WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

This. It’s pretty pointless testing a 10ms batch when we get 100+ ms, and 4 times what we have on EU servers. The only thing we achieve is to pollute the test data.

If i cant get Reckoning stacks by having a mob hit me while i sit and stand up fast then whats the point of playing Ret paladin

1 Like

Has no one learnt by now that #nochanges was stupid to begin with. Modern audiences have changed and you’ll never get the original experience that you had back anyway regardless of batching or not. As someone who is sick of batching, it’s great to see them start testing to see what works or not.

10 Likes

They’re also sneakily plugging safe spots in Heigan’s “Plague Wave” to prevent players from cheesing the fight by standing in the platform’s corners, in small gaps in-between traps where the original spells can’t quite reach them, and various other kinds of places.

At least on EU servers, even back in Vanilla WoW, spell delay was never as high as 400ms. Even in 2005 most people barely had more than a 100ms ping, so realistically the “spell batching” back then was around 200-250ms. I never understood why it was set to 400ms in Classic because unless you had absolute toaster-internet somewhere in the deepest boonies, you never experienced a delay this high. Set it to 100-150ms and you are set for TBC, too.

6 Likes

I remember the 2005 as a time when fast and reliable internet was beginning to become mainstream but I doubt many had acces to it.
Even today some EU countries still rely on antic infrastructure.

Anyway I still think 400ms is over the top. As you said, 100-150 or even 200 would’ve been acceptible, and perhaps for most.

Also it feels kinda weird such change comes so late. I mean we already adapted to batching in Classic:).
Maybe a transition to a possible TBC, who knows what Blizzard are thinking anymore.

1 Like

Wow classic need changes coz #no change mindset will just kill it !

3 Likes

Great change! Thanks!

1 Like

SWD damage triggers a second or so after the spell is cast, nothing to do with batching. You can still remove sheep like that on retail with no batching.

That’s because they changed SW:D because it wasn’t working.

Agreed. Nerfing everything but Rogues, however, is …

… ^^

Elemental Mastery still batches Earth Shock

As others said, spell batching is absolutely essential to recreate the gameplay of Vanilla WoW, but also of TBC or WotLK.

Sure, healing someone at very low health, finishing your cast, losing mana and watching your mate dies because the healing spell was delayed is not a great experience. But on the other hand, not being able to Gouge a Blink, Vanishing a Blind, Charging a Charge, etc etc will completly break the PvP we all knew and love.

In terms of raw feelings but also gameplay and balancing, removing spell batching will have more impacts on the game that buffing let’s say under performing specs by 5%. It is a HUGE change to the game.

Any plan to reduce leeway?

On the batching topic, I think it is good to have some in order to facilitate skilled plays, but randomly vanishing stuff not cause you predicted then but because of huge window shouldn’t be a thing. If a mage ae’s a rogue fast enough after vanish to deny another opener or nova’s fast enough after improved sprint he should be rewarded, not have the rogue open again regardless…

With the correct amount of batching skilled plays are still possible, but only by skilled and fast reacting players, as it should be

Now what is correct window, I’ve no idea…

7 Likes

OMG.
You solved the main problem and saved Classic!

1 Like

Can we get rid or the ridiculous leeway too plz?

4 Likes

Personally I would have reduced the window to 200 to start with to get the Vanilla feeling right and then adjusted more if needed. Nerfing anything by 98% in one go is really extreme.

Private Servers will now yet again be the only way to play authentic Vanilla.

4 Likes

Wtf are you talking about? SWD works because the backlash damage is delayed, not because of batching.

If you have no basic idea how things work, don’t try to propose things based on “higher-skill gameplay”. It would be hard for me to imagine that any really good player would oppose as small batching window as possible.

Better late than never eh. Hopefully this means more attention from Blizzard for Classic. I’m pretty bored of getting melee hit after I used vanish, this should fix that right?!

2 Likes

Batching and ping are not the same thing. Ping is how long it takes to reach the server, the batch time is how often the server processes the events that came and processes them in any order and them pushes it the results.