Wow current population

You didn’t use the shill word, that wasn’t really aimed at you per se, but it was in this discussion.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with discussing features from other games but they are generally better when discussed in one of those ‘What would you like to see change in WoW’ type topics.

I don’t think this was the right topic for it but I think it’s beyond redemption now :laughing:

3 Likes

They no longer measure in the form of sub numbers.

I think so that they present uniform statistics on all their games we now get the data in the form of MAUs.

1 Like

Activision Blizzard no longer posts their sub numbers, they measure MAU’s and revenue.

If you go to their corporate website you can see the earnings statements and you can compare numbers via quarters or years.

I cannot post links on here unless it is from WOW Head, which there has to be a certain trust level but Google Activision Earnings and you will see the information and compare it for yourself.

But but. He said he has prove that the WoW sub numbers are going down :frowning:
So it’s all only estimates :frowning:

Little tip, you can “post” links if you use the </> button to make it a preformated text. www.example.comALTHOUGH, I don’t know if bypassing the system like that is allowed, so be careful.

My partner played WoW from Vanilla to Cata… he quit after that… he only ever played Druid tank… he just became so frustrated with all the change… he is 100% console gamer now.

Good job really he’d hate Druid tank now :rofl:

1 Like
1 Like

Well first of all that’s not enough info at all to go by second of all just another angry user venting his anger by acting like a doomsayer as we all do when we are in a :poop: mood tbh.the end is coming.

Believe me if WoW sub numbers were good or even increasing Blizzard themselves would be publically shouting it out everywhere. It would be the number one point of any media and advertising statements.

3 Likes

Noted, if blizzard doesn’t release the sub numbers for classic wow = it failed.

There is no other reason at all. It is all black and white.

If no numbers game bad , if numbers game good.

Since cata had the highest subs with woltk together we can say cata and woltk >> all other expansions ?

Nah cata is when it all gone down the sewer pipe for me at least.

TBH why do you think they are opting for a “combined” live and classic sub, from a business point it’s a great opportunity to “shuffle” numbers and claim either version at any time is doing great, its an obvious and cleaver business decision for business reasons.

Also this article

Blizzard had 32 million MAUs in this quarter

Clearly so dead :expressionless:

1 Like

No, excuses. We made a rule I thought. Sub numbers are absolute and if they are not shown it means the game is bad. THATS THE ONLY THINGS WHICH IT CAN MEAN.

Since you don’t consider any other reasons for why they don’t show it now

Isn’t that all their games together though?

Agree 100%

@All: I have noted this in other threads in various formats, but the situation is as follows:

Activision Blizzard reported a 3 million decrease in Blizzard MAUs from Q4 to Q1, specifically from 35 million down to 32 million. There are sources out there that incorrectly took this to mean that they lost 8,5% of their players. However, that is NOT correct. A loss of 3 million MAUs does not correspond to a 8,5% drop in players, but in MAUs. That distinction is very significant as Blizzard has a large number of products that affect MAUs. It is entirely possible to have both losses and gains in both MAUs and players and end up with mixed results.

Specifically, speaking across the board (on company level) this means the following:

It is possible to gain players and lose MAUs, it is possible to lose players and gain MAUs, and it is also possible for player number to not change and the MAUs rise or drop as well as MAUs not to change while number of players rises or drops.

This means that a loss of 3 million MAUs across all Blizzard products does not mean that there can not be individual titles that have increased or stable MAUs. Additionally, as that is not part of the official report, we have zero official insight into the spread of MAUs within Blizzard.

3 Likes

There was a decline in MAUs but that’s also how the game worked with subs, they go up every time new stuff comes out (expansion or patch) and drop off again in between when people run out of stuff they want to do.

I’m not entirely sure why they switched over with the way they measure activity but I do presume it’s partially due to the way the other games they make are measured and it makes more sense for comparisons.

1 Like

What we do know is they are making it difficult (so they think) for us to know what’s really going on…

We already see the decline ourselves.

1 Like

I know that this is how it most of the time happens. But we don’t have any data about this anymore and people claiming to have analysed the signs and stars to come to a conclusion about the sub numbers just to act as a doomsayer, is not really something that should be ignored.

Sometimes I think the FF and ESO defs send people here to make a bad mood

1 Like