Why Necrotic is still a thing ?

I see the discussion suddenly took a toxic turn.

1 Like
  1. Youā€™re the only one just looking at one class, wellā€¦ one role. And then just ignore the rest of the party.
  2. So iā€™m a rogue, so i canā€™t coment on anything tanking or healing related now? I guess with that logic you canā€™t talk about M+ above +10 lol.
  3. The only one being salty is you :slight_smile:
  4. And itā€™s you, who seem to on repeat, ignore everything that doesnā€™t fit into your narrative.

Now, donā€™t be salty about the whole trying to show of our epeen, you started in mate :stuck_out_tongue: You were the one trying to ivalidate peoples opinions because you ā€œwere doing 10ā€™s and aboveā€ Or trying to show people that ā€œyou know what youā€™re talking aboutā€

Also wondering, as YOU said, this is about Necrotic, what has that got to do with me being a rogue? :stuck_out_tongue:

Necrotic is just the Affix that takes away a ton from tanks that dont haw low CD mitigation skills or removals like DKā€™s Anti Shell, or like Monks can stay in the ring or run around to clear the stacks off without loosing agro.

I understand that balancing is a difficult thing to do specially if you give a skill to a class for a defence from Necrotic then that skill will be used in other situation that cud be just OP.

But also Necrotic feels like the most unbalanced affix there is in M+, like in my server 90% of tanks stoped doing M+ when Necrotic came out, and from that everyone suffers.

Which was changed in 8.1, Necrotic is now physical, so AMS doesnā€™t remove it.
Paladin protection does tho.

And i repeat, this isnā€™t just a tank mechanic, itā€™s a group mechanic, the group should help the tank reset stacks.

If they donā€™t itā€™s l2p issue.
If tank just ignores the windows for resetting stacks that the DPS give, itā€™s a l2p issue.

Necrotic is fine.

2 Likes

Neceotic is group affix as well as grivious is. Go and try explain it to healers who heal in pug groups.

Its primary tank affix same as sanguin.

Problem with reset windows is bfa trash spells. There is a lot jumping trash or trash which hook you back.

But true is that necrotic or sanguin arent hard affixes they are just annoying as hell. For me its weekly run and take a break till next week.

1 Like

I had no problems with Grievous, but Necrotic is destroying me, and its not the dmg its the Stacks that makes me unhealable, I can mitigate some of it but if dps is to low it just gets to much after 40 stacks :confused:

Then itā€™s a dps issue, itā€™s not complicated. Youā€™re part of a 5man team, you all support each other, your job and the dps job are joined, they have to kill the bad things before you get turned into a rug, you have to control the mobs while they do that. Healer has to keep you alive while the dps do their thing, and deal with an aoe damage to the dps.

The entire point of these dungeons is you cooperate, pool your abilities. Eg, I can help you out with necrotic being a dps dk, by using my dnd slow to give you time to get distance to reset, like frost mages. Or healers with their external dmg reduction cds.

I was wondering this whole thread what made you think a DK is better at dealing with Necrotic than a Druid, it turns out youā€™re just misinformed. In fact a DK is prolly the worst at dealing with necrotic alone than any other tankā€¦

Then its even worse, then only 2 tanks left who can deal with it, plus DH but that one is maybe, cuz I know that DK was seconds after Monks to deal with Necrotic.

DKā€™s ASM doesnt remove stacks anymore ? What I mean with DK you use the slow run away use ASM when Necrotic is at 5 sec and your good that makes Necrotic 60% weaker.

What does this help against Physical damage?

1 Like

The broken part of Necrotic is the Unhealing stacks, the dmg isnt the problem, the problem is that you cant be healed with high stacks ( the more stacks you haw the less healing you can get -2% per stacks, it goes up to 99 stacks and every enemy hit put a stack on you and refreshes the duration) , and some tanks can remove stacks easy and for others its a big problem.

1 Like

Iā€™m terribly sorry, but have i misunderstood?

[Cuukiesmiles]
Night Elf Balance Druid
[ ā®PandoraāÆ]
Frostmane

Night Elf

1 push of the button

ahahahaaha

ams doesnā€™t allow this either
necrotic is physical nowadays, which means ams is as helpfull as manapotions are (a bit less to be frank).

Doesnt alow what ? You use ASM to remove the stacks so you cud be healed, the dmg from Necrotic isnt big, the problem is that you cant be healed or heal yourself, ITS NOT THE DMG FROM IT, and ASM doesnt alow any debuffs to be places on you so you remove the stacks while your back in the fight after 4 sec, others haw to run for the full Necrotic duration or they will haw 0% of healing.

necrotic=physical.
necrotic DOES stacks through ams.
i donā€™t know how many times we have to give you THAT EXACT INFORMATION.
Though as a nightelf YOU have the button to drop necrostacks.

Yesterday the only 2 tanks who hadnā€™t timed a +20 this week was DK and DH. So where exactly do you get this idea from, that DKā€™s are god with this affix.

DKā€™s AMS does NOT prevent necrotic stacks or anything anymore.

You keep going on about class X is way better than Y for this affix, but itā€™s just not the case. This is clearly a l2p issue on YOUR end

What is wrong with you?? Everybody here is telling you that AMS DOES NOT neither prevent nor clear necrotic stacks! And youā€™re still repeating this BSā€¦ Every tank requires the assistance of their group to reliably clear necrotic stacks, ONLY the monks can do it by themselves every now and then. I donā€™t understand what your problem isā€¦ druid tanks may have some disadvantages compared to other tanks (but every class has pros and cons!) but dealing with necrotic is not one of themā€¦

1 Like

Only monks? What do you mean. They do get less stacks because of dodge but they have to run away if they want to reset. And then you could also say veng dh. Or even druid can typhoon and ursol mobs and run.

Ironic thing is, he says the healing debuff (which ams does NOT help with, in any way shape or form) is the problem, while the damage component (which ams can help with) is not an issue. These two factors while saying ams = dk can ignore necroticā€¦ somethings not quite adding up hereā€¦

OP, sounds like you suck.

Every good play people propose you come up with a whine to counter it.