Why the Classic community should be more efficient

ya, retail offers more avenues for efficiency. it seems your desire for more efficiency conflicts with the classic community and the spirit of classic in general. have you considered playing retail and not classic?

1 Like

I’m not a troll, I didn’t understand what you were saying. If you were saying try taking your time to ensure a clean, efficient run, because you’d been taking ages to finish a dungeon due to wipes, I’d agree with you, but that’s not it.

Now I think I do understand. You think groups are too slow and should learn from retail how to do things, but old vanilla veterans want to run things like the old days and are making it boring and spoiling your fun.

Calling tanks who make cautious pulls “jerks”, “stupid” “not willing to learn”.

Make your own groups.

1 Like

you are an illiterate troll, if you read anything i said you would of guessed i got my RETAIL point OUT OF PLAYING retail, i might not agree with the other people here but you’re on the same level as the gnome troll, stupidity level

He means that if someone joins a group for a dungeon and then decides to dictate the speed of that group, then that is a bad player.
A good player is someone that plays efficiently according to the time they have available to play.
For example, you have 2 hours to play WoW when you get home from work, if you want to do a dungeon you don’t want to spend those full 2 hours in a dungeon watching a tank pull mobs one at a time because that’s what he did back in vanilla therefore he should be doing it in classic now.
There goes your only 2 hours to play because someone thought they knew better than the rest of the group, which therefore ruins the experience for everyone.
A good player in this scenario would pull mobs in the dungeon efficiently to avoid keeping 4 other players in the same place for 2 hours.
That was the point of the post.

He’s not saying ‘If you’re not speedrunning then you’re a bad player’
He’s literally saying that if your only reason for slowing down a group of 4 other players is because “This dungeon took me 2 hours back in 2004 so that means it should take me 2 hours now” THEN you’re a bad player.

you are an illiterate troll

sure?

if you read anything i said you would of guessed i got my RETAIL point OUT OF PLAYING retail

yeah i guessed that bit, i guess my wording was off: return to retail, not start playing for the first time

How anything of what i said makes you say return to retail?
Are you this close minded to something that somebody writes down on a public forum?
Its really discouraging for other people that you’ve got a saying in this platform and you use it like this.
Again, ill give all the other people the benefit of disagreeing with me as I did with them but you’re just bored and have nothing productive to say so if i was you i’d just leave

Who the hell is running dungeons deliberately slower than they can, because it’s how long it took them in vanilla? That’s maybe why I didn’t understand what the op meant, because that’s ludicrous and I’ve haven’t met a single player who does it.

A tank may be cautious in his pulls, because it’s safer, he wants to avoid a wipe, he’s not confident yet, he’s out of practice, it’s how he remembers it and is still working it out, he’s new to tanking… other reasons I can’t think of right now

He’s timing it to make sure it takes 2 hours, because that’s the correct vanilla way and how long it should take is ludicrous.

BRD should take at least 7 hours.

Your whole post doesn’t come across how you seem to think it does. You come across as yet another person telling people they are bad for not playing in some optimised levelling/time manner. That is why you are getting the reactions from people replying.

If someone hates levelling they will find a way round it by doing these cleave groups, that does not determine if a player is good or bad. Any more than a player deciding to enjoy the game by questing inefficiently and travelling back and forth is a bad player.

Not being able to play your class is just about the only thing that makes someone a a bad player, it has zero to do with your optimal levelling speed. Sometimes it’s a lack of understanding or simply not knowing what to do.

Many didn’t want the go go go mentality of Retail. Certainly one of the things that appealed to me is that we do not rush through dungeons. We have fun, take our time and work our way through.

There are, however, plenty of cleave groups out there for those who want to that kind of thing. They are usually pretty clear what they want when using the LFG channel.

5 Likes

He’s not saying those that take their time to quest are bad players, that’s the whole point of classic.
The thing is, there’s people complaining about cleave groups, saying that it’s ruining their classic experience when in fact it’s just people that either don’t want to level slow/don’t have the time to level slow.
No one is saying that the go go go mentality is a good thing, however it gets to a point where some people are going slower than they need to be and this is what can ruin dungeons for other people.

The point is that the people that run dungeons slowly because that’s how they remember the dungeon, are sometimes in the mindset that they shouldn’t have to adapt their playstyle because it worked for them back in vanilla. These are the people that the post is referring to.

Fair enough, then again you are agreeing with one of my points, see this;

// A bad player will lack the awareness on how to value the time he or she spends playing, and that usually translates to them not being able to see beyond what the limitations regarding their skills within the game are.

that meaning that this tank in particular, lacking confidence, will invest his time in safe pulling instead of pushing himself to be a better player, and then in return giving everyone else a harder time dealing with the content they’re running, not because it will be harder as in difficulty but harder to digest knowing they could be pushing it further, its not about speed what i was on about, never said anything about speed, that was all you guys, FOR SOME REASON, but either way, i was referring to being able to improve as a player then becoming more efficient just through the process on willing to do so, not playing by some 2005 standards, is it that hard to understand that gaming evolvers and playerbase skill does aswell?

No I’m sorry, I don’t agree with you. You think he might be able to push things faster because another tank did. You don’t know the person behind the screen. A bad player is the one who pushes too fast and then rants at everyone. A bad player is not one who plays within their limitations and agrees to tank a dungeon for you.

1 Like

That literally translates to what i was saying about not putting effort into time then into knowing what your limitations are, in this case what your class is capable of, in this specific case, how many mobs you can pull

hopefully you did not refer to anything i said with this because let me quote myself

now lets trim it down for you even further

honestly, may i ask you what did you think i was referring to when i said The right group of people? Because i was not referring to what you guys love to call the “gogogo retail”
I think its just laziness that you guys arent willing to give it a comprehensive read beyond spotting flaws here and there like trolls
Its been years since ive stepped on a forum, and this is a warm welcoming from people that literally cant read

havent mentioned a specific type of content and i wouldnt refer to any solo type of content as being efficient or not, im not that big of an ignorant, stop twisting my words, thank you

I’m getting really fed up of your accusations about illiteracy and ‘can’t read’. Your posts aren’t very well set out, or clear. That’s why people, including an MVP can’t work out what you’re trying to say. They aren’t trolling you, they’re asking you to be clearer.

You’re saying people aren’t playing well enough for you and aren’t willing to learn from you, or from retail and wasting your and their time. Well tough really. Find different groups.

3 Likes

So a good player cant enjoy the game for xyz amount of hours per day and a bad player is a no-life?

Drop a TLDR for us “bad” players, please and thank you

Read the first bit of the sentence, i included you there, but in return you use the first bit of the post agaisnt me
And after saying this, i really wonder if you even noticed who was this directed to, like God…

the fact that you just typed these words to me, acusing me of ME saying people are not GOOD ENOUGH for ME really makes rethink if im actually wasting time

you must be joking or you have the reading comprehension of a three year old

If you re-read the post again he said that a ‘bad player’ is someone that doesn’t want to progress their skills from vanilla and sees someone that does, as someone with ‘no life’, not that bad players have no lives.

Now youre just toxic.
I cba reading through a essey on how players play the game. Get real with and take a good look at what youre saying.
Mr. Snowflake

Anyone can say “this player is trash”
Why? Cus opinions

If you cba reading the forum post, why are you posting on the thread?

Read my answer to mr toxo druid