Wowhead is trash

i think the owner of wowhead is some kid…he has banned several countries from accessing the site and i am guessing its because he didnt like them …idk

Legal reasons iirc, it’s been a hot minute since it went into effect.

It’s decent for looking up info about an item or NPC. Their news articles are mostly a bunch of rubbish. Specially when it comes to class tier lists.

…unless it’s about you.

The Wowhead news section is like a fast food restaurant that offers something new ever couple hours, but the new stuff is only a refresh of the old stuff with a minor change - for better or worse. And any customers with constructive criticism that isn’t praising the food they got served gets kicked out.

Then we have the likes of Someoneelse that defends this practice on grounds of private owners doing whatever they want with their property and domain, ignoring the legacy (database with actual helpful comments from other players) Wowhead holds and controls.

Yeah I don’t think I would have guessed I’d need to wear aquatic shades while dancing on a dance pad under the sea to start the quest for Otto. Then I wouldn’t have known what kind of fish and how many to fill the barrel with.
Wowhead is a treasure chest of information. Some of the classic areas can be a little obscure where you need assistance from wowhead commenters, ie: “It’s actually located in a cave at these coordinates”. Saves you riding around for hours trying to find where you’re supposed to go.
Essentially I’m saying your comment is really stupid.

Free speech is important, but a Wowhead comment is inconsequential to the point of being meaningless. It’s not like Wowhead mods removing posts they deem offensive is the first step to a totalitarian fascist or communist state.

It’s the same here too, just mention something about LGBT/BLM, that the lore turned into a gay soap story and simply see what happens.

2 Likes

Thats a lie as those thread are hardly moderated and left open for weeks and there hasnt been any threads about BLM at all so you are just making stuff up.

Point in case

Been open since Dec last year so over 2 months now.

The wowhead owner has no control over laws set in place by goverment’s

Thats right you do not know anything and it was a silly comments for you to make.

Providing the original post is supporting the cause then they stay up. If it wasn’t then it would be taken down. Blizzard fear the backlash. Look at all the companies who were forced to ‘support’ BLM.

1 Like

How does your character look so damn… hot…? :kissing_heart:

lol I have no idea. I’ve seen another Nightborne with a similar… aesthetic, so I’m wondering if it’s to do with that.

Can you honestly remember any BLM threads on the EU forums in the last 2 years at all? if you can then i owe you an apology but there has not been any so the post i quoted was lying about said threads.

If you operate in certain countries you have to abide by their laws. For example the cookie settings you see on all websites is due to EU laws on privacy. You could of course ignore those laws but that could bite you back in the future.

If I recall correctly one of the countries is Turkey. If it costs too much to operate within the law in that country then it’s more cost effective to block access from that country.

If you knew that already why post what you did then … as for the insult no need for it.

Well someone is mass flagging once again.

Anyway, one of their most “popular” authors has nothing but political crap over her social media. She even tried to cancel one of the books recently.

It is, was, the current narrative. There are wheels in motion. The common denominator is always money.

A singular flagged post which is just throwing an insult at another poster. It doesn’t take the brain power of a rocket scientist to work out why it was flagged.

And what does this have to do with the price of eggs? There are lots of writers whose political opinions I don’t agree with but that doesn’t necessarily mean that their writing is rubbish.

1 Like

Keeping up with technology and then mentioning TikTok kinda made me crack :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.