Yeah, this Pelagos is a problem

EDIT: Just to note; I’m wowing because of all the things to complain about this is what you pick? i’m dumbfounded.

Urgh god you’re everything that is wrong with progression in the real world.

You PRETEND you’re all cool about it but if you really were you wouldnt make such a dumb, uneducated and biased post.

Really what does it matter to you? Will you still get your item or exp or shiny new bauble to hang off your bigoted nose? Yeah probably.

Just move on. Times are changing, change with them or forever be THAT guy.

5 Likes

Imagine being mad at how a fictional character that doesn’t exist and is made up, identifies.

Ignoring the fact that characters like this actually do exist in reality. This notion of things not making sense bothering you is one of the absolute dumbest things I see regularly sited about this issue.

If things not making sense bothers you to such a degree I hate to break it to you but you are in the wrong game. There are so many aspects about wow lore that do not make sense when reflected on that I would honestly feel comfortable stating that less in wow makes sense then does.

Why did no one ever get this upset at the trans character in Dark Souls?

1 Like

Story telling not good enough in most cases to make such pushes without it being ham-fisted simply.

Nothing wrong with any of it, but it is a kick in the teeth when actively the main good things you hear from stuff like the books. is how there’s LBGTQ representation etc, same for in-game.

Theres nothing wrong with it, but its really not worth the expense of ret-conning and butchering major characters to have token-x characters in it.

Also unironically Pelagos best soulbind, coincidence. I think not.

Have you not played the beta? Pelagos does remember his old life and wanting to be a man in the afterlife. Why did you just make up something and say he doesn’t remember it and say it doesn’t make sense to the game? Jesus Christ you people who hate diversity just make up any nonsense to fit your narative don’t you, typical really.
When can blizz add a char that is lgbt without it being seen as an agenda? 50 years from now? I mean you lot force your anti gay agenda on wow constantly.

5 Likes

My lord why is this even an issue?

We got fecking DRAGONS appearing as GNOMES.
We have LITERAL BEARS pretending to be Kung-Fu warriors.
We have ZOMBIES AND GHOULS pretending to be humans with a bit of smell.
Why is some random Kyrian being “reborn in death” as a different gender such a problem?

A fact that mind you isn’t “forced down your throat” via some quest or something, but rather a bit of information you dig out after manually going through like 5 pages of gossip.

Why is this an issue for you?

7 Likes

I don’t see a problem with it, he is not made for political agenda, he is not even a real trans either (and I don’t have a problem saying that I don’t like them).

There is no issue with the npc

And? Its a fantasy game come on… only you the one who bring politics there…

1 Like

A random character decides to swap genders after death.

REEEEEEE

Players literally visiting the barber and swapping genders.

I see nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

Actually, this is the one point where OP had an actual argument.
The player character as an individual ain’t part of the lore.

That’s why I can accept all thise ridiculous names, but would be disappointed if an NPC had one of those.

Pelegos being a man is fine actually, because he Fully went through a transition and has the boy parts to prove it, but its a problem if he was still a lady and called himself a man

1 Like

Can we make bets on how long this will be until it’s locked?

I say two days.

Idgaf about it what bothers me about the character is how whiny and pathetic he is.

2 Likes

Yes he is. The alliance player at least. The Commander of Lunarfall did the whole WoD thing while the hordes did god knows what. He also got the position as commander because of his deeds in sacking orgrimmar. But thats pretty much it (and ye technically BFA but wellll)

1 Like

the funny thing is most tryhards egamers pr0s will have to use pelagos for raiding etc xD and they arent known for their nice behavior towards pelagos

Subjective opinion about importance.

There has been always theme of social issues in fantasy games because that is what makes game interesting lorewise drawing parallels.

You mention Garithos and then smack elves, if you want to talk about racism then Harithos story was about it and it doesn’t matter if you will insert Black skined, Asians or Elves there. Does that really need explaining that its about the act not the subject of abuse. And yet you say there is no need for irl things in game. Yet you have the themes everywhere.

Our orcs were originally introduced as brutes invading Azeroth, just like any other orc as aggressors and then stiched together story about shamanism to make race appealing.

Fantasy genre is appealing because there is no limitation to any imagination and it breaks free from any social dogma that we as society rather have formed for various reasons and allows send the subtle message to what needs to be portrayed doesn’t matter the subject. Its the way of educating masses if you want to say so, now if your subjectivity doesn’t allow to receive that message the resistance comes from you within, now I do not care why, but for your own good ask yourself why you struggle to move past this particular point taken what I said.

There have been threads about this subject and reasoning given to why people have no issue with such things, yet you open emotional thread here ranting about something YOU have issue with.

Rather opposite - people who this this is normalised have seen it and moved passed it. Yet you think its something of a big deal and make rants about it.

The only way society ever moved to milestones or progressed is because of variety of minds and not limiting it. Limitation only brings certain mindset in society.

But it is. Blizzard put Pelagos and their story in, it’s now part of the game.

Why doesn’t a character wanting to be something else make sense in a fantasy game? Why does it make less sense than players being able to change their gender, their race, or their faction?

1 Like

So to you, what exactly is it that makes sense about character customization being in the same boat as sexual preference?

Does it really bother you that much when you see black characters running around in-game?

1 Like

Oh, maybe I wasn’t clear enough.

Neither your Kretias nor my Zyxmold are actually part of the lore.
Some great hero might be, where noone knows anymore who exactly he was, so we all play a possibility of who he might have been.

But what I really mean by it is: A player character doesn’t have to fit the lore. He exists outside of it, next to it, though he may fit in if the player decides so.
That’s why there is no problem with giving him amnesia via button, letting him forget a lot of his abilities and learn new ones in an instant.
Or let us say: game mechanics ain’t part of the lore. Yes, I think that’s better.

For my game i did it. For yours you. Etc. However that is stuff that is not relevant for indepth lore and as such is fine to say with “the player did it”.

Pelagos doesnt have amnesia even. Thats the thing. The OP assumed he does (which is wrong).

That goes for the Barber ye. However it was used as an comparison of how stupid the OP sounds. Especially in regards of an NPC in an afterlife in which afterlife it has already been stated that one can choose ones own body (and not just in the kyrian covenant)