Windfury Weapon Bug!

Currently, when windfury procs the extra attacks are instant and it isnt until after the extra attacks have already happened that the bonus AP is applied for a brief second. This can be confirmed by keeping your character panel open and seeing the extra AP being applied after the extra attacks from windfury have already connected.

The AP buff isn’t active when the windfury extra attacks land.

9 Likes

I think Paladin’s Seal of Righteousness have similiar behavior. The holy dmg lands after like 0.5 sec melee swing. I think this could a Bug too bcs i dont remeber this delay in vanilla.

And about your windfury question. Yes it IS a Bug. In true vanilla shaman was my main character and im aboslutely sure that all three attacks landed instantly. No delay There. Report it…

1 Like

From my exoerience ( not much i have like 30 and 3/4 lvl so didnt olay that much with wf) but, if it procs i do 3hits instantly from those 3 hits first one is lower, second and thrid are less or more same but a bit higher than first

2 Likes

I have been testing this a whole day, my normal hits without any weapon enchants are between 88-96. my windfury should give +60 extra attack power to the windfury proc, resulting in higer hits then 88-96. yet my hits stay the same. i open my combat logg and my character sheet to see what happend… and i saw that the attack power bonus for windfury comes after the attacks land instead of before. and thus you hit 3x for normal weapon swing with out extra attack power.

4 Likes

Can confirm this bug!

2 Likes

The issue is the order in which it happens. The extra attack(s) will occur immediately before the windfury buff (extra AP) is applied thus gaining no benefit from this large increase in power.

Is this the best way to let blizzard know about this bug?
Or is there a better way?
Cause i doubt a GM or Blizzard employ wil read this post and get to action, even tho its a serious problem.
I miss the old ticket system where u could talk directly with a GM.

2 Likes

fix pls.
havent noticed myself but if its the case. fix plz.

2 Likes

You need to report it ingame.

2 Likes

I did. But just like this forum, i wonder how much attention it will get.
Hence i rather talk to a GM so i know its being taken care of :stuck_out_tongue:
For now i hope this post gets enough attention, please all report this ingame aswell.
The more of the same report the bigger the chance of fix? :smiley:

1 Like

i will report it when i get online. 2k queue left ;(

Got laundry done, dinner done, cleaned the house abit. atleast this queue situation makes doing needed chores like something to do while in queue anyway.

2 Likes

much appreciated !

1 Like

did you know windfury can proc off of extra windfury attacks aww yissss

1 Like

How about you actually report bugs in the forum dedicated for bugs?

Bug reports are made in game.

There is a ‘not a bug’ list as well, which can be found here

1 Like

Well as you can tell i am not someone who spends alot of time on forums at all.
This is all kinda new to me, and i did my best to find a BUG forum dedicated for bugs but i could not find it hence i made this post cause i did not know what to do ohterwise. im litterly asking for help.

I hope this bug get fixed soon

1 Like

Thanks punyelf, i did report my bug in game and also did i try to talk ingame to a GM wich was not posible but i got a in game link sending me to this forum instead.
The first thing i found was the “Not a BUG” forum, ofc the windfury bug was not on the list, which makes sence cause its actually a bug.
The extra attack power should not proc after the hits land.
If this was not a bug then they would not have made the mechanic of the extra attack power in the first place.
But seeing you are a VIP maybe u know a bit more about how long an in game bug report takes to be viewed, and if i get any feed back about my bug being taken under the loop or the out come?
I thank you for you answer and time.

1 Like

This has been fixed in patch 1.7 or 1.8. In patch 1.12, Windfury doesn’t proc on itself unfortunately.
Shamans have a history in WoW to be rapidly hotfixed as soon as something fun happened with them. In Vanilla, shamans were the only class that did not receive a big overhaul as every other class did along the patches 1.X.
In TBC, you could apply two Windfuries of different rank on your left and right hand to make it proc more often. Got nerfed within a few weeks as well.

Still a fun class, but yeah for some reason, Shamans never really got any love for the first two expansions although TBC helped a lot

Reporting bugs in game does feel a bit like throwing a rock down a big bottomless pit. When we file a ticket, a GM will answer but when we file a bug report it just goes to the relevant people and you don’t get any response.

There is no set time for when bugs are fixed, from my understanding they gather information and if it is a bug they need to replicate the issue and try to implement a fix. From experience some bugs are easy to fix and others aren’t. I remember several bugs in Wrath didn’t get fixed until very late in the expansion.

2 Likes