WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 19

TBH I don’t know. Due to inferior eyesigth I’m not doing much dungeon/raids. But I sometimes in /who see groups in some of them, so I suppose either Guild or pug runs happen.

What you say is falsehood of a despicable level.

HW is averaging 15-30 players with a constant 50% of those as multiboxers and brand new characters that seem to be of a unverified tourist kind.

There is effectively 1 active level 60. People are quitting in droves due to dead server. The HARDCORE FANBOYS of us are FORCED to quit or grind Timbermaw rep like activites.

EVERYTHING speaks for that HW needs to be merged ASAP.

Most server should merge regardless of server stats, to a PVE server. PVP’ers can enable PVP. Roleplayers can RP and PVE can actually thrive.

The game can actually thrive instead of being the dead horse it is now.

Do you hear that blixx. Your game CAN thrive. And ALL you need to do is merge servers.

I even log onto these forums for first time in probably 10 years and I am likey to do so again since some greedy bleps are keeping the game in a coma.

1 Like

Right now - 15.04 server time - there’s 19 online ally-side (of which 2 level 60). This is not exactly prime-time. And you’re rigth many are new, but I see, and have seen the same names again and again, they are not quitting, and if they do it is at least partly because you and your ilk cryes “dead server!” given half a chance.
Btw. the biggest guild on HW is Mortal. A HC guild - in as far as you reroll upon death - this must needs give many new players in the list :wink:
I do not feel like I’m flogging a dead horse playing on HW :slight_smile:

The biggest guild on HW is “Choose Life”

A slap in the face to whoever log on to find everything dead, including all old guilds. Who thought of that guild name >.>

Have not seen a single Mortal player online after the purge. Do the guild even exist in a remade form?

I respect your choice of gameplay, but I expect you to understand the need for a healthy community. That include healthy numbers to uphold multiplayer activities in this mmo.

Everything is dead. Be it raiding, dungeons, BG or trade. Key components to a thriving mmo.

2 Likes

There was a few “Mortals” online when I looked at 4 (me included :wink: ).
How many members in Choose Life? I only ever saw one or two., but noticed the name with a smile.
Yes, I see the need for a healthy community, but my and your perception of the size of this are different. The solution would be to leave HW alone and offer free character migration to whomever does not like a small, close-knit server. Because for me it’s Guilds, company and social interactions that are the necessary componenents for a nice MMOPRG.

2 Likes

If you want a dead server it is you who should be offered an environment like that. Do not project your dead server desire upon a previously well established server with a very healthy community that you as solo players barely interacted with.

And anyway there are practically no guilds worthy of mention in a social aspect, there is no company besides niche activities. Discord servers are dead or morphed into TBC. You only need 1 person for a social interaction, not very high standards huh?

Is there something stopping you from playing the game how you like on a more populated server? You won’t get everything perfect ever. Even now with dead server you end up in some quest area with instant mob spawn ruining your immersion.

Your choice of playstyle is solo, but your preference is company and social interactions. Do you understand how strange and niche this combination is?

Sorry, I don’t understand this, We’re normally quite a few Mortals online. If we’re not very talkative, it’s because we concentrate on not dying :wink: But we are a gregarious bundle when you get to know us. I’m not on Discord (actively, and not while playing in any case). In-game Guild or Party chat is where it happens.

I know, understand and am fine with that I belong to a minority. But I’m by far no solo-player, not all my alts are in Mortals :wink: I just got to find a new “home” after my old guild went to TBCC (with my main who I have not been playing except for logging in and letting the Guild know I’m not dead yet).
What I do not understand is that you won’t let me (and the few players sharing my playstyle) have a server to do this on. If HW is dead to you and yours, why not let me and mine play there?
Because the alternative is NOT me joining your “mega”-server. The alternative is me not playing. My eyes are lousy, so even with the fairly moderate number of players in Ammen Vale yesterday, I had to give up levelling a Draenei Pally - my all time favourite - when I hit the Q where you have to hand in Vials of moth blood. I was maybe able to target one in 20 spawns, and actually get a hit on less than half of those.

And yes, the crazy spawn rates from players just passing by have killed me more than once. Quite immersion-breaking I must say.

1 Like

The thing is, that there are people who enjoy both - roleplay and gameplay. I feel I would have to decide between these, while having all of the realms merged seems to cover all needs most widely.

I know your suggestions seem wise, but you have to face it that not all share your view.
PvErs mostly dont want to be on pvp servers.
People on pvp servers would miss their danger in the world.
RP people mostly dont like non-rp people who view them as wierdoes.
French and Germans dont want to mix with eachother language wise and same with English speaking.
There is too much factors at stake and Blizzard knows that.
I really dont get why you blame Blizzard since it is players who chose to leave vanilla and go tbcc. They did press “go to tbcc” button, not Blizzard.

3 Likes

I enjoy both, but if all servers merge, for me it’s a choice between Roleplay only or no play. And as I actually love game play most I’d be quite sad to be pressed out.

1 Like

Free transfer between all servers/languages seems to be the only real solution.

1 Like

If all servers were merged to a PVE server:

PVE’ers would not complain.
PVP’ers can all enable the PVP tag and forget that such a toggle exist, there can also be a hardcoded choice for players to be perma PVP enabled if actiblizz had any brains of making functioning game systems.
RP’ers would still have all their options open, and much more. Large majority of population on RP servers are just like an average PVE player anyway. Which is also shown in the population of RP servers where people have very wide definitions of what RP is.
Would French and German servers prefer a ghost town of a server? I think not.

Yes there are many factors and it is impossible to please everyone. It’s called making the best out of what there is, to the contrary of the crapshow situation that classic is now in.

It is blizzard who charged 15 euro for character clone, making everyone blindly follow the hype and morph into TBC. This is ALL on blizzard, not the players.

They also killed all the guilds just to really nail the coffin. As if transforming classic into TBC wasn’t enough already.

1 Like

There are two possible solutions:
Getting the players to re-enter en masse, which is the best course of action but requires the most work. Blizzard would need to develop new content, according to the old paradigm of the game, creating a pararell Warcraft universe with a different flavor to attract a different audience.
Otherwise rising new fresh servers, or seasonal servers could breathe new life to classic vanilla.

The other solution, the fastest, and simply to get out of the way, is to unify all the kingdoms of each category. There are simply to many servers for far too less users.

Since you play on pve server and English speaker, of course this is best solution for you. What if most players interested in classic era come from German speaking area?
All I am saying, you assume too much.

If 15 euro is the reason “people blindly followed the hype”, then these people arent even interested enough to stay in classic era, it just excuse to blame Blizzard and not players.
New games these days cost what, 50-70 euro, people buy it without trying and they dont know are they even good. And you are saying people who so much loved classic would leave characters they invested in so much time and love over 15 euro?? Cmon, who can buy such consipiracy theory

All we can do is thank Blizzard we can still play Classic vanilla AND tbcc AND retail for the price of one subscription. Plus, they even lowered clone price. Plus, all the hassle they had to go with character snapshots and problems that go with it, just to keep promise and create classic era very few are interested in.

1 Like

Not writing you an essay to make you understand something you clearly don’t want to understand.

Blizzvision executed the release of TBC in such a poor manner that it truly sealed the fate of classic.

Or you can live in a bubble and imagine all the posts complaining about dead servers couldn’t have been avoided. What you are actually defending is unknown. Probably just a classic hater. So I have to question what are you even on these forums for. Other than to appear completely out of touch.

For sure I am not classic hater, actually I am here to see how things are going and are people talking about come back.
I did play classic almost every day, have 7 lvl 60 characters, all leveled thru quests and dungeons, raided for a year and not a single mage boost used.

Yes, I completely understand your stance, I would also like to play classic sometimes. You lost a game you like and playing the blame game is easiest defense.
I am not defending anyone, in my posts I am trying to give people another perspective about the problem. Some people tend to be too much of a fans and they dont even want to try to look at the problem from other side.

I did mention what Blizzard did to make classic era possible and players still gone to tbcc. To me, Blizzard kept their promise and made classic era possible, players decided differently. Noone is to blame, it just happened, people want new stuff.

You are trying to turn the problem completely around by blaming the players over the tools that the players have to work with.

A good plan and good tools is half the work done. Blizz provided neither. The result is everywhere.

We are actually paying a sub. We get dead servers and hundreds of euros fees in return.

I am happy to hear about your game and we seem to have a similar love for the game. Do you find it “balanced” that you would have to pay 175 euro to continue playing your chars like they used to just a couple months ago?

Thing is im blaming noone, I see it as natural development of thing.
Do I blame my son in law for taking my daughter away from me to another country? No, I dont, that is natural thing in life
Do I miss her? Sure. Most important is she is happy.

1 Like

She’s not happy.

Also it’s not natural to leave people behind on sinking ships.

If I really like the game so much, I would pay any amount. Trouble is I dont have time for both versions, tbc is “new” and I explored every corner of Azeroth. Decision was easy.
That does not mean I left classic completely, my classic main chose to stay in Azeroth.