Why is LGBT representation important in WoW?

I really do see the struggle. Personal change is hard, regardless of what side of the conflict you find yourself on or even if you try to avoid it altogether.

There are a lot of bad apples, both for and against and even neutral. They derail and let emotions get the better of them. Very few appear willing to budge one way or the other, or even listen to the counter part.

But I am listening. My main takeaway so far has been a very unique and positive insight from the LGBT people that were willing to share and I have learned that there is a huge difference between those who actually are LGBT and those that aggressively fight for LGBT rights on the forums here and elsewhere.

That said, for those that are reading… there are still people replying to the OP giving incredible insight to the topic in a very mature, personal and respectable manner.

That’s what readers should focus on and disregard/ignore the rest of the trash talk.

2 Likes

You know how equality works? Stopping discrimination completely, rather than saying it’s okay for 1 group to be discriminated against because others are too. Solve the problem instead of keeping it alive!

Maybe do some research in LGBTQ+ history then.

It certainly does look the way like that in every single LGBTQ+ community I’m in. You see 1 gay person in a group of 20, and think that’s representation? That’s straight representation. I see 19 straight people with a gay person being sidelined.

Stop being so incredibly dense. It happens in the majority of western countries that you consider “civilized”.

I thought you said that everyone is equal? If everyone is equal, we shouldn’t have to give you arguments to be treated equal and have equal representation.

Yeah the requests to be treated equally have to be justified, while you just said we’re treated equally. WRONG.

We? The vast majority of LGBTQ+, and I know for sure also cishet folks.

We’re talking LGBTQ+ here, not just gay people.

I’m happy the straights are talking again, not.

• You keep saying “gays” in a dehumanizing way, even after I pointed it out to you.
  • You keep telling us we have equal rights, while we don’t
  • You keep telling us we should justify equal representation

I get the feeling you rather have we don’t exist.

Bnet posters like to act like they’re morally better and smarter than everyone else. Get used to it bud

Best troll of the day you trying to act like you care well done i r8 8 m8 g8 b8 you really do not care about mine and others LBQT+ views or the rubbish we have to put up with at all its just an act .

I do genuinely think Nezarah wants to learn about the LGBTQ+ community. If not, I highly doubt they would be this civil about it.

2 Likes

After dealings with them in the past i do not think that at all far from it there pass record of how they treat others says very different .
He has distain for people and treats them with disgust and mocking in most posts sadly .

Hmm, I have no personal experience with them. This is the first time I interact with them, but people can genuinely change for the better if they want to, and I get the impression that this is an example of that.

It’s possible to change your mind about stuff like that. Nezarah does actually seem to be listening to those of us that have answered and is willing to take everything on board - and that’s great. But responses like this are only going to put them and others off trying to learn, if whenever they do try and learn, they get called a troll.

Well im glad you think like that more power to you but after being treated bad from him and seeing him treat others with total disrepect i do not trust him at all ,

I think its best to give OP the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Right now they’re not mocking so if they are trying to learn more about lgbt ts best not to drive them away.
And if they do turn it around to attack us later… well people on the forums do that enough anyways.

2 Likes

So i am not allowed my view over a well known bile spreading troll i should just shut up right ?

lmao! So you were hostile towards him and assumed he’s making this thread in bad faith the second you saw his nickname. Isnt this kind of behavior something LGBTQ+ people fight against? XDDDD

oh the irony

2 Likes

Understandable. Once trust has been broken it’s difficult to rebuild it. Perhaps this is something the both of you should talk about privately so the two of you can make up about it.

And no, none of us are telling you to shut up about it. You are allowed to feel hurt if you have had bad experiences with this person, no one said you weren’t. But people do genuinely change for the better if they want to.

She’s hurt 95% of the time tho

1 Like

I really do care and want a better understanding.

Daestra is upset due to a personal relationship with Punyelf, a MVP forum poster they hang out on discord with I think, either way I’ve had disagreements with this MvP on game systems and PvP in particular.

We don’t share the same vision for the future of the game and Daestra being jealous thinks I’m stalking Punyelf or something along those lines, I really couldn’t care less.

Bit like you honey :slight_smile:

lol not even close

no you are always 100% hurt im sorry :frowning: hugs x

It might be helpful if you quote one line from every helpful post at the bottom of your OP ?

1 Like

Replies like this are not going to help the cause.

Whatever that is going on between forum posters here, if it is something that has happened privately, it should be dealt with as such and communicated about in a healthy manner.

1 Like