Wow won't open on Mac since the patch

yup. still not working, 48 hours after launch.

2 Likes

Same problem… what with the queues bugging every reset for days, and now this problem - at what point do you start giving us gametime back?

1 Like

Hopefully it’s gonna be fixed before the vault resets… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue still, and wow / blizzard is very quiet about it, not a single response anywhere on this happening. Very frustrating!

3 Likes

same here.
2 days and no news => I have cancelled my subs until it’s fixed

1 Like

Please hurry Blizzard. Your mac people need you.

1 Like

There was a suggestion on the US forums that upgrading to Monterey would resolve it. I can confirm that I’ve just done that and it DID NOT resolve the problem. Still the same issue everyone else it seeing.

Mid-2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro (10.1)
Monterey v12.6.3
8Gb Ram
Core i7, 1.5Gb VRAM

1 Like

2 Macs here, Catalina and Monterey, same problem…

1 Like

Updating to Monterey from Big Sur on my MacBook Pro from 2019 solved the issue for me and I can play the game.

Others are saying that updating doesn’t fix it for them, so I guess it’s a combination of device age (hardware) and the os (software).

It is for me, yep.

1 Like

Same issue, when are you going to fix it?!

1 Like

I thought they would have fixed this in the last patch but no, here we are with the same situation. I have one day of game time left and obviously, I won’t be renewing until this is sorted out. I did fire up my Windows 10 hard drive last night and after an hour or so of downloading the game it ran fine. That is on the same machine by the way. AMD Ryzen 5 2600 on a Gigabyte B450 I Pro Wifi with an XFX 7700 2GB graphics card.

1 Like

Was literally playing at the start of the week and then they patched and now I can’t play at all.

I am assuming I have the same issue as everyone else where it goes to load, goes black with the mouse cursor but doesn’t get to the actual character selection screen or log in portal? Each time I try it just short cuts out into the yellow triangle of doom.

I’ve tried clearing the cache, wtf and interface files. Changing them to "FileName"Old and also changing the WTF file GTX window text and again that’s made no difference either.

I’ve ran a scan and repair as well as a total uninstall and total reinstall both with no luck there either.

I have a huge event this Friday and I have just literally purchased another 2 months of game time and now I can’t play at all.

Is this the same thing everyone is struggling with?

2 Likes

This is the exact thing that happens to me so thank you for clarifying this, it’s so so frustrating, at the start of the week pre-patch I had no issues. I don’t know why Blizz is dragging their heels with this.

I only have a crappy surface tablet which I don’t know how we’ll it’ll take to running WoW but I am going to miss all the Friday events now and one of those was fairly important. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yea that’s exactly the same as me and thousands of others

Seems like just need to wait for an update that fixes it

2 Likes

Latest post by Blizzard on this on US forum
" Jambrix

1120 posts

Customer Support

8m

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the information that has been shared in this thread so far. The WoW team continues to work on this crash which only affects specific Macs and specific macOS versions. We do not have any new information to share regarding the technical cause of the crash, but it is still under investigation and being worked on.

As many have discovered upgrading your macOS (if possible) can be a solution for this crash. We generally recommend using the latest version of macOS if you can, since newer macOS versions come with bug fixes and new graphics drivers. Ventura is the latest macOS available, but if your Mac is not able to upgrade to Ventura you may try Monterey.

We will make sure to share any updates we receive from the WoW team."

2 Likes

Thank you for reply, but many Macs can’t update to these latest versions, so people are screwed:( Also, other people report to not being able to play even after an upgrade. It worked two days ago, please put it back the way it was!

4 Likes

Was going to say I’d read several posts saying they upgraded and it made no difference.

I just don’t understand why this wasn’t caught before it was sent out, like someone in the early part of this thread said. It doesn’t take much to trial run it on a Mac.

1 Like

Im also having the same issue have updated to the latest software update on my Mac and have reinstalled the game still nothing…

I mean I’ve missed out on my two weekly raid nights now because of this now

how is there still no fix to this or any updates???

1 Like

my game time literally just renewed as well, so I’m paying to not be able to play the game now for who knows how long?

1 Like