Wow current population

There is still a results cap and how many people change the levels manually.

All I’m trying to say it’s not a reliable way to gauge :wink:

1 Like

The ones that really want to know?

And the point was that people are doing /who thinking it’s a definite infinite result.

I’m sorry that pointing out how it works is wrong.

1 Like

You can do it in level ranges easy enough… if the results are under 50 you have your answer for that bracket…

Idk I much pref the binds from a pc, the chat potential and I’m just so used to it.

Think I’ll still give it a try though. A shame wow plunged that deep. Might be tonight :wink:

I use a keyboard to chat to people on ff14 and when I play eso… ff14 I plug in a mouse too.

And when it caps at 50 you know nothing from that search because that’s the cap :laughing:

1 Like

Same can be said for it being under 50 and dire.

I’m not gonna bite Puny… put the claws away :wink:

I am not the one going at me when I explained how /who works in game. I’ve merely explained how systems work and how you can’t rely on a capped list of info that is only a selection of the players around you.

2 Likes

Wait can I connect my regular mouse and keyboard the the Xbox and just play on the same game like pc with all the binds then? Or was it just about chatting that keyboard is being used and accepted?

How did I go at you?

I simply replied.

Just for chatting :slight_smile: But I am on ps4 so you’d need to check for xbox. For ps4 it has to be a regular keyboard… my Razer won’t work as it has drivers.

I’m baffled at the claws remark. The only one picking on my responses is you.

Seeing as explaining how something works offends you I’ll stop. This is rather petty.

1 Like

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ease-of-access/mouse-keyboard

At no point did I say you were wrong? I replied with my own opinion yes.

At no point was I offended, so you are wrong there. Clue was in the :wink: face…

Isn’t than an offtopic post from you, after you complaining about that earlier in the thread? :wink:

@All: A few small notes on the /who command…

If you do a /who 20-120 without any other parameters, you will get a maximum of 50 results. If you get less than 50, then that is the entire level 20 to 120 population of your faction (on that server, connected realms are treated as one server) online at that moment, but not necessarily the entire population (as most factions tend to have a handful of non-detectable 1-19s.

However, if you wish to, you can give /who several parameters, which is what CensusPlus is based on. When needed, the addon can break down to the level of… Example: look for level 113 blood elf paladins, who have a name containing the letter “t”. If that result still exceeds 49, then the addon will give up and move to the next letter on its programmed list.

This is why some players can be missed by the addon despite being online, especially if they have a very short name and/or one with excessive number of special characters, while being of very common type… Like a level 120 blood elf paladin on Draenor.

2 Likes

I see .that makes sense :sunny:

Fun times this winter .I already pre ordered both expansion of ff14 and eso .both look great and awesome .my time on wow now will be very less and casual .until and unless they don’t improve .

1 Like

In addition to that excellent explanation this shows a few commands you can use :wink:

2 Likes