WoW is not pay to win

Then it means you do not know how to use RIO.

Exactly this. I’d rather play with noobs that are willing to learn than bad people thinking they are gods at this game.

1 Like

We’re arguing over buying power and progress ruining the integrity of the game not player attitude in dungeons/raids so stick to the subject. Also, what if you have a noob that’s lazy, unwilling to learn and expects you carry their a*s? How about them?

It is true…

You can buy 6 tokens. Then, ask a boosting team to do a full heroic NY run for you. All loots are yours + bonus loots + achievement + mount.

Next day, you are ilvl +460 with proper corruptions.

nothing wrong with that, i wish this was the case, but players who buy boosts they don’t want to learn the game, they just want to get carried

there is a massive different between a player who is willing to learn and a player who wish to get boosted

if by that you want me to also judge him by his mythic plus score ? than i cant, there are mythic raiders with low mythic plus score, cus they dont do mythic plus as much

1 Like

No you dont. People didnt had gold to afford such thing. It was absolute minority of players as gold wasnt something you could buy for real money.

I will probably get myself a boost for N’Zoth, but only for the void dragon mount. Only time I ever buy boosts. Buy boosts for gear? Nah, I’d rather do mythics or pugs to get gear.

It’s cool to hear you don’t buy boosts for gear and progress. However, the mount being time limited is probably why you feel intrigued to buy the boost otherwise most mount collectors I see don’t mind waiting until the following expansion/s to be able to solo farm their mounts or do the raid when it becomes a legacy raid and is easily cleared in a group. Am I correct in my assumption?

2 Likes

Correct, I collect mounts, and sadly barely have time to play, so I usually pay for a boost to get the mount. Sometimes I even manage to do it after the boost, but I rather play safe.

I’ve never paid for a boost otherwise.

What ? Wow is p2w now cause you can buy corrupted gear ? Haha , not surprised tho coming from your faction.

Git gud nab

You could buy the gold from 3th party gold sellers i doubt all the spam hack adds that they created from dead bodies were for nothing.

True. If that was the case, those with 9kk gold will be the best at the game.

Read my other replies. Gold sellers existed back in the day but they were so few and got punished severely when caught. Nowadays the scale at which boosting players for progress and power is very common, widely advertised and is down right wrong.

Whilst I both agree and disagree with the Pay to Win statement, every time I have looked on AH I have not seen one corrupted item… maybe I have just been checking at the wrong time?

Sounds cool, only problem is.

Nothing guaranteed that u get all items on your slot, even dropped or not. Most of these boost runs done by already saved characters. No 100% for corrupted items, even if corrupted, not 100% most broken ones drop. And if someone so stupid that he buys gearing up run in the final content, when “soon” you swap your gear the 1st green drop in next xpac, then yeah, good wasted money for him.

Boosters using out people stupidity, and they are doing well.

Well you dont really need any loot if you bear raid content right? In the end gear is nothing but tool to beat content so if you alredy beat that content you dont need gear anyway. Also i would argue about lost money. Imagine casual guild progressing 12h a week for 2-3 months. Thats what 144h of progress time spent in game + adiditional hours to run all other content like visions, getting essences etc. Average salary per hour in my country is 5,6 dollars per hour. Lets be generoous here and count only hours spent progressing raid. 144*5,6 = 806 dollars. Thats about 40 tokens. So tell me again how is someone speding extra time at work to buy 1 boost to get all relevant rewards from raid is wasting money when person what actualy progress that raid wastes even more money by spending his time in progression guild?

There are tons of them in AH. Blizzard stack the non-corrupted and corrupted items all together. So, you need to check them one by one.

Hmmm I wonder if it is because I use a level 1 banker that I am not seeing them… will look again tonight. Just for science reasons of course :slight_smile:

There is a difference between designing the game with real money transactions in mind and using third party websites to buy gold, which is against ToS.

1 Like

I was talking about buying boost to gear up (with irl money with token). Gear “rot” away , thus dropped out money.

Buying end boss 1 times worth thousand times more.

Grow up. Adults are talking.

No they weren’t? That is utter nonsense. They were neither few, nor punished, I am starting to doubt whether you actually did play Vanilla, as there does seem to be a discernible way of telling.

Some people will intrinsically hate everything about Classic. These people likely never played Vanilla, and don’t remember that it did some things very, -very- well indeed (Professions leap to mind)

Some people will intrinsically love everything about Classic, and hate Retail These people also likely never played Vanilla! and don’t remember that Vanilla also did some things very, -very- badly indeed (Actual storyline springs to mind. There was one storyline, it was obscure, involved a couple of quests, and was for Alliance only. Hardly the epitome of gaming)

Then you get some people who are old enough to have played Vanilla, and still play Classic, and don’t have this weird binary sense that 'Things were different and better back then!" Well, yeah, they were, I still had long hair, I was listening to different music in nightclubs, I mean, I was going clubbing on a weekly basis for a start, rather than an occasional treat, The Internet was brand new, and I had less aches and pains…

Vanilla WoW still had lots of gold sellers who were not punished, hence their audacity these days, Vanilla WoW still was not some sacred cow that could do no wrong, and most importantly to me, Vanilla WoW did not have these mythical RP realism things. Feeding Hunter Pets, Carrying a thousand arrows in a pouch? What are people smoking these days!"

We went from Wow is not pay to win, “Hahah, pranked y’all with my wit, I actually meant the opposite of the thread title!” (Does beggar the question whether you can derail your own thread) and did not take long for someone to rock up saying that Vanilla was better…

For a Game that was ‘better’, its fans seem to spend an awful lot of time not actually playing it…

1 Like