WoW is not pay to win

Nobady does that. People buy boosts to get achievements and mount nobady cares about gear.

You’d be surprised…

No vannila did not had lot of gold sellers. And those few barely sold anything becouse people were too scared of lossing their accounts.

1 Like

Sure in game what completly resets itself every 6 months and all of its welfare heroic gear droping everywhere people will totaly spent money on gear. :smiley:

Yes. They will, that’s why the boosters exist, because people do buy it, otherwise there wouldn’t be any boosters for gear.

Did you play Vanilla? Because listen to me, youngling, it most definitely did have gold sellers…they were also quite brazen about it. You’re doing a good job of trying to slavishly defend Classic here, but you forget you are up against some people who actually remember playing the game first time round…

I did played it and outside of few random whispers for entire year and advertisment in OG made with corpses i didnt saw their impact at all.

Lucky you, I saw it all the damned time, and I remember the advertisements in SW and Org using corpses, and whilst scornfully ignoring them was equally like “OK, grade A for effort”

Many do, i did boost in wod and legion, many of them bought the same raids multiple times to gear up. Just to replace it over and over again next tier content.

Limit admited buying gold for gear in their world first run because corruption is too impactful - even more than traits in some cases. I watch few PvP streamers like Ziqo. He has that AH mount so he keeps checking between every arena.

Of course us mortals won’t have gold to buy few items but these rank 1 players who “coach” others for gold or streamers who have full t3 sets from Black Market can get such gear easily. Check prices of crafted gear. It skyrocketed

lets be real, it is quite P2W. You can get multiple BiS items from gold; you can buy BoE epics, you can level professions and get 470 items with sockets (which basically every pvper is doing). All of these cost gold. Even on my rogue here, the boots I got from LW - I didn’t have LW til a few weeks ago where I levelled it purely by buying mats in AH, then running heroic raid to get the insanity and then I farmed mats to make greens to get expulsom. All in all, it cost me about 100k to get some BiS boots for my class that I will never replace.

1 Like

Illegally. Now blizzard makes it possible. That’s a huge difference

It doesn’t show the corruptions on the main screen after a search. You have to click on the item (so you go ‘into’ the stack) so it shows every item listed. There the tool tips will show the corruptions.

Re-reading this i may have completely murdered my explanation

I dislike the WoW tokens but it’s kinda the only way to fight gold selling. So I prefer this (at least it supports the game) over illegal gold selling transactions.

You wont, just in next xpac. And wow, crafting item cost GOLD, like since when… oh wait since the game released. Pogchamp.

They aren’t normally BiS though are they?

Mythic raid drop bettee gear m+ weekly chest could be stronger, so nope, 470 crafted not bis, and cant even corrupt.

A sockets worth more than 5 ilvl and the raid drops 475 legs and 485 feet but with the wrong stats so they are 100% better than the legs and arguably better than the feet. The fact they cant corrupt is irrelevant when you’re limited on corruption anyway.

Basically if you aren’t a mythic raider, they’re BiS, if you haven’t cleared nzoth on mythic they’re BiS and if you need stats more (e.g. PvP) they’re probably BiS regardless of the above.

Of course you could buy gold for real money. Being ignorant doesn’t mean such thing didn’t exist back then.

Newsflash: back in the day blizzard didn’t have even half of the tools they have now to detect RMT. So you are completely wrong on this one.

You don’t seem to understand how WoW token works. Blizzard doesn’t sell gold, they only provide a safe means for players to transfer gold using money with 5$ fee.

Wrong, it was THE safest time to sell gold.

If you define it that way, it was always P2W since you could get cutting edges, achievements, mounts, gold for money.

Fun fact, it is not illegal. It is against TOS but not illegal. And no, absolutely no difference. I know people who still buy gold for real money not using wow token.

Yeah? And what do you ‘win’ then?