World PvP Killing Classic?

Hi there,

So as a lvl 52, I just attacked lvl 60s and had a ball getting plenty of HKs and a decent bit of honour.

Hope they keep BGs away for a long time as this is the vanilla experience that has been MISSING for the last 15 years.

Go back to your 120 Demon Hunter and playing dress up with random loot of random item level.

It may not want to be the answer you want to hear but none of the reasons you preemptively wrote down are false and that’s without any of the “bla bla’s”

In fact “Why did you choose pvp server?” is the end all, be all answer to your post. Every discussion angle beyond this point is entirely subjective and based entirely on your own individual personal decision.

There was nothing preventing you from choosing a pve server and on a pve server you can pvp enable yourself at anytime as well. The key difference, which seems significantly relevant in your case, is that you can switch it off as well.

I can sympathize with posters who bring up the Horde-Alliance server ratio being borked. It depends on the server for sure, googling what some of the ratios out there are, it would seem that a few are definitely FUBAR.

This guy got one quest done yesterday. He was sh*t on by everything from groups of 2-3 Alliance players to roving mini-pvp raids who lay siege to flight point camps and general quest areas.
By your 5th corpse run in less then 30 minutes, it gets tiresome but it is what it is. I rolled a pvp server because I wanted that extra ‘danger’ element and accept that this is the flip side of the pvp coin.
Take accountability of the decision you made and own it or accept that it was bad judgement and move on.
Complaining about it isn’t helpful or productive to anyone, most of all, yourself.

3 Likes

Come on, this is getting ridiculous…
Its been less that 24h and forum is sinking in tears already, lol. STOP asking for more changes. The unprepared ones ruined enough for us already with all the carebear whining and begging.
Not only your under-60 lvl butts are gettin destroyed, 60 lvl are having the same problems running into a zerg on the way to insts. Even full group of bis geared 60s wont survive vs lag and 80 allies/horde zerg.
Yes it wasnt that harsh in vanilla coz it wasnt full of rushing kids who’s new goal is world first rr14 in classic. It was also much less people on the servers and they werent all waiting for the honor farming stage to start since the day 5 they dinged 60. Stop blaming the game and asking to change it coz of nowadays ppl mentality. I’m dissapointed as well, because i didnt want the above-mentioned-mentality-retail-scrubs to ruin my vanilla memories. But it doesnt make me demand from blizz to move all of them to the separate realm, even though i’d love that outcome.
The main reason all these cry posts appear is that you obviously never played wow on the REAL pvp server (in vanilla or tbc aka before all the carebear “turn war flag off on the pvp server” nonsence started). Nowadays retail’s pvp realms got nothing to do with pvp, they are what the typical pve realms been all the way. If they tricked you into thinking you’ve been playing on the pvp server all that time- oh well…have to repeat the infamous but true “this is what the real pvp server full of ppl feels like”. Now you know.
You were warned a lot about phase2 first few weeks, you knew its gonna hurt. Be smart and roll an alt meanwhile or join your side’s zerg etc. No matter how many such posts appear- zergs wont dissapear in the next 2 weeks for sure. If you dont wanna adapt or deal with it- then its just really not your thing, simple.

P.S. i am being nice, see - not sending you back to retail! :smiley:

2 Likes

this. Absolutely +1 on both.

1st. I didnt indicate that he is crying about it.
2nd. We dont have same experience? i was ganked too when i was leveling, ive been outnumbered most of the time too, ho is that not same game experience?
3rd. Ive had the exact same gameplay of corpse running, everyone does.

Dont talk like you knew how it was on horde when you clearly dont, stop acting like the victim when youre not.

Yes faction imbalance is a real thing, but it doesnt mean that we dont get fuc*** too.

3 Likes

He roled a PvP server, because he wants to PvP. And nothing that is going on right now, is “PvP” by any definition. parties of lvl 60 hunting down lowbie because the lack the skills to participate in real PvP, is griefing not more, nothing less.

7 Likes

Ive always had a real simple answer to this.

The issue is lvl 60 that needs a quick epeen fix and gets a raid to hunt new characters. Thats sad.

Either hard code the game so you cant attack a player 9+ levels below you. This would result in the macho modes moaning that their easy epeen fix has been takrn away and theyll go have a sulk and say they quit rather than play real hero pvp.

Or alter dhk to apply to players not npc and see what happens then…

So what?
It’s still an issue for those who are lower levels.

You described a typical pvp server in any mmorpg, just bit overpopulated. Always been that way, always will be.
Why did you people expect pvp servers to be the honorable “arena in the wild”, where its always equal ammount of people, levels, archtypes and ppl start fighting on 1-2-3?

We really gonna need a special support program for the immigrants from pve realms :smile:

4 Likes

What are you talking about? We are not talking about the occasional gank or zerg. But levels 60 using addons to auto track lowbies and farm them. No one is asking for changes, just ballance. I have played on pvp servers since launch, always loved it, but the current situation is ridiculous. Getting gank within a few minutes of login in, or getting to your corpse is not PvP. Blizzard screwed up the server ballance they need to fix that. Sure people with your attitude will cry as ganking would now a two way street, and not facerole.

1 Like

Because the PvE servers are FULL We need more of them, is why I’m crying here. Retail is not an option. I HATE Scaling zones OP-ness etc.

It really blows my mind how people pick pvp servers then are baffled/annoyed when pvp happens, even if it’s unfair. Most of the time pvp is unfair, the only time you really get a fair fight is in a duel. People are not going to line up in the open world so you can fight them one on one.

The people that want to pick and choose when they can pvp on a pvp server want to have their cake and eat it too, you either choose a pve server(this is the reason they are offered) or deal with the fact that you are going to be ganked and camped, this was in vanilla aswell.

5 Likes

We’ve been outnumbered by allies and zerged all day long yesterday, lol. My 60 did countless crs too. So what? I still find fun in between.
So plz :smiley:

No, it is far from any typical PvP server. When i say impossible to lvl, it is not an exaggeration, every zone above 50 is patrolled with horde groups and raids on my server. But I guess you play a horde character in classic, so you would probably have a hard time understanding this. But role a alliance on a horde heavy server, and see for yourself.

1 Like

Really? What server is that? the last time i checked, the pvp server with most alliance has 53/47 ration, while 40/60 is the norm atm. Some servers are a lot worse.

Guys a lot of ppl are saying that you should not have joined PVP server because everyone knew about what will happen which is not exactly true. So what is wPVP: 1) we have some lvl 60 ppl who is willing to fight other 60 (raid major cities, hilsbard / tarren mill fights) which is fine and you can get similar experience in BGs even on PVE servers where teams are balanced in numbers, no complains about that 2) Other big chank of so called PVPers joining PVP servers because they love to gank and piss off low undergeared lvl players who can not fight back at fly points / boats / quests/ dungeon entrances etc. Funny enough this type of world pvp exists only because of those low lvl players who did not truly undersand what realy wPVP is. If everyone knew most of the players would be lvl 60 rogues by now desperately waiting at lvling zones for low lvl players who simply wont be there. PVP servers should be renamed to ( rush to lvl 60 in 1month and start ganknig those who did not make it in time). Blizzard should have made it very clear that PVP servers are not about occasional fights between same lvl alliance and horde in lvling zones which is kinda fun, but pure ganking by high lvl players. wPVP is nothing more than broken unbalanced unfair ganking experience in lvling zones and at the dungeon entrances. My suggestion to players who did not undertand what wPVP is, reroll to PVE servers where you can PVP in normal way with players who want to pvp as well. If you love to gank low lvls - PVP servers are the right place for you untill there are enough low players to gank.

4 Likes

I repeat- on ashbringer the zerging side is alliance not horde. we are the outnumbered side. And yes i know the pain of gettin ganked by 60 while lvling.
But thats my motivation for leveling. Adding each of them to my KOS list and hunting for revenge upon dinging 60. The best part imo :smiley:

You all dont get one simple thing- we are not saying that current zergfest vs lowbies is good or fair. And as i said above its way more harsh than it was in vanilla (where noone dinged 60 on the 6th day either btw, just saying…). But stop asking to change the game because of the players. You either adapt and love the server no matter what or you switch to pve. There is no 3rd option as QQ on the forums and wait for santa to give you pvp switch.

One thing that you don’t seem to grasp is that people roll on pvp server to kill other people. In turn this means other people can kill you.

That’s like going to a pool, asking why do you get wet once you get into the water and telling others to not mention the fact that this is how water works.

Sorry, but this is how pvp servers work. There is no way around the fact that if you don’t like it, then pvp servers are not for you.

3 Likes

Blizz should add it to the pvp server desription imo, will help a lot :smiley:

the problem, currently, is not the pvp per say, it’s the poor faction balance.

as far as i know, right now, horde outnumber alliance substantially on all pvp servers. this translate into a huge advantage in world pvp where there are no limits on the number of players, it doesn’t matter how good you are at pvp, when outnumbered 5 to 1, you’ll die, you may take 2 or 3 enemy players with you, but you still die.

and the situation will only get worse, since people facing these sort of odds will either:

1. roll on a pve server.
  2. switch faction.
  3. stop playing.

what i believe blizzard need to do is what other MMOs have done in the past, lock down the numerically dominant faction on a server (judged on the number of 55+ level players, so bank alts and goof characters won’t count) until at least a 55/45 range of balance is achieved.

3 Likes