Why no revenge for Rastakhan?

The biggest fly in your soup right now; is called Anduin and Jaina.

In order for that to happen, and not be portrayed as wrong, either or both characters are to be shown as “wrong” in their current pacifist views.
And that, with Golden and pals seems about as likely as Baine sprouting wings and declaring himself a Demon Hunter.

That said, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Whooooa. The amount of entiltement. Good to know that guilt by addociation is apparently enough and that Alliance can do no wrong.

Zandalari are separate from Horde nation and they deffinietly deserve vengeance and repariation because they contributed the least in current war.

Ig you really preach what you believe in then Boralus is guilty as much and needs to be sacked.

2 Likes

No, lol. What’s with trolls and all the misinformation in this thread? :wink:
The Alliance version isn’t ‘canon’ because it was them attacking. It’s canon because that’s the one players actually see.

The Horde never actually experiences the fight against Rastakhan. There were no Zandalari survivors. Rastakhan was alone. Just like the Alliance doesn’t actually experience the fight against Jaina.

The dialogue that you, the ‘actual’ Alliance player hear while fighting Rastakhan is different from the dialogue that a random troll claims took place while the Alliance was fighting Rastakhan. So what the Alliance heard from Rastakhan was what he said. And what the Horde heard from Jaina is what she said. Because those are the events that actually happened in canon, and not just in some soldier’s imagination.

Ok.
I’ll keep all of the above in mind next time some race pays as collateral damage for their ties with the Alliance.

They had it coming because, just like the Zandalari apparently, they are at fault for allying themselves with the enemies of the Horde. And they are being unreasonable if they want payback for it.

That’s basically how your argument goes, right?

3 Likes

It would be, if they had started it. But Boralus was only involved in the war, because Jaina sought out the Kul Tirans, because Anduin told her to, after Talanji embraced the Horde. But just as it was the Horde that started the whole thing, it was the Zandalari who involved KT and Zandalar in the conflict first.

Zandalari didn’t stard this war either Talanji got imprisoned and Horde rescued her. She used them for help in their internal matters not against the Alliance.

And yeah if you call Horde monster for what they did to nelves why aren’t you showing disgust to Kul’Tirans who successfully genocided Drust to extinction?

3 Likes

Maybe try to read what I actually wrote instead of strawmanning again.

‘If The Night Elves were harboring the Scourge with whom Sylvanas was at war, and Sylvanas makes her way to Teldrassil to force Malfurion to surrender and stop harboring the Scourge, nobody would be outraged.’

‘Mounting a quick strike to force Rastakhan to surrounder and stop enabling the Horde’s war crimes isn’t an out-of-proportion response to the Zandalari enabling the Horde’s war crimes for months.’

There’s no need to ‘ok so you’re basically saying…’ paraphrase me, I excplicitly said what I meant by breaking it down in comparison.

Very well, I’ll also keep then how your King mentioned the ghosts of Arthas and Daelin, and how he said he had only enough forces for one final assault, since your Alliance King said it, which pretty much means the Horde destroyed your everything in this War and you should be thankful to Saurfang we didnt end you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, now your arguments are way over the top.

2 Likes

I am almost sure this is Sereloony I don’t remeber other player to be so hellbent on admitting that other faction can have valid grievances.

1 Like

It is not strawmanning. What I said is basically what it seems you are implying.

I take issue with the sentence that references the punitive measures carried out against the Zandalari as the “natural consequences of their actions” (which basically were about a tacit allegiance), and the way you imply they should take them at a stride and would be unreasonable of them to want payback.

And regarding the next two situations you described, they are hardly applicable here. Also doubt the “nobody would’ve cared” bit.

You are saying that Night elves should’ve reacted just fine if the Horde had allowed their civilians to escape and instead just killed their military and their leader? We know as a fact that’s not the case: we have both NPCs and players crying for justice regarding Darkshore and Ashenvale.
And both were instances where the Horde under Saurfang did exactly THAT.
They didn’t even kill their leader.

Are Night elves unreasonable for wanting vengeance over those events? Their reaction proved your claim false. They certainly cared.

And this bit is simply wrong.

2 Likes

Gotta back the trolls up here. It does not matter whether Rastakhan was a legitimate target or not. The trolls are entitled to desire vengeance for his death and the sacking of their city either way.

The Alliance could have been respectful as hell (not saying it was), precise and beautiful strike, you still attack someone’s city and you still kill someone’s king.

5 Likes

he was a old fool weak and incompetent the alliance did him a favour by allowing him one last dance where he could pretend to be strong if anything the trolls should be thanking us

But aren’t you a troll yourself?

1 Like

He was far more competent than Kathrine but Kathrine is still there.

Rastakhan was completely different person at the end of his arc he was willing to make personal sacrifices for his own people. He was working on fixing his mistakes. He was redeemable and good character.

1 Like

well say that his daughter never returned how would the cough mighty" rastakhan handled the blood trolls hint: he wouldn’t he would have sat on his throne allowing zul to sarifice his whole nation to g’huun

And Kul Tiras would be overran by Gorak Tul from the west, the Old Gods from the North, and their capitol would’ve been sacked and destroyed by pirates. Or offered as ritual sacrifice to Azshara storming from the east.

Also, if Talanji had never returned, Zul wouldn’t have either.

This speculation seems rather pointless.

4 Likes

I was saying that he was more competent than kathrine that didn’t act when entire fleet disappeared and didn’t act when Drustfall fell to disarray where alsonmassive invasion was prepared. Kathrine was ready to give leadership to someone else and sit on her bum and do absolutely nothing.

Rastakhan actually commanded the defences, he rallied armies and made bargain with Loa for further assistance. He refused to surrend to make sure that his people won’t be hostages and maintain their independence. He redeemed himself in my eyes.

3 Likes

the trolls deserve better then a leader so incomptent that he let his empire fall to ruins and blood troll traitors be in every position of power even without zul the blood trolls would have overrun his tiny nation in time he was living in the past rather then living in the present

Wrong, Alliance never wanted their kingdom, they wanted to talk to rastakhan about not aiding the horde, Alliance had plance to explain to rastakhan what the horde had done, but nope Rastakhan decided to listen to bownsambdi and attack them instead, what actualy Bownsamdi wanted to happen all a long, Talanji should actualy be pointing her revenge on Bownsambdi who was behind it all a long.

also the other loa was not much better, instead of lettng the alliance pass, they also attacked, intresting part was that, none of the bosses part from the loa and Rastakhan was even Zandalari if I recall.

2 Likes