WoW Classic Realm Names and Types [Europe]

So, i couldnt give less of a f about server names, they can name them 1,2,3 dont care, and i do belive we need more pvpen servers, but what i find unbelievable is that we dont even get an official response about this…

3 Likes

We have obligatory English classes in Slovenia that start at the age of 6 and are continued throughout the whole education system. And that’s similar in most of the other countries you’ve mentioned.

The biggest problems are Italy and Spain because they literally don’t care about other languages as their own. I’ve vacationed in Italy and I was surprised at how most of the people don’t speak a word of English, even though I was in a tourist spot.

I think the number of servers for launch is about right for a few reasons…

1. There’s a lot of interest in classic now but no one really knows how it’ll look in 3 months with players quitting. Blizzard has the best idea as they’ve seen how many of the beta players have slowed down playing/quit.

2. It’s easier to make new servers later than close/merge servers. Having lots of servers at launch and merging them in 3 months would just start a wave of doom and gloom about how classic was dead.

3. For world PvP you want the server to be full. There is no open world PvP if the zone’s empty. Same for getting guilds for 40 man stuff, the community aspect in classic requires full servers. If there’s a problem tagging monsters don’t fight for them, group up and get the quest done, that’s the classic way.

4. Languages are really tricky but you can’t just make a server for each language as you need the population to support at least two servers, PvE and PvP. Frankly I don’t mind seeing all sorts of language in chat, vive la difference!

1 Like

Sorry you are way off what most people believe. There are not enough PVP English servers. Personally I hate it when people speak non English on an English server - it ruins the experience. Community is essential for Classic WOW, this is not going to be built with multi-layers and languages.

1 Like

Can we get realm forums?

“Nothing to do with warcraft lore”? I’m sorry, is this sarcasm or you just being dumb here?

1 Like

I dont wanna jump the bandwagon here and flame on, but you put yourself in a serious situation here Blizzard.

We cant manage with 2 PvP servers on EU, especially with the majority of the spanish people aswell.

We need atleast 1-2 spanish servers, and a few more pvp servers.

I respect your caution with the Classic hype, and your perspective on everything - but this is just really dangerous.

Several guilds and communitys have already gathered up and waiting for you to post the server list to pick out the servers. It dosen’t really matter if you post more servers later because people are already settled, and that would cause an major chaos.

Be wise now and do the right choice.

2 Likes

Realm type distribution looks fair! I love it :slight_smile: I don’t know why people are so upset about the names, I like them. They won’t even see the realm names, and everyone has a different taste of what’s “cool”, so they’ll never all be satisfied I’m afraid. Keep up the good work Blizz.

1 Like

Yes, how Blizzard’s layering technology interacts with the development of the server community in Classic is a primary concern. With so few servers, it seems that the cohesion of the community will suffer if layering persists. That will be detrimental to Classic WoW.

1 Like

Community-wise it doesn’t matter if it’s layers or not, there is no chance to build a community with tens of thousands of players on a megaserver either way.

Game-play-wise it will work with layers on a megaserver.

Names? Yeah whatever, I kinda like Shazzrah anyways. But third EN PvP Realm is a must.

2 Likes

60 Thousand views on this alone. Only those can more than half the servers. I never write on forums or anything, even paid for months in advance before classic was launched, but if you count those posts for anything, +1 for more PVP servers. PLEASEEEEEE. I spent like 1/3rd of my annual leave for the game.

Everyone everywhere is hyped, only grown ups (25+ year olds) who can easily afford subscriptions or whatever you ask as long as they get what they want… You don’t really understand how important this is - WoW paved my way into critical thinking and improved my interpersonal communications due to the community aspect. It helps me everyday with my job, it’s not just a game for most of us…

5 Likes

I agree with that…they should add some PVP realms :frowning: Any official reaction from @Blizzard ?

Can we like have the realm names changed real quick? There’s still time till character creation…

https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/figures/living_en

The complete EU covers arround 500million people. from those 500milion people how many people have internet? are interested in gameing? are interested in WoW Classic?

• World Population ~ 1.8 billion without africa and asia (we dont have asia/africa servers)
  • EU : 500million total ( 330 million )
    . Germany,switzerland, austria ~ 100million
    . France ~ 70million
  • US: 330 million
  • Oceania: 35 million
  • Other: 700 million

Lets assume. WoW has 5 million players worldwide.

That means:

• EU : 1.3 million
    . Germany,switzerland, austria ~ 270k
    . France ~ 190 k
  • US: 915 k
  • Oceania: 95k
  • Other: 1.9 million

How many of those play classic? We dont know? 50%?
How many of those are online at the same time? we dont know?

We assume 50% of all WOW players worldwide are interested in classic.

Then we have the following Population:

• German Servers: 130k (70k pvp, 60k pve)
  • US: 460k
  • France: 95k (55k pvp, 40k pve)

Replace one of the English realm names with Bacon and Egg or Tea and Biscuits. Many thanks.

1 Like

Hahahah people complaining about names and servers 90% will have quit wow classic within a month anyway when they are not handed items like they are now

4 Likes

Who cares about server names……

You crybabies are the example why WOW died in the first place… all that whining that blizzard made wow to casual.

stop beeing a crybaby and roll rppvp server already

2 Likes

Hoooly crap. People are actually complaining about server names? ROFL! Talk about creating problems where there are none.
We got classic and you immediately start complaining. Blizzard is not ruining the game.

You people are…

5 Likes

It is sad how often the world wars are brought up in this thread about servers for an ancient MMO. Stay classy, Europe!