whilst the Horde racials get nerfed into the dirt
  • Participation prizes for playing in PvP.
2 Likes

They did change the Zanda racial to be interruptable. It needed changing ofc. Not a huge proportion of the playerbase have a 120 Zandalari. Same for all the Allied races really.

I am bit late for the party but i have to say, as someone who playes both factions quite actively, that on BFA being alliance has felt bit lame. I am especially disappointed of quality difference with stories: horde getting exiting choices and alliance getting to name a boat. I am also unhappy how burning of Teldrassil was handled afterwards and how alliance was just “Meh” when Tyrande asked help for taking areas back. It was very big thing to happen that could have lead into amazing storyline on alliance part but instead of something cool coming out of it everyone (except nelves and worgens) were like “oh crap happens let’s move on”.

When it comes to mythics and raids, i don’t really know about those on personal level cause i don’t do them, but it does sound bad and needs a solution.

I don’t know if there is bias or not, but the fact remains that there is lot of alliance players who are unhappy and feel there is bias and that should be adressed somehow, because damage it does is real even when actual bias is not.

10 Likes

Goblins were part of the Horde in WC2 and fit way better in then any elves ever going to be.

1 Like

So horde gets a million cinematics and still you guys deny there is a horde bias? LMAO
Even the shadowlands cinematic like please stop faking.

5 Likes

Part in what? Being on one side or another? Because this is what we are talking about. Why the hell do you think is stupid enough to think that starting putting bridges over the factions is not gonna affect that.

Even Blizzard waved it off like it was an unpleasant smell.

No. He, like you, is trying to take part in a discussion that he knows nothing about and only regurgitates the same internet forum arguments that have been proven wrong by not only the raiding community but webpages that provide actual information about raiding guilds.

So I will repeat myself once more and never again:

• The Alliance faction is almost completely dead for top 1000 raiding

• Realmpop is not relevant information because it gathers everyone from complete casuals, non raiders, people that farm transmog from previous xpack and nothing else, etc. and we are strictly talking about top 1000 PvE

• Story-wise it would make sense to merge factions or allow some kind of xfaction play seeing as the Horde now isn’t the same as Blackhand’s horde from WC1 and neither is Alliance and we were building up to this point for some time now

• Gameplay wise it would make sense too because not only would some long time friends be able to play together once again but it would stop the community divide in two which is no longer necessary given the game’s 15 years old

• Blizzard could still earn a ton of money from faction transfers cause you would still need to faction change to be a Night Elf that’s playing with his Horde guild, as a matter of fact it would be a huge instant spike of microtransactions unfolding

1 Like

I think the easiest solution would be to just let guilds be guilds, seperate from the factions at the players discretion. Also, who really cares whether Horde or Alliance come first in the raiding and mythic rankings when in reality it’s always been about the guilds themselves? Will Method cease to be Method if it goes mixed faction in it’s roster?

Cross faction play for dungeon and certain outdoor PvE content (i.e. expansions that are faction neutral like Legion (barring Stormheim) and Shadowlands) can only be a net benefit, as it can open up many new doors for player interactions and give players more options for who they want to group with, as well as allowing them to make new friends that they otherwise may never meet because of the divide. At this point, with retail WoW’s population growing smaller in the wake of BFA, that might well be what the game needs; more people in the pool of interactions we dip into when we do group content in this MMO.

7 Likes

What massive buffs to racials? Then why High end PvE is Horde dominated for years? Better racials are the only reason, Alliance racials has always been trash.
Because Alliance is outnumbered since 8.0, so it’s a compensate. Other then that there should be no bonus at all in WM. There was no bonus for playing on PvP relams when they were still a thing, shouldn’t be there now.
Another compensate for 8.0 mounts being all reskinned horses, it’s not like Horde got reskinned wolves for their 8.0 factions…
Which AR racials are OP? Maybe LFD’s? please… Their on use racial got nerfed into oblivion, because Horde cried about it so they nerfed it to the ground.
PvP isn’t core aspect of WoW and will never be, we’re talking about Cross-faciton play in PvE not PvP as it wouldn’t make any sense to have it in PvP.
So again Alliance is trashed, trolled and neglected by blizzard for years, all we get are leftovers, compensates and compromises. When was the last time your precious Horde got humilated and trolled by blizzard? Oh that’s right it never happened…
Writing doesn’t count as it’s also terrible for the Alliance. In BFA they shown our leaders as incompetent fools, they would have died at undercity if not for Jaina, because they forgot to bring anti-blight masks.
Two most powerful Night Elves in Darkshore couldn’t kill a simple ranger with no any powers at all. Alliance leaders are all nerfed to the ground in-game and made super dumb.

2 Likes

I don’t care about your raid progress, or whatever the hell you keep bringing up as some kind of argument. The fact is that when you demand a change of this magnitude, it’s gonna affect EVERYONE. No exceptions.
You don’t get to tell people who disagree with you and your solution to shut up because you know best but because it affects them too. Any form of cross faction will end up affecting the game for everyone. So nobody came here to insert themselves in conversations, minus perhaps you.
So, let’s consider a few facts, for one that the balance between factions fluctuates from time-period to time-period. Consider that the Horde has started out with almost no raiding at all 15 years ago and gradually created a presence in the raiding world over the next few expansions. It was not always at the top as a faction, the “top” being driven by the hardcore raiding guilds and they had a following. I haven’t been a pro raider since WoTLK but I’ve been around and I’ve seen the Alliance going from being above and on par with the Horde, slowly tilting towards the Horde until we reached this point, which is, indeed not great for the Alliance in high end raiding.

But considering the fact that this whole scale is entirely based on the player choice, i.e. Guilds migrating for reasons, not always faction-related, such as merging. Also factoring in the streamers who will run to the money, whatever faction that might be on and it wasn’t always on the Horde.

The PVE aspect of the game, especially the high end one is one minor aspect of the whole game.

So yeah, you telling me that I have no idea what I’m talking about cause you think I didn’t clear whichever raid or mythic dungeon and I should shut up when you are talking about cross faction stuff which, like I said, will have an effect on the game as a whole, is not only idiotic but laughable. So get over yourself,

1 Like

Blizzard dodged the question about the imbalance two times during the last BlizzCon which tells you a lot, doesn’t it? While this is no clear indicator for Horde-bias, it surely is a great leaning towards it. It doesn’t help either that the game director plays only one character for over a decade. He just recently loosened some of his povs towards alts but this is another story for another topic.

Anyway, this is Ion’s official player character:

worldofwarcraft com/en-us/character/us/malganis/gurgthock

7 Likes

“Guild: ❮Elitist Jerks❯
:no_mouth: :sweat_drops:

But for those who aren’t even raiding, to which extents having an option for raiders like me to choose if we want to group up with opposite faction affects those who aren’t raiding at all ?

That’s like me saying because I had a better world rank than you in BoD when I raided I know better than you. That’s a really dumb statement to make and you know it.