World PvP Killing Classic?

You are wrong. It’s that simple.

Âlex, I can feel your pain.
Player who started late do not get the same user-experience than the others (already 60) got. They could easily level from 50 to max, you cannot.

In my opinion this phase 2 has some issues that Blizzard fixed later when they introduce Battlegrounds and Arena, at least mostly (because killing pvp-interested players gives way more honor + honor for winning).

When (Classic) Wow was released many years ago, you could even gank lv10 players with no issue. They literally farmed places where lv1 spawn. Later Blizzard “fixed” this bad UX with honor-punishment because they are too low.

I would love to see this honor-punishment should go up to lv59. Which means: if you are 60 and you kill a lv50 or 55 etc, you should get negative-honor. You are allowed to fight Lowies, but only if the Lowies start fighting you. Give them Lowies the first attack would be even fair.

When people tell you that THIS IS WORLD PVP… obviously it is not. Raiding OG as alliance it is. But farming Lowies (while they are questing) is just cowardly and shows that you are poor, instead of fighting people of your own “level”. Also farming Lowies is a waste of time since it gives you like 20 honor each, while fighting a “real” lv60 you will get like 200 honor for one kill .

But don’t get me wrong. I don’t care about getting ganked. I am just trying to understand OP and argue about UX (what changed).

Hey there

I logged in just to tell you that you should probably ignore the trolls and that i really feel you.

I play a PVP realm because it is “realistic” and i also want to feel like there is a war between Horde and Alliance. I play it because i love to dual even if that occasionally goes wrong and you have an epic fight.
I did not chose to go a PVP realm for this.

Making zones unplayable has nothing to do anymore with PVP or not, it’s swarming everywhere. You can not move, you can not kill a mob, you get corpsecamped for hours, sometimes i just log out because i rly cannot be bothered anymore.

For me it hit when i was 55, now i dinged 58 thx to dungeons, otherwise i probably would still be 55.

Altough i like the aspect pvp, i don’t think it should kill the content either.

Also i’m always intrested in a good fight, not a fight that starts with a 1v1 and out of nowhere like they are sitting in tree’s there are like 10 people jumping on you. Then what is the point… i hope they get satisfaction out of that.

2 Likes

I think blizzard was kinda fair. They gave 2 months to level up before p2, even I did it to 60 and got some gear and Im not some sweaty classic wow tryhard. But yeah I think p2 is killing or atleast will have a great impact on classic by killing off the “lvl60 player source” by dont let the low levels reach 60. I already feeling it on my server that a lot of people is just basically raid logs because the honor farming is abused way too hard. Honestly If the nochanges neckbeards wouldnt cry for everything blizz could just implement few things that would make wpvp enjoyable for everyone(like lvl60 elite mobs for ships/FPs etc…).

1 Like

I think that I have more brains than someone who rolled on a PvP server and then keeps complaining about it.

Wow, I’m so happy I rolled on a PVE realm. This wPVP gank-fest doesn’t even sound remotely fun…

I’m in a similar spot on Medpack wich is an alt.

The only suggestion i have, lvl some alts untill Dec10… when BG’s come around, i hope the world will again be a dangerous place but not a massive ongoing genocide that it is now.

Whenever I read comments like this, I need to think this must be written by a teenager or even kid.
I mean, it includes 0 respect to the OP (his concerns or issues).

Imagine you would take a train to your company/office daily. And since a time, the train always delays for like 1h. This is frustrating and you will get upset and complain about it. And now image there are some of your coworkers who laugh at your problem and tell you that you are stupid and you should better search for another job/company.
Makes no sense, right?
Just try to feel like the OP or try it by yourself! Just level between 50and60 on a pvp-realm which is dominated by the opposite fraction. Have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi folks, just out of interest, does anyone know how to transfer a character without having to wait for a full server queue?

I’m one of the players who hates world pvp, rolled a pvp server because a lot of guild mates from retail were rolling it but tbh I don’t know how anyone stands it. It’s boring and just makes a good game a little longer and a little more tiring.

If Blizzard had implemented #NoChanges in realm population we would not have had all this whining.

There should a button that says “Character migration” when you enter the queue I think. Come to dragonfang!

go pve server

People saying “wPVP is Classic” etc, you’re right – But only if you are reffering to Vanilla back then, that is all.

You didn’t roam around in raid groups scouting the map killing each player for 10 honor, it just didn’t happen or happened a couple of times. If you think this type of wPVP is what Classic was about then you’re mistaken. Raids back then were to cities, major hubs like Crossroads(omegalul) and the likes, not roaming bare minimum pvp-level requirement players in a raid group.

Classic is dying slightly because of it, not fast of course – But if you think this isn’t having an impact and people aren’t leaving because of it, then you’re deluded. PVP realm or not, this whole raid group killing 1-2 players every time you “seek them out” is pretty boring, this coming from a 60 mage on horde side in said groups.

Honestly, after looking at that and how it is currently you end up looking at the bigger picture of the game. You’re rushing for titles, and when you hit your peak or the title you want, you’re going to be hitting raids for gear, after that? There is nothing else left because of this “Rush to 60, Rush to Ranks” meta.

But don’t get it twisted, I’m not the one complaining that they are being killed – I’m the one killing 1v3 etc and finding it extremely boring when you can’t even do that anymore because you have a swarm of terribad scrubs in a raid group.

Few months from now people will be complaining there is no content, then you realise Vanilla content is limited – And you’ve rushed it completely for this race against yourself.

3 Likes

No, please don’t - that is unlaess Blizzard opens more PvE servers. We’re filled up already.

imagine if u just started a new toon on a another server, u could prly be lvl 5-40 by now.

But no keep on QQ playing or refuse to play, time goes by and u could started some place else.

And then again… There is only one Spanish Realm available and it is PvP.

Where is the choice everyone talks about?

Why groups of Horde 60s would gank and camp level 20s is beyond my understanding (Other than possibly they are kids that get bullied in school and want pay back).

So no choice. Can’t transfer to PvE. Can’t quit and waste time spent and gold earned. And I did not join an English PvE Realm simply because…

Oh well, C’est La Vie. Asi es la vida. Das ist das Leben. такова жизнь.

See you at 60 (Maybe). Tchau.

1 Like

If Blizzard doesnt implement BG`s asap. RIP classic.

PEOPLE are already quitting.

2 Likes

Bless you.

1 Like

“World pvp made Vanilla wow great!!”

“World pvp made classic sh*t!!”

Whats it gonna be lol

There is no contradiction. Both statements are true.

2 Likes