Wow won't open on Mac since the patch

same here, subscription renewed, but game is inaccessible.
Will we be able to get our KPs, vault, storm tokens etc for this week if it doesn’t get fixed asap? Will we be reimbursed?

1 Like

Nope. We won’t. They’ll just do the usual lame half-apology and expect the subs to keep rolling on. Really hope to be wrong… but in my heart I know I’m not :confused:

1 Like

The 10.0 PTR was unusable on my late 2013 27" iMac (780m GT) running Mojave, but the actual 10.0.1 ran like 20% faster. Just 60 fps everywhere with pretty nice graphics. Not sure why they f’ed us over right now.

And yes I know, my Mac is unsupported, but that’s an artificial limitation, there is no technical reason my CPU, GPU and OS aren’t supported as Metal for Catalina is (almost) exactly the same as on Mojave and the supported GPUs also don’t have different support levels.

1 Like

We’re aware of Error 134 happening on Macs since the patch. This is already being investigated by our developers. While we sadly have no ETA at the moment, many players report that updating their OS to at least Monterey (12.0) helps.

Other than that we can only ask you to wait until the bug is fixed.

3 Likes

Same issue here, Big Sur
All Mac users seem to be having this problem since yesterday, and US forums posted two minutes ago that the reason has been identified. Fix however has not been announced yet

1 Like

are we going to get some re found for the days that we cant play at least some mount or gear could come in handy…

I got this response

Game Master Ixzal here and sorry about these problems with WoW crashes. We have received similar reports from other players using Macs and this appears to be a bug. The Dev team is working on a patch which should be released in the near future to help get this resolved. You can read about this here:

Truly sorry about this but in this case, we ask that you please remain patient as these bugs are fixed.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

But I’ve missed out on this weeks raid now and what we all can’t play again until “maybe” next reset…

like come on this is bull!@#$ why was this patch released with all these problems, that’s what the public test realms are for!

1 Like

im not on mac yet getting same error as all this guys so problem on personal computer also :confused:

1 Like

Thank you for update, Dresiaron! If the game isn’t fixed soon, will we be reimbursed the lost in-game currencies (most imprortantly KPs), and vault?

In the past, when Blizzard has given compensation for not being able to play, all it has been is game-time in lieu of the time you weren’t able to play.

They have never given financial compensation, or items.

1 Like

I have just updated my osx to Monterey and the game is still crashing like it was before so your suggestion is not quite accurate pls fix this we are paying for nothing !!!

2 Likes

2 days already that we haven’t been able to play. If the game won’t be able to be played on certain hardware anyone, give us plenty of notice so that we upgrade hardware/cancel subscription.

1 Like

Got the latest update, issue NOT FIXED. Blizz, please push it to a higher priority! And please don’t tell us to update OS, it doesn’t work!

1 Like

thanks for the update…
any idea on how long its going to take to fix the bug ?

I have Monterey 12.6.3
MacBoock pro retina mid 2015
Intel iris pro 1536 MB
but it continue to crash at start

It is still not working for me after the update.

1 Like

Yep, day 3. At least we got two hotfixes in a row for those who can actually play.

Same crash on launch. Game reinstalled, Battle.net reinstalled and run “verify/fix” command, still same issue since 25th Jan update/ 27th Jan patch doesn’t change anything.
The worst is that “Classic” works without problem.
Go Blizzard to work because the subscription does not crash

It didn’t work on the PTR and I did send message to Blizz but still this