Wotlkc - bug compendium

Hello,
I will list here every bug that i have encountered in Wotlk Classic so far. These are confirmed to not work properly so arguing whether or not I’m right is not necessary.

Hunter:

1. As BM hunter when you enter an instance (dungeon, Battleground, Raid, Arena) your talents don’t affect you pet, you have to dismiss it and summon again to reset and apply buffs from talents.
  2. On Dalaran arena pets sometimes just don’t leave starting room and won’t go down so you are unable to use them in arena. This also applies to WARLOCKS.
  3. Masters Call ability (4 sec or 10 sec BM) freedom is ignoring Line of Sight but when used pet will charge through Pillars on arena for example and do nothing (the buff is not applied). This is Due to LoS not working properly but later about that in “General” section.
  4. Pet “Charge” ability is a 1 sec root but it counts as a stun, it doesn’t stun though it just immobilizes for 1 sec and then create DR on other stuns, this ability also ignores Paladins Hand of Freedom.
  5. Pet pathing in general, sometimes they go down with you when you jump from an edge and sometimes they don’t. There are places where pets just stay up until you are so far away that they disappear. This also applies to WARLOCKS.
  6. When you dismount or call your pet after a dismiss your pet has 50% HP, and then every time you subsequently dismount (mainly from flying mount) your pet goes to 25% HP, 12,5% HP and so on until it reaches around 1% HP. This also applies to WARLOCKS.
  7. When you use “Call of the Wild” ability and mount up to flying mount before it ends (so basically when you make your pet disappear before ability ends) the cooldown of the ability is refreshed and you can use it again.
  8. “Heart of the Phoenix” pet talent that resurrects pet sometimes just cannot be used, no explanation here you just press it and it doesn’t go off.
  9. Traps do not trigger properly - Traps are currently checking for a valid target to activate on every other second, instead of constantly, this results in traps taking way too long to trigger, sometimes not triggering at all, and feeling like their range is smaller than it really is. This also applies in PVE when you try to put a trap under a boss, the boss hitbox is huge but you have to put traps with 1 yard accuracy.
  10. Readiness Marksmanship talent doesn’t refresh the CD of every ability (I’m not talking about Bestial Wrath) it doesn’t refresh CD of “Call Stabled Pet” for example.
  11. Bestial Wrath makes you gain “The Beast Within” buff on a hunter but when a pet dies “The beast Within” stays on a hunter instead of disappearing.
  12. When you wait for Raptor Strike to hit (it is next melee) and Arms Warrior hits you with Overpower you are getting Unrelenting Assault Debuff on yourself. It means that game counts waiting for a Raptor Strike as casting so… Then Demonology warlock will wait for Shadow Cleave to hit this will happen also, warriors waiting for Heroic Strike or DKs waiting for Rune Strike also can get Unrelenting Assault… It is 50% less healing and damage debuff that you can get without even actually casting anything… Of course this applies to any class that has “next melee waiting ability”.
  13. When you resummon pet before a BG (before gates open) it is summoned with 50% hp and doesn’t heal up to full. It does on arena though but only if you summon 5 sec before the arena gates open.
  14. Silence shot has travel time which should not be the case after 3.3.5. It had travel time in previous patches but definitely not in season 8 after 3.3.5
  15. Hunter pets die from seal of vengeance in one shot… This is weird one but paladin with seal of vengeance did 12k damage to my pet in 1 sec.
  16. Pet intervene is doing nothing when you or the pet is out of combat. Tested it in many circumstances so when you get blind and you leave combat, then you pull pet back and intervene yourself you won’t redirect sap…
  17. When you send pet into combat and feign death you as a hunter are in combat before pet even touches anything.
  18. Right after a talent spec change skill “call stabled pet” just doesn’t work and readiness does not reset it’s CD. When it bugs you have to go to normal stable master NPC becasue it won’t work again after 5 min CD.
  19. Roar of Sacrifice (crit immunity) doesn’t make you immune to DoT crits like corruption or feral bleeds.
  20. Kill Command buff is consumed by damage over time pet abilities while not buffing the effect. For example cats rake ability.
  21. Pets in general are not affected by players resilience, pets die from 1 hit from anyone.

Warrior:

1. Titans Grip is letting you use polearms which is a bug.
  2. Talent Warbringer was not breaking slows and roots when you used Intervene - FIXED
  3. Spell reflection doesn’t properly reflect every spell for example you cannot reflect Druid roots from “Nature Grasp” skill, you should be able to reflect the root when you hit the druid but it doesn’t work.

DK:

1. DKs can resummon ghoul instantly (there should be 30 sec CD) after using Dark Pact, Corpse Explosion or when pet just dies.
  2. Anti-Magic Shell is broken when the DK is affected by a Concentration Aura from a Paladin in party/raid. Concentration Aura is currently reducing the duration of Anti-Magic Shell by 30%.
  3. Dks ressurect on BG with full runic power.
  4. Gargoyle is clearly doing too much damage due to cast speed.

Mage:

1. As fire spec while having Firestarter and Clearcasting active, free Flamestrike will consume both effects. This is a bug it should consume only Firestarter and leave Clearcasting on. To prove this in Arcane build while having Clearcasting and Missle Barrage active Arcane Missles will only consume Missle barrage and leave Clearcasting.

Rogue:

1. Dismantle - it is not properly disarming off hand weapon or shield making it possible for warriors to use Shield Wall during dismantle which shouldn’t be the case.

General:

1. Line of Sight is not working properly. It really feels like LoS is bugged in every aspect of the game, on Arena you can hit through pillars with auto attack (white hits), on BGs infrastructure is not a LoS and you can shoot through almost everything, in PVE during Sapphiron fight when you hide behind ice block you can still shoot and melee hit the boss resulting in death from boss attack because LOS IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY. This is also linked to hunter bug no. 3 “Masters Call”.
  2. Master Loot sometimes just randomly changes to Group Loot in raid when you defeat a boss.
  3. Resilience feels very weak… Like it is not applied to every reduction of damage it should have, there are some classes like feral druids that hit through resil with bleeds like it’s not working… This needs further investigation. Even top PVPers say this about resil
    https://youtu.be/pe4uyHugLU8?t=178
  4. Area effect are still on you for couple of seconds even if you exit the area… For example there is frost trap or Desecration (Unholy DK slow) on a ground, when you leave the area with disengange or just by foot, for at least 2 sec the slow is still on you… This has to have some link to Hunter bug no. 9 “Traps do not trigger properly” and apparently area effects do not trigger properly.
  5. You cannot minimize the map.
  6. You cannot see Item LVL by default.
  7. You cannot see vendor price on quest reward before you get the item in your bag.
  8. AH has no WOTLK features like putting stack automatically.
  9. There are some mining veins in Wintergrasp and Icecrown that will disappear when you approach them or that will say “you cannot loot that corpse” then you are mining them.
  10. Abilities that reduce chance for hit (NE 2%, Ret 4% ranged) really feels too strong, sometimes i miss 3-4 shots in a row, to this type of players…
  11. On Strand of the Ancients you just sometimes randomly cannot shoot from demolisher.

Most of the bugs i have found by playing a hunter as my main, but please in a response to this topic list your findings. We have to send this to some youtubers/streamers and SPREAD THE WORD. Wotlk classic state is a insult to the gamers!

66 Likes

Also dk dots and spriests in a minor way since they don’t have enough crits yet to make it worthwhile.

Shadowmeld is also broken, I made a forum post about it already.

Gargoyle is broken and shoots WAY too fast.

Movement calculation make aoe player based abilities like Pyschic Scream miss targets standing just near you because server hasn’t updated both player positions yet.

For hunters, the boss hitbox for melee, which is huge, is not the same hitbox as the one triggering traps, which it should. For traps to trigger, you have to be on the exact center of the boss model, else they won’t trigger even though they are in melee range. On fights like Sapphiron, it makes using traps on bosses straight up impossible since the model is so huge you’d lose way too much dps doing so.

Dk’s gargoyle pathfinding is broken, since they fly they just fly straight down the bridge on maps like Blade’s Edge instead of going around as they should.

The crab Pin’s ability sometimes randomly breaks on apply if the enemy player is moving fast (like on mount for exemple) and server has micro delays

Some interface options like combat text keep resetting everytime you login.

Speaking of combat text, it’s broken and does not show everything it should. When using aspect of the viper for exemple, it will show you mana gained from using shots, but not the mana tick you gain every 4s. passively, even though it should. It also doesn’t show judgement of mana ticks.

Also, the most important bug I’ve noticed so far is that the results of an attack (crit / hit / miss / parry etc.) are not calculated once every hit as they should, but rather for the next 0.5 second or something.
What I mean by that is that I’ve had instances where my arena mate would use divine storm in PvE and hit 4 mobs, and all 4 mobs would parry him. Other times he’d use judgement, rocket gloves, white hit and seal proc all at once and everything would crit despite him having a low crit rating. These are repeated occurences.
I’ve also had 4 misses in a row in PvP in a 1 second time frame, despite being 0.20% hit rating away from hit cap.

I’m assuming this is code optimisation for performance meant to have the server calculate the outcome of an attack every 0.5s second instead of every single time, but this is GAMEBREAKING for a number of reasons. I intend to make a separate post about it soon.

19 Likes

because it was nerfed in s8 and this nerf is still applied even though we are playing s5 but they won’t go for reverting it

resilience below 1.2k (a default number of a s8 geared person with a few pve pieces mixed in) feels like the change of number doesnt change anything in the damage u take

Also for hunter:
Concussive shot is a physical slow yet AMS makes DK immune to it and Hand of Protection doesn’t. So it is wrongly attached to arcane school instead of being a physical ability.

1 Like

Concussive Shot is arcane not phisical so it actualy works correct

The debuff is physical or we’d be cleansing it. HoP should deffo make you immune to it.

1 Like

I ve recently found out that Camouflage talent does not work the first time you leave stealth after login. I wonder what else is broken like this.

Yeah i think it should be considered physical and go through AMS and HoP should make someone immune to it. You cannot cleanse it for sure so there is something wrong.

Minor bug I’ve noticed is that when purchasing ammo, the maximum quantity to be purchased at once can go over 200 up to 1000, just as it is stored in the inventory.
The number however cannot exceed the 255 units of the item purchased at once.
If I purchase 400/600/800/1000 at once, I still receive only 255.

Also while I’ve been in Northrend on my main, I noticed that one of the elevators in Howling Fjord - Baelgun’s Excavation Site have incorrect timing for the security fence that should prevent players from falling down to their death when the elevator is on the lower platform.
The timing of the fence goes more misaligned over time so you have situation where the fence rise the moment when the elevator is on the lower platform and is closed when the elevator reach the top platform preventing players from going through.

Minor issue as you can stand on the small edge of that platform cling to the fence till it rise, I would expect better from Blizzard though. This is Classic not some crappy private server.

Bosses in Molten Core dropping no gold

No aggro indicator on default enemy nameplate

Paladin:

Seal of Vengeance can one shot pets in PVP.

There is nothing wrong , Schoot it self is arcane even if effect is phisicall , it have to hit target to apply its effect, it wont hit if target is immune to magic and effect wont work if target is immune to phisicall

AMS prevent Schoot from hitting
BOP prevent effect from applying

But it goes through HoP! So it’s bugged one way or another

then i might be mistaken about effect beeing phisical, but shoot is 100% arcane you can cheak it on wowhead

About warlock and mages - when you apply Corruption on a mage with mage armor active (the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%) then the Corruption lasts 9s as it should.

But when you cast Drain Life or Haunt which refresh corruption on your target then the corruption refreshes to 18s instead of 9s! So it’s not working as intended and makes mage armor pretty useless for corruption.

8 Likes

But you cannot cleanse it and the effect itself is physical not magical… Something is wrong here, but i really think it is wrong on both ends. It should go through HoP and be a magic effect that is dispellable or It should not go through HoP and then go through AMS. Now we have it wrong on both sides…

or you can consider option number 3 that effect is simple undispellable , not all magic dots or effect can be dispell

I wonder if this work the same with shadow word pain and mind flay for shadow priest.

2 Likes

Literally every magic debuff (dot or effect) can be dispelled.