Would you play Classic again?

Yeah, they should have kept elites in Azeroth.

But to be fair to TBC, atm 62 lvl and there were few elites quests that needed grouping to be done. So that type of content is still present but only from 60-70lvl

3 Likes

Yes, I’m siding with the removal here.
I have been repeatedly blocked from completing storylines or exploring areas in classic just because there haven’t been players around, or, god forbid, I rolled a class that others rolled. (I didn’t make it past 45 as tank or healer.)

I think they suspected a lack of players in old content and wanted to make them easier. But, there is a more precise view in the patch notes, I recall reading they were removed gradually, we just got all convenience patches together from the get go. So they may have observed issues actually.

I remember leveling this paladin on Terenas in 2009, with 2-3 players online per level. Or was it the LFG… anyway. I did dungeons because a nice hunter was showing me around, then the 70 stuff because a holy priest was showing me around. Still remember the names.

It’s also possible that they were already working on the achievement system and wanted to make sure that there are only so many roadblocks towards Loremaster.

2 Likes

No.

1. Leveling is too slow.
  2. No blood elves.
3 Likes

I would do vanilla classic fresh again in a heartbeat. Azeroth is my home and vanilla will always be my favorite version. I don’t play classic era, since I think it’s pointless atm. Maybe I’ll do in the future if there is no fresh. If there will be a fresh, I hope the batching change and the chronoboon will be in. I wouldn’t mind some tweaking to armor values and hp as well on raids and dungeons.

8 Likes

I think once BT is released and only Sunwell remaining then most people would have their heads turned by fresh servers in Classic especially for the first few phases until around AQ40 then numbers start to drop as they will in TBC after BT drops.

Hexx would consider it, yes. Probably at some point, I would. It was a good run.

2 Likes

Same here. I originally started in tbc and i was dead happy when they announced the openening of the dark portal. Then the day came, and i just found myself struggling to play hellfire peninsula. Everywhere was dead crowded, everyone was rushing like their life depended on it. I levelled lower level characters and found the quests brutally dumbed down. Made it through STV without forming a single group or talking to anyone. I got back to classic era, and im loving it.

14 Likes

I would give it a whirl.

I chose classic-era for all of my toons and some of the people I played with talked me into TBC, as they currently struggle with enough ppl for 25 men raids after many ppl formed their own guild, for the last couple of weeks. What I noticed, as a latecommer to the party, is that everyone is only focusing on themselves. Doing dungeon X just for the purpose of attunement and then grinding gear.

Especially dungeons at level 65 are hardly run unless you have a tank and/or heal. As a DD I’ve spent 3 days à 6 hours to find a group, even formed a group where people joined and left left and right as it just took to damn long to find 4 other people. Especially tanks currently can’t wait for 2 minutes and have to rush as they are missing something. The spamming in the LFG channel is also not that helpful as probably many houndred players are looking for players/groups simultaneously. To stand out everyone fills their requests with icons and what not which doesn’t help at all.

Also, most of the group-quests I had to solo as warlock as people just don’t care and grind their way up in dungeons to 70 and doing the quests afterwards to earn more gold in regards to the epic flight nonsense. I see plenty of 70s doing the same group-quests as I do but don’t get invited or they reject my invitation-attempts, probably as they think I’m more of a burden. Quite anti-social therefore my experience on TBC …

Based on the community I choose classic-era realms any time over those currently quite toxic and selfish TBC flock

7 Likes

Not sure about the exact timeline of TBC this time but 15 years ago there was a year of Mount Hyal / Black Tempel farming before Sunwell released. Most of the people already quit TBC back then as there was nothing to do for them. Once Sunwell released most raids had difficulties in Sunwell due to the gear-requirements (full MH/BT gear was essential here) and so guilds broke appart and reformed during this period. Also the focus on class-stacking (yeay at 4+ shamans at Muru), which finally lead to “Bring the players, not the class” ™, wasn’t ideal for a lot of players. And yes, I cleared Sunwell pre-WOTLK-prepatch-and-thus-nerf and also saw the legendary bow drop.

I bet most of the players won’t clear Sunwell this time either. Sure, the progess-oriented raids will but the more casual raids will struggle. They might even get blocked access to MH/BT by Kael’thas for a couple of month. They will have to wait for Zul Aman to get released and that’s basically it for the expansion for those players.

Also, 9.1 or any further retail patches might attract players from TBC to retails and thus thin-out the population “naturally” over time. And when finally WOTLK get released people will claim how much superior WOTLK is compared to TBC as they flock now did with TBC comparing against classic.

No, i played it in real classic and fake classic, never again, Tell me and give me something new to play, and no i wont play TBC or current retail atm. im currently playing some world of tanks lool. beats any wow atm xD

Getting to 60 takes long enough without ones characters getting reset.

I despise anything that basically invalidates the time I spent on my characters.

I do not need fresh to enjoy leveling alts in classic/TBC

4 Likes

Firstly:

I bet most of the players won’t clear Sunwell this time either. Sure, the progess-oriented raids will but the more casual raids will struggle.

I don’t believe this will be the case at all, the same was said for Naxx and you had people PuGing that and doing GDKP runs a month after release. I would say that a much higher % of the player base will clear Sunwell in comparison to original TBC.

Not sure about the exact timeline of TBC this time but 15 years ago there was a year of Mount Hyal / Black Tempel farming before Sunwell released.

I feel for the majority in original TBC and speaking of my own experiences that while they was out for that long not everyone was farming them all weekly many guilds were progressing back then and for myself at least my guild managed to clear TK and SSC after some time and nerfs and then cleared MH and started BT but we didn’t fully clear it, ended up getting to council before WoTLK hit.

This time around everyone is going to be clearing SSC/TK weekly the day they are released for months and then MH and BT while waiting for Sunwell. I just don’t see Sunwell being a challenge, people on private servers actually tuned up the health of bosses to make it more challenging and even then it was a cake walk.

That’s a really sad read - sounds like your realm is truly full of tryhards.
Not sure it correlates, but is it a PvP realm?
Sure, about half the people are focusing on 70 in my guild as well, but there are many just enjoying themselves.

I’d say BC and Classic are almost perfect each in their own way, their imperfections the side effect of their upsides. To me BC actually makes the old world a lot better place, besides opening up new zones and a better structured endgame. WLK is likely on par with BC the same way but it takes yet another step so I understand why many wouldn’t like it.

Nope, Razorfen or Klingenhauer as it is now called, is a PvE server with a bunch of try-hard guilds that think it’s their server actually. Sure, they achieved plenty of things and managed the world buffs in the past, though they also were subject to almost all drama that happend on the server.

But nowadays there are so many “new” guilds and former guilds breaking apart into smaller ones that I completly lost track on the current situation. All I see is the guild I’m in that currently just is able to form 2 Karazan raids, hence they contacted me to rejoin them to help them out in future, and the LFG spam and people joining and leaving groups that it is no fun anymore

Maybe on try-hard PvP servers where most people already have experience in some form, but devinitely not on PvE servers. And by casual I definitely did not meant wannaby-tryhards that think killing a boss first is a world-first and such BS.

As you’ve mentioned, all the tactics are known. All the path is clear. I’m sure Progress or any other ambitious guild will use private servers to “train” upfront, as they did in classic, so they are able to one-shot all of the encounters on the first day. This is definitely NOT casual. Also, those Naxx-PUGs in the past consisted mainly of non-casual players - you can say what you want. Casual players at best cleared Naxx towards the end of classic, if so at all.

100% yes and i will even if that means pserver. I’ll look to do it once TBC is over. Wotlk can suck it.

2 Likes

Absolutely not.

The certainty that TBC would come at some point if classic was a success, was the only reason why I played it.

2 Likes

I am happy that you finally got the expansion you were waiting for

1 Like

So when they release the the next classic expansion, will you be moving on again? I just don’t get why people don’t just play retail if they wanna play expansions. When classic was released, I thought the idea was because they wanted vanilla without expansions and no progress.

13 Likes