WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]

Short version in above link. :slight_smile:

US (as a region, not USA as a state) has a slightly larger player base than EU and less different support languages. Which means they have different region internal balance.

Playing on EU realms requires an EU account (and subscription / game time above level 20 for BfA). If a Chinese person lies about his / her location and contact details, then that account counts as EU. Also, WoW is available in China, so it is most likely that most Chinese WoW players play Wow there, not here.

Is there a way to play on a US server with an existing EU account? Like a transfer or something.

Classic is doomed, blizz fcked up!

We need Lightbringer [EU/EN-PvP]!

@Horne: WoW accounts are region specific. You can add an US WoW account into your Battle.net account, but is an entirely separate entity (mounts, pets, transmogs, etc. are NOT shared across regions).

Let’s hope Blizzard reconsider tomorrow and add a couple more before the name reservations go live!!

Come on the amount of people coming back to play and those already playing can’t support 4 PVP servers?../smh

1 Like

We RLY need more PvP server in EU!

AND make a SPANISH server alone please!

1 Like

Since we haven’t received a response in the past 2 days, I doubt they are going to give us one.
They are probably waiting for people to reserve names then “suddenly” realise there aren’t enough realms.
By then it’s too late and they have made the name reserve so pointless, trying to convince friends/family/guild to try risk reserving on the new realm (probably having to delete their current reserves since you’re only allowed 3 total, not 3 per realm)

2 Likes

We NEED more English PvP servers, this will not replicate the population of classic wow in anyway, phase two will still have megaservers of 20-30k pop ATLEAST.

Please add more English PvP Servers - and soon, after name reserve it may already be to late.

2 Likes

Shame, not buying a separate game to play on another server. Thanks for the quick response though.

I don’t think the dev team understands how layering a realm for 40,000 will ruin the server and community. We need more realms, period. Can’t squeeze in this many big egos into two pvp realms, impossible. We need announcement of more realms before name reservation goes live or this will be one of the game industrys major flops of making a very lucrative business opportunity into a crapfest and NOT at all listening to customers providing the company a solution to a problem they still havent even forseen… blizzard nosedived since tbc.

7 Likes

You say you want no changes. Then you have 2 pvp realms for EU with layering, each server hosting around 40k players through different changing layers. This is not the classic/vanilla experience we wanted, this is your bad solution to a problem which didnt have to exist. Give us way more servers and dont rely on layering. If you think you ever will be able to get rid of layering you cant have 2 servers, instead merge low pop servers if thats a case.

4 Likes

You are underestimating the population. You think that the masses of players from Italy, bulgaria, sweden, denmark, norway, finland, netherlands, croatia, slovenia, greece, poland, and SPAIN are all going to live harmoniously, speaking English and not speaking in /trade in their language?
You think those of us who speak english on english servers and who REMEMBER the spanish scourge of JAJAJAJAJA are happy about this?
Ive spent 14 years paying you folks money, on and off, always loyal and always returning. Youre going to make me play with JAJAJAJAJA and little /w of SWE????
Idiots. you think you can switch layering off with most of europe outside of france and germany all playing on 2 (TWO!!!) servers?
Youre rubbish. I hope you fix this, i hope we can play happily.
If not, fold and go bust please.

4 Likes

Exactly my toughts.

Pls blizz don’t listen to all these ppl who don’t know what they talk about.

EU has way enough realm already, don’t add more.

You already made the mistake to listen the braindead part of the french and german community.

Don’t let ppl who don’t understand how it work chose for us. They will never stop complaining no matter what anyway dont forget that.

aka “Please don’t throw me into the briar patch”

We are probably now in the field of thousands of requests to increase the number of servers for eu/en and many more concerned with the future of the pvp servers.
I imagine if this would have happened in US…
At least one blue post explaining something, giving some type of info about the plans of the company in case of overpopulation in the referred servers pre/post 1 and 2 phase releases.

The recent friction with spanish community does not bode well.

What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.

I don’t care about names, however I hope they are prepared to add more servers, because I think there will be more people.

By all indications Blizzard does not after all believe in their product. I did not look at this game anymore since WotLK. And in general my interested in games dropped. But here I saw a chance to revisit some of the nice experiences such as tanking in instances and the leveling and professions and my favorite zones and the classic feeling of depth. Why does this whole project have to be under the notion that not many people will be like me and come back to classic? How does blizzard believe that high drop off will happen after what we know about pservers. People like me would never roll on pserver. Still we know of their population sizes and that people activity played there. The decision to go for two PvP servers in Europe (combined with layering) will spell a big problem for the continuation of the game. While leveling is essential for the classic experience blizzard is still stuck in their raid focused idea about the game guessing that layering won’t matter now and playing the long fame for their two future megaservers to support high-end raiding. Europe was misinterpreted from the start. You will need more servers tomorrow and you will need more in one month. Have you ever checked your own forum and the number of PvP guilds recruiting? Just another hint.

They’ll scale up as demand requires it, stop being crazy on the internet.

1 Like