Why stay in Classic (Vanilla)?

While I am planning to play TBC, I am also considering to stay in the old Azeroth. But the question is, if staying in Azeroth will have any future value?
I mean, will Azeroth freeze in the way it is? Or will be there any another content? What are the plans with Classic? Any idea anyone?

I will leave a char or two and move the rest

I mean the point is that there are people who wanted to play classic and not repeat the same cycle again like 15 years ago and play through every expansion again. Classic Era servers are the ones who should stay the same forever.

1 Like

I also don’t know, what will we do, in a static Classic World.
I never raided AQ or Naxx in Vanilla, so I have this motivation. But after? What will we do, with most players, in full tier 3?

As they mentioned in the Deep Dive they intend too let classic stay classic forever since there is players like me that want too play it still etc, certainly for me i gonna make a copy of my main.

But if they make new content there, we may see something like emerald dream or something amazing that blizzard work on but never came trough in its release.

But certainly not any time soon since TBC will be their main prioty at this time.

1 Like

One reason to stay would be to get full BiS naxx gear on your char, and only then quit.
Or not quit and be a 60 troll in the 60-69 BG group.

When all is said and done there is little to do in classic wow with no content being released after Naxx and most people moving on to TBC.

1 Like

Yeah, most of you got exactly my point. On my classic main (filthy casual here) is still missing AQ40 and Naxx and some reputations. I think I can spend a year finishing what is missing. But then, will I be stuck in a static world and all what is left is to do the same with another alt…and then another? I mean, classic is awesome and really fun, but not forever.

It’s never the end until there is a demand.
I’m personally not a big fan of TBC, some zones are just boring and designed for flying mounts, which arguably one of the worst additions to the game.

What I think is going to happen, roughly 15-20% of present Classic playerbase will learn that they just prefer Classic more, they may not sure of it now because of the hype around TBC, but once they get to play it, things might change.

Classic by itself isn’t finished product, it has so many little things to be added and fixed(world buff), that is already done in TBC it put Classic kind of on a backfoot, what could be awesome if Blizzard did fresh Classic but with minor changes and even additions like light version of Classic+, with no new raid but quality of life changes, including prenerf everything.

4 Likes

I’m thinking the opposite.
What screwed things over last time wasn’t new gear, dungeons and zones per se. (Although that weird gear bump was am unnecessary slap on everyone’s face)
It was all the qol stuff that started the downfall as I see it.

So I’d vote for a classic+ that has some new/opened zones (in the existing world), some new gear that makes new specs viable and some new dungeons and raids in these opened zones. That’s basically it. That could go on for a looong time.

3 Likes

But you have to factor in that todays Blizzard that made BFA and SL would also be the people making the classic+ content. In an ideal world classic+ sounds great, in reality it’d crash and burn pretty hard.

As for the main topic, there is nothing new to be added, it’s a preserved state. I think classic struggles to get fresh blood as it currently stands, and I don’t see anyone choosing classic over TBC in the future.

1 Like

imagine thinking quality of life is a bad thing?

You can farm all the black lotus you want!

Personally I don’t mind playing Classic vanilla for another year or 2, I play off-meta spelldamage rogue and i’m only halfway to collecting my full gear. After that I dunno, try solo Baron Rivendare (Don’t think anyone ever soloed him), try solo Onyxia? try solo all the LBRS bosses.

Lvl another class do some more off-meta things. For people interested in weird builds classic is perfect.

1 Like

The servers are going to be so dead if they don’t merge, good luck getting 40 people together for a raid.

i do not think so. Some private servers are running for years on end at exactly the same patch and they still are flourishing

1 Like

I can see many fotm rollers keeping / leaving their warrior in Classic and boosting new fotm for BC (warlock / hunter / shaman). So that the keep being the best and top dogs on both.

Being a Oomkin obviously i won’t copy to classic. I won’t copy my 5 twinks either (2 19s, 1 29 and 2 39s) as most players will be in TBC.

Well maybe, just maybe start to play this game on another level. You can create your own content if you are creative enough. I totally don’t understand players who just want to collect items (like T3 set for example) and once they got it, they quit. Seriously those players don’t need new raids with new items to collect added to the game by Blizzard. They are basically addicts who need the dopamine when they get loot. Why not play lottory or diablo2/3… So what they need is a reality check.

I already have all the gear i want on my main and i still play that char almost every day. Just saying… I needed the gear to start playing, not to quit xD

Lets ask, maybe there are some very creative players around:
What do you do when playing classic and why?
What makes this game fun for you?

Do you guys know if I can choose to remain on classic then later on move on to tbc?

The Era realms are in separate realm pools from the TBC realms, so, nope =)

Yes you will be able to do that but it won’t be free and your toon will be like he was on day one of TBC pre-patch, not like he is when you make the switch.