WoW Classic Free Character Moves - Realms [EU]

Still not sure how they are screwing realms?

Feel free to check my post history as i canā€™t be bothered to bring it all back up.

2 Likes

Not exactly applicable for Mograine and Razorgoreā€¦

ā€œStop being so negative and critical of people and think before you reply to back.ā€

ā€œWith a name like your i really shouldnā€™t justify you with a responseā€

Iā€™m not going to justify the immense contradiction with a legitimate response.

Letā€™s just pretend you never attempted to write a decent reply shall we? :rofl:

Still not seeing the punishmentā€¦ Think about all the regular people just trying to play the game, most of the people Iā€™ve spoken to who are transferring are leaving because their hours of play are limited as it is with regular duties required to have a lifeā€¦ And limited further still, by the insane queue. Those guys are in no way seeking to downplay an existing community but rather to join it?

I mean I tried to kill hogger last night on my warrior, the zone was legitimately empty. The main rush of people have passed through the bottlenecks at the beginning of the game. I think the people who are ā€˜behindā€™ (being used figuratively) are the ones you kind of want to join your server?

Some were already attached to their characters & identities, and itā€™s probably hard to coordinate with a bunch of people to agree to re-roll when some are far more invested than others.

I think overall this is an amicable solution to a population overflow problem.

The economic overflow will be temporary, as it always is with the launch of any new xpac.

Try not stress about it budā€¦ Ask yourself ā€˜will you still get to log in and play with your mates?ā€™

The answer is yes, yes you willā€¦

1 Like

Well honestly the way itā€™s done isnā€™t necessary information until itā€™s available xD

I apreciate the innitiative, but I would really like to have a say when it comes to the destination for the transfer. Let me chose a server that is medium pop in the time frame i normally play, and let players who already put a lot of time and effort into their characters, be able to join their friends on a different server without having to start over. Many people were already seperated when the name resevation servers got full and people could change. This is the option for those players to get back on the same server aswell.
Really hope you will consider this.

So the entire reason they gave for layering was to avoid server transfers, and now theyā€™re offering server transfers due to layering. Just lolā€¦

I was looking forward to playing my new character on Judgement tonight, now not so muchā€¦ :confused:

[quote=ā€œPanfire-azjolnerub, post:399, topic:81745, full:trueā€]
I was looking forward to playing my new character on Judgement tonight, now not so muchā€¦
[/quote] I just quite like some more peps, But its ok. Maybe A New server later around xmes. And all Explote and bug is gone.

Could it be made so, that only players below the ā€œserver average levelā€ could move to your server? Example: lets say the average level of the entire server is 30, then only playes belov this average can move to the server. This way, the charaters coming in will be below the highest level character on the realm, so realm first wont be contested. Might even make it faction wise.
I donā€™t know if this is possible but itā€™s an idea :slight_smile:

At work and just remembered I have mail on my main. Goddammit.

A step in the right direction for sure. Iā€™m just here to tell a story, that hopefully will give Blizzard some insight into the complications of their decisions regarding this launch. All in all Iā€™m just happy to have Classic back, and I want to congratulate Blizzard on the succes of Classic WoW!

Before launch we decided on a server. Then we switched. This requires a lot of effort for us. Let me give you a picture of the intertwined communites of the net. I have a group of childhood friends. One of these played in a horde guild as a child. They play horde on our server. We play alliance. Another friend of mine found another similar group of nerds in highschool. We have all played together in various games. We have communicated with these two guilds and more in order to all play together. My brother and his friends are all busy people who could not play on launch. They play on one server. A third friend of mine introduced us to another group, who now player on a second server.
Now we can transfer to a third server. But there is no way that we can manage making people move for a third time. Even if we could people are already split up.

I hope this clarifies why some are unsatisfied with this bandaid.

There is all Czech community on Golemag (4top streamers and their guild only this is few thousand players) and since we want to play together and speak Czech together and there isnt that big CZ community elsewhere = we are staying here. ā€¦ English speaking players do not like us much (they cant do those friendly small talks with us since we arent good at english) so ā€¦ we hope that some of native english speaking players can find better home somewhere else :slight_smile:

Doubt they are too concerned about the effects, itā€™s just a convenient fix for the queues. If anything, having players already there on a realm will make it an even more enticing target for people, who otherwise may be concerned they will end up on a dead realm.

It may be Classic, but the devs still view the game through the same lens as retail, where the only thing ā€œfunā€ a player can do is raid. Everything else, leveling, forming communities, realm economy, world PvP are just nuisances getting in the way of this ā€œfunā€.

It explains why theyā€™ve been so lenient and unconcerned about things like layering/raid exp exploits directly affecting these aspects of the game, or why they think player transfers this early are a good idea. They probably imagine players on Bloodfang are thrilled about it - ā€œUuuu, we get to do MC faster, isnā€™t that awesome!!ā€

2 Likes

This is great for all the people who just want to level with no queue and donā€™t have any ties to the server. I expect this will help the rest of us quite a lot.

Thanks for adding a new German realm. Transcendence accumulated a decently sized community already, and I feared that it would be overwhelmed with all the transfers.

Wtf. These are english servers.
Czechs can go on russian servers if you cannot speak english.
Speaking anything other than english in common chat on an english servers should be reportable and punished imo.

4 Likes

Yeah? Tell that to spaniards too or other big communities.

so we only have 1 day to change ? What about the people that canā€™t come online cause they are working ? Do they miss the window to server hop ?