WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]

When you have the advantage and wanna gank you mean…

3 Likes

seriously, dont name the english pve servers "Mirage Raceway and “Pyrewood Village”, name them instead “gehennas” and “razorfen” or something like that, some singlename

2 Likes

Gibraltar spanish!
Golemagg*

Everyone, can we write to Blizzard on twitter or facebook? What about opening a ticket and explaining this? Is there anything else we can do beside spamming this one thread, that they maybe or hopefully read and take into consideration?

2 Likes

We do need more PVP Servers, just because EU server have language specific servers does not mean we should be so so limited in options.

1 Like

Atleast you got servers for your region lol

2 Likes

Why would you care what they are called.

1 Like

dammm 48k views only 80 likes xD

1 Like

2 servers? And what with the names. 2 lame bosses in MC… Wow

I did not want to join the comments on day 1. But now, all I can say:

At least a new world record: Most WOW negative feedback in a few hours/days!

I just checked several “popular” EU players homepages/YouTube channels. Many of them are considering the US servers now:

• US Chicago servers should have only very little lag effect to Europe

• US Chicago provides East Coast and West Coast time PVP servers. So you can chose.

• Queue in the first few days/weeks should be much smaller. (–> EU PVP will be terrible!)

• If there will be queues on Chicago servers, Blizzard is much more likely to care about it because the criticism will be public in popular streams/online videos and more visible to customers/executives/shareholders.

@Blizzard:
I cannot imagine you are serious with this. Even in the very little 1% chance that layering works perfectly suddenly, the EU PVP servers will be totall over-populated! What about world bosses? What about a “kind of” nice community?

This will literally be as personal as LFR Raids in Retail!

7 Likes

I have to add.

@ Blizzard:
Do you know those “You had one job” meme images?

I can already see it… You had one job: Deploy a 15 year old game again. It could not have been easier!

But no, you want to optimize server costs, thus we get “amazing” new hardware… All that users see from this is (1) the next level of your experimentation with layering that nobody really liked during the last years in Retail, and (2) destruction of what makes up a “server community” (and thus the social factor for many players).

You absolutely screwed this up !!! That will become a practical example case in university textbooks where the company focused on cost optimization and ignored clear, obvious customer feedback…

7 Likes

I totally agree with everything said. Can you point me in the direction of a way to check/compare my ping to US and EU servers ?

Dear Blizzard, I can’t stress enough that we need more English speaking realms for Europe and definitely PVP realms… At the moment we have 2 and they will be so overpopulated… You can’t break down Classic more than with layering (maybe in the start it could be alright indeed…). But we need the extra servers asap and preferrably before the name reservation as many guilds and communities are already forming now… New servers made later will turn into the new servers dying out pretty quickly and the old ones staying overpopulated… Come on Blizzard!

3 Likes

We have over 4000+ scandinavian players who want to play on pvp realms.

So do we get to reserve char TUESDAY NIGHT or monday night? This Eeffking 00:01 tuesday is wednesday
Smfh blizz

Tuesday. Tuesday 00:01 means exactly that. Monday 23:59+2 minutes.

4 Likes

Mondays 23:59 > tuesday 00:00 buddy

Hey, not exactly. But I hope this helps:

• During WoW I played on a US server because I was travelling a lot between Europe and USA anyway. I never had problems with the ping. I do not know if the server at that time was in their Chicago data center or Los Angeles data center.

• Sometimes on Twitch you can watch US streamers playing on EU servers to promote their channels (e.g., Bajheera). I never saw ping problems there.

• But: I think the biggest downside of US server is (dep. where in EU you are) at least a 5 hours time difference. So if they want to start raiding at 7pm that will be midnight or later for you. Because of this I am still undecided…

@ Blizzard: Sorry if my words are harsh. I love the game and will play it anyway. I just hope it will be as good as possible…

I am genuinely surprised by the lack of PvE and PvP English realms listed here, for both EU and US. Do they believe that it’s going to be 8000 players maximum per realm on launch (given that, that is how many players one server can handle, just a guess)? I mean a Russian pserver community alone has over 50.000 players across a few realms.

1 Like

I noticed this post because it was green. How do I become a “MVP” so I can post in green?

I dont get your point. US has more servers (PVP and in total). Since the announcement of Classic WOW there are surveys on reddit and other common platforms that estimate the community size and esp. class/race distribution. With past extensions, the distribution was typically very representative and population size at around 30% (US) and 20% (EU) actual players. It seems that Blizz never had a look at this and now guesses (and guesses badly!)

Your China comment: If you have ever been to China you will realize that “internet” and online games work a bit differently there. >90% of Chinese players use VPNs to other countries and then show up as EU or US in your statistics. This is not only for WOW but all internet connections from China to US/EU servers (such as blizz, google/youtube, netflix…)! What shows up in the numbers as “entire China wow players” is just a tiny minority of actual people playing WOW in China.