World PvP Killing Classic?

I already got a refund on shadowlands, cba playing this or other version anymore.

There have always been nolifers in the game. In the original vanilla game you had to spend 12 hours a day farming PVP to get top rank… so it’s not too different.

1. You think this is fun? to grind honor everyday? …
  2. i farm in group of trios for maximum efficiency worst case i farm in 5mans when bgs come out we farm bgs but till then the only honor is from wpvp.
  3. Server dies well how does that affect pvp in anyway? since when bgs come it will be cross realm pvp.

Problem is my lvl 51 rogue has killed most lvl 60 classes.
Frost mages die so damn quickly when you have a free action potion.

Be nasty, stop playing fair, get potions and run them down.

PvP is not the issue, if you rolled on a PvP server but expected not to have to PvP then more fool you.

The issue is we have servers that are 3-4 or even 5 times as big as their original Vanilla counterparts. The game was never designed to handle this and it shows.

1 Like

How if leyering is off?can you explain me.Once leyering is off the servers are back at the 3-3,5k pop cap.

For me the biggest problem is that the horde racials are much better suited for PvP, thus much more people are rolling horde.

I know most people are #nochanges, but eather the horde racials need to be nerfed or allaince buffed.
Allaince has to many useless racials like: find treasure, spirit and sword for humans, gun spec, +15 engi, etc. are all useless for Pvp. Meanwhile Orc has a freaking 25% stun resistance they dont even have to use a cd to get out of a stun. Imagin gnome with 25% immobilize resistance.
Ally priest is basicly a free kill for UD rogue.

Where did you read that? Because that hasnt happened, especially as the server cap with layers was around 15,000.

1 Like

Ok hang on there chief…

That is far from useless im not going to go into why as i likley wouldnt do it justice.

The and then and then and then retail response is valid here. Classic is not balanced if you do want hyper balance I’m afraid. Go to retail is vaild here. Hyper balance is not what classic is about.

Devs always suggested the number is around that,and it’s kinda the rule of thumb.Not only that you just confirmed it your self.If leyers are off then also your initial post is also wrong.The numbers are close as it was in Vanila.Might be off by 500,but not sure.But sure as hell not as you claimed and now debunked it your self.

Bye
/10char

Tiny clue bud. They aren’t as they were in Vanilla, the blues have even stated that the server population is more like live servers than what retail Vanilla was.

I think you cant interpet information that is being shared.What they said is while the leyering feture is ON the servers will be close to the live version servers population wise.But come phase 2 they will be simulating as close as possible the population capp of servers at the time of Vanila.And this is in any “leyering” population post,even pinned on the forums regarding it.
Currently the population is around 3-3,5k since leyering is off.Slightly bigger but not for a huge margin then back in Vanila.The only thing they use is the same servers as the live servers,and ofc that goes without saying.

Where was this stated? I’d be interested how they’d managed this? I mean a simple review of the population whilst in game often reflects larger numbers than retail Vanilla. I believe you might be confused, each layer was simulating a Vanilla server, however once the layers were removed then we end up with the cluster we have now, where it is simply far too large of a population to work within the Vanilla world.

Yes since the realms are capped at 3-3,5k with the CPc addon at the start on smaller realms you could figure that out on some of the rp realms/leyers that the community called.Servers had the inital 15k population cap,and the virtual image serverd as realms.Hence why you your self got the number 15k in your post,but once leyers are removed they shrink the numbers of leyers/population and you are left with only the realm/server population of 3-3,5k,something they’ve been saying since day one:“as close as to vanila like” for phase 2,that was always the goal.

Besides on Gehennas 1 day before layering was off, the queue was exactly as big at the same hour as when layering actually got turned off.

I wonder how Blizzard stated ‘use free migration to avoid huge queues’, apparently the population just magically halved or even more… lol.

Being in Orgrimmar AFTER layering got turned OFF I saw with my own eyes that the population atleast doubled maybe even tripled.

3.5K to 5K pop is simply NOT possible.

But they haven’t shrunk it, I don’t know if English isn’t your first language or not, but you don’t remove layers and then magically have the pop drop by a couple thousand without queues increasing substantially.

1 Like

Reroll to animal, If you cant read like other humans.

OK i think i understand where the problem is.You seem to think that leyeres served only to phase people out.But they effectively also increased the population.Servers used the live WoW servers/realms that are capped around 10k(you have the two monsters of 15k Draenor/Silvermoon,but most of them are at 10k)…now to incress the initial population they created the leyer teck,witch was the virtual representation of realms,and they not only phased people on diffreint realm/leyer but also somewhat incressed the population of the server.You had 1 realm and 2-3 leyers all around 3-3,5k population on every server=15k.But once everything was shutdown you are left with 3-3,5k pop realms only.

Witch exactly happened.Gehaanes was again in huge quee timers and other realms too.But you also take into acount players leaving the game.

1. Why did you choose a PvP server?

2. Learn how to PvP.

3. Become good at it and enjoy it.