Will you buy the 58 boost?

I heard the whiny screams of Lorran before approaching the computer. The crying is real. :elf: :droplet: :droplet: :ocean: Meanwhile, boosts are just fine

1 Like

Still, not even close to 12Mio population (when you combine Classic + Retail) in Wotlk :slight_smile:

If one of the game publishers build trust within the gaming community that they will deliver quality content and not treat their audience like cash cows with all these mtx and rmt stuff, I’m sure they can even get 30 million players into it.

The MMORPG market right now is so thirsty for a proper not p2w MMORPG for so many years.

I hope AoC or new world can reach their potential and make this happen.

I am thirsty for a new quality MMO too tbh. But definitely not because of boost availability in WoW :slight_smile: From all MMOs WoW is the least p2w on the market. The only thing which can be considered as p2w is WoW token for players with a lot of money. They buy token = they get a lot of gold = they buy boosts in every content they want, buy BoEs etc. But since gear basically changes with every patch in retail WoW it is extremely unefficient.

In comparison to this, character boost is really nothing :slight_smile:

i have high hopes on AoC !

In your opinion - Your welcome :wink:

Sure it a matter of opinion. There is no exact definition of p2w after all.

Your definition :slight_smile:

Hey i have alot of RL money so i boost like 5 chars and craft my BIS gear in like three days and do more dps than anyone else who doesent do it or kill everyone in PvP because my gear is nuts. Yeah really doesent sound like pay to win.

We all got our own definition of what p2w is right ? :slight_smile: Its a matter of measure i guess because basically every game has microtransactions. For someone buying a skin is p2w, for someone it isn´t.

I remember trying to log onto one of the original 3 realms lol.

The issue with this definition is that every mmorpg would be like that.
Since you’re able to buy multiple accounts on every mmorpg.

Black desert online is a good example of P2W.
You can buy stuff from the cash shop and sell it on the marketplace and purchase your BiS gear at max enhancement rank.
It’s way cheaper and less time consuming than risking millions and millions of currency for a low chance of it upgrading and possibly breaking/downgrading your gear.

that was fun ,right ? lol

yeah sure, i just took the one that is mostly accepted ^^

i tried that game like 3 month ago, that p2w repelled me.

Yeaah, made me move to my current realm at least lmao.
Glad I didn’t stick to that realm(It was flamelash? I believe, or at least that was my second realm after the first one was just as bad lmao

It’s honestly a shame, since it was a fun game.

I allways think there has to be a commonground in the definition with p2w. Why is it such a dodgy topic ? Maybe iam just stupid :smiley:

Its allways this, you cant say that because i have a different view on that, but if you take a look at it = its just buying stuff ingame for RL money that will give the player an advantage, right ?

I think the most common definition fitting all different p2w types is mentioned at the start of the video:

paying real money in exchange for any ingame advantage or time commitment

Needless to say there are different shades of gray, like different levels of p2w. Some games are more gray.

I was watching that video. Character boost doesn´t meet HIS definition neither :slight_smile: WoW token does.

As he says, p2w is problem because no matter how much time you spend in the game you will never reach the power levels of those who pay. Does one-timed Classic lvl 58 boost meet this definition? I don´t think so. People who played Classic will be much stronger with their lvl 60 full decked characters and you with your boosted character can´t even come close to their power.

that actually made me smile :smiley: I CALL BULLSH*T !

Watch the video again, you got it completely wrong.

I basically quote him.

Edit: Another really important part of p2w according to him = The more you pay, the more you gain, he says exactly “the more wealth you enchange, the more advantage you get”

Again, ONE TIMED character boost to 58.