Will I need to make a new lvl 60 to use in TBC

I heard retris are considerably worse. Not Vanilla-level worse but considerably. Like maybe 70% of an arms/enh DPS? No clue about specifics actually.

Alliance why not ā€¦ Horde obviously u need to wait

Ret need to be ok with seal twisting right? Its not the most fun thing to do ā€¦

You heard wrong. Retradins DPS, especially in late TBC, is only behind fury warriors and rogues. The chances of an enha DPS or arms to beat a retradin (blood elf, at least) are next to none.

2 Likes

Yea, you twist vengence and righteousness. It is not mandatory but helps. I was playing Prot back then so not personal experience but we had Ret in guild and he as good dps.

I see. Makes sense this way - furywars and rogues provide next to zero utility, arenā€™t they? And all the utility specs are slightly behind.

What about Alliance retris, are they below all else at least?

Spamming shadowbolts, on the other hand, is the definition of fun.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never played Alliance in TBC, so I canā€™t tell sorry. What I do know is that Iā€™ve seen quite a few Blood Elf rets, and Iā€™ve been one myself. And theyā€™ve got the highest DPS out of all support DPS classes, especially from T6 onwards when elemental shamans start scaling less.

There will be plenty of guilds doing that.

Surprisingly, its my cup of tea :slight_smile:

Yeah, that one Rogue will be as happy as the Druids were in Classic =)

I agree that rogues are not in high demand in TBC if you look at it from a serious to hardcore perspective. Yet, I know for sure and so do you, that the majority of guilds then as now are not pushing for meta classes.

I was lucky to try out my friends rogue back in TBC and was able to go a few rounds in PvP with him ( s1 gear in deep s2 ) and as an Assassination rogue and theā€¦letā€™s say: ā€œquality playersā€ in PvP at that time, it was an extremely fun experience picking off targets into a 1v1 situation. Tho I didnt always come out on the winning side :wink:

What Iā€™m trying to get at here and in general is that: Whatever you play, dps, healer tank or all in World of Warcraft all the way up to Wrath ( thats when I really started to dwindle from WoW ) you can play whatever you want and never! be afraid to not find any guild that will accept you for what you play.

The diversity in this game no matter what is pretty insane as long ( and this is important ) that in some cases you will struggle more than others.

2 Likes

I dont disagree with you, and agree that any Rogue most likely will serve his/hers purpose in most scenarios. History has shown tho, and I was one of the fools thinking it wouldnā€™t before Classic, that the majority of players blindly follow whatever performance based ā€œmetaā€ there is (often heavily influnced by the Private servers).

I think we will see just that, again, in a potential Classic TBC, where less people will both play and invite some classes/speccs based on others.
If Warlocks and Hunters both are invited more and played more, and others are brought on the fact that they somehow add value to the raid which canā€™t be found in ā€œtop performing classesā€ (with buffs, as an example), the remaining classes will by default struggle more for a spot or be less prioritized.

I think what you are saying is heavly dependant on what server you play on, but I agree.

Nethergarde Keep is pretty chill that way, nothing too serious even tho there are Pump PuG weeks with warrior stacking and so forth for chill and parses. Beyond that I canā€™t say that some classes are suffering more than others by anything, but like you stated they are being played less due to this notion of being ā€œuselessā€.

Iā€™ll be rolling on a fresh TBC realm to avoid all the inflated bot farmed gold economies of our current high pop servers.

1 Like

If we get them, which I think we wonā€™t.

Which is why you see just as many moonkins in Naxx as DPS warriors, rogues and fire mages.
Yes?

Well, this would depend on how theyā€™re doing TBC servers.
Since TBC isnā€™t even announced yet, we have no information how they would be doing it.

Back in the day they released a few fresh servers to accommodate for the long queues that weā€™ll surely experience again.

I donā€™t know if theyā€™ll do the same when we now have some servers with uneven distribution and a lot of low pop ones. It depends on how many people will come back for TBC.

Yeah, depends on how theyā€™ll do it though.
If itā€™s ā€œfreshā€ but people can transfer over, itā€™s not worth it.