World of Magecraft

So wow classic is just a world of magecraft now.

It’s an OP class on its own, with free food, portals and stuff. But now, you have to roll mage to have steady amount of gold. So everything revolves around mages up until raiding and even then 100k gold in bag just makes difference.

Mages ruined wow classic - they make most money and they ruin immersion with those merchant-style tactics, selling runs and giving you 55-60 in a day for 1000 gold.

Even if you banned boosting, you would still be hadicapped if you don’t roll a mage, because mage can solo-farm those dungeons.

I really want to play in TBC, but considering the fact that nearly every mage will start expansion with 100k gold, I am not sure what to do.

8 Likes

is gold that important to you?

i mean, do you need more gold to play? do you need gold to log in, kill stuff, chat with guildies, run dungeons?

sure you need some for a bit of repair but not 100k

just enjoy the game in front of you and ignore the folks playing 8+ hrs/day

5 Likes

Feels bad when People who had Mages during classic will instantly buy Best gear and flying mounts as expansion comes out. That’s all.

Maybe we could ban boosters on RP servers. If blizzard makes New server for TBC for fresh start, that would be cool too as TBC is not world of magecraft.

How does it affect you if someone have epic flying?

3 Likes

well you got 10 levels of game time to save for it.

how much was flying in tbc, only remember the wrath cost (250g minus rep reduction)

It cost 5 000 gold as I remember. Significant amount for those who can’t earn 500g a day while standing in Kargath.

It reduces your ability to farm in the open world as efficiently as epic flying classes. This will be especially difficult considering the population issues the game has.

Also gold would not be an issue normally however as GBid runs are common in classic, as I imagine they will be in TBC, then having a lot of gold puts you at a distinct advantage.

You are having too high expections, im still without epic mount… you are looking up to the hardcore players like there is no any others

If you have enough time to farm 5000 gold for tbc, you have enough time to level a mage alt to do it on.
Also pretty much every class can farm at 50g per hour if you look up a relevant guide. That’s a little over 4 days of gameplay to get you epic flying funds. Do you honestly believe a farming mage will spend less time learning the pulls and getting boostin customers?

Yeah mages should be banned from WoW.

5 Likes

I think it is pretty obvious that we can’t change anything at the moment. But maybe when TBC comes out, give us fresh characters, or at least limit the gold that character can transfer to TBC realms to 1000.

I think this would be nice compromise against mages.

1 Like

This is actually part of what made me stop the game recently. This whole World of Gold Farmers thing. I only played Vanilla since day 1, and a few months of TBC. I wasn’t ready for this new kind of players. Which would make you pay lvl 44 gloves for 5K “because its end game and go reroll mage” or a Black Lotus for 200G - glad Blizzard killed this unfair black market.
We used to make fun of gold farmers, it felt wrong on so many levels, while now it has become the norm. The gameplay of Wow classic is already boring but what makes it even worse is this no fun full BiS Gold farmers new gen.

3 Likes

You are right. :frowning:

I would like to add comment about the market.

The market is insane. People are selling level 40 items for 40+ gold. I am ordinary leveler, why can’t they give me a chance to gear up for normal amount of gold? I don’t have 40 gold as rogue to spend on a belt. :frowning:

I always try to give others chance to enjoy the game - I sell blues for around 3 or 4 times more than their vendor price, which is fair. Rogue(or any other class) could spare 4-5 gold for a blue belt while leveling.

3 Likes

I agree with OP to a certain degree. But there are ways to make gold as non-mage also. Level 2 gathering proffessions put on some nice relaxing music and go open world farm. With layering this is much more enjoyable.

I also have a Mage as main and farming gold with my warrior is much more fun tbh as it makes me feel small in a big dangerous world compared to my mage which has all utilites to survive.

I’ve even gone so far that im gonna farm every penny for my epic mount for my warrior with my warrior and without the aid from my mage to get the vanilla feeling I once had. Perhaps even the Lionheart helm also.

And yes its more fun and enjoyable to play a game where I have to put in the struggle.

1 Like

That’s not gold created out of nothing though, it’s gold paid by other people. I don’t really see the big issue here, if players are willing to pay that much for a boost. On my server, a Mara boost generally goes for 8-10g per character, per run. So I guess it depends on the server, I doubt you can make tens of thousands of gold with the prices I see.

So how is boosting different from buying level 60 instantly?

You can buy gold for money, you can sell money for gold. They are interchangeable.

So for me to buy a level 60 boost on any server, right from Blizzard, is OK with you? Imagine people writing in world chat: “Want to buy level 60, paying 200 USD”. Will that be fine for you?

If not, you are a hypocrite.

It just ruins the the whole game. We used to really laugh at chinese gold farmers, now everyone is a mage and is farming… :smiley:

Tip the best gear cannot be brought you have to raid for it, Wow is all about the grind the more you put in the more you get out so if you can play 8 hours a day on any class you will have gold.

What difference dose it make is x player has 100 gold and y player has 1000 gold it’s still the same game play and enjoy or don’t stop worrying about what other people have…

Oh and you do not have to buy boosts you could always turn off that channel and just play and enjoy the game at your own pace , like for fun…

Then the problem is gold selling and bots, not boosters. I mean, you could make the same exact argument for literally anything involving gold. What about GDKP runs then? What about tanks asking for money to tank dungeon runs? What about AH items? And so on.

1 Like

This makes zero sense - you don’t need to buy anything from AH. All items are provided via questing/dungeons.

1 Like

Yes, Flying mount skill drops in dungeons obviously. :slight_smile:

Also, most of the pre-raid BiS items for fury warriors are obtained by gold. 5k is needed for 44 level epic gloves, so you have to roll mage to get it.