You just lost millions of players in 1Q 2019

I don’t know many WoW players that haven’t tried ESO or FF. Many try new games when they come out.

I am talking about a sudden influx of new players to the point both eso and ff14 have had to implement queues and new servers…

Did you not notice the amount of WoW players voicing they left wow for FFXIV or ESO ? It even produced memes given how big it is.
FFXIV and ESO were games that worked fine as their own, not really “niche” games but also games that doesn’t grow that much in only a few months frames.

2 Likes

And yet, you claim that these players have come from WoW, when you have no idea whatsoever!

Yeah I am a wow refugee and proud of it.

Again I ask when did playing two games at the same time become mutually exclusive? Why can’t they play two?

I can’t answer that, as I play both to not get bored of one in particular.
But it looks like a lot of people can’t handle 2 MMOs at once.

1 Like

Many people don’t want to pay one sub, let a lone multiple subs… also when I play a game I tend to play it a lot… I am fully committed to ff14 atm because it’s amazing - I can’t find anything I don’t like… and you can’t put a price on having an awesome community once more.

I also realize just how much Blizz overcharge for services when I saw the ff14 prices…

Yes I can only really play one to make it worth the sub… dropped eso in favour of ff14… I have kids, one is disabled and a cute pug puppy… so 2 games just can’t work for me.

Well there is one thing I don’t understand though. Some people (those who don’t mind paying for subs, like some I have in my Discord) give that argument about full commitment. Yet they still play side games like LoL, Anthem and such. Is it so hard to give for example 1 night for raiding on WoW and the rest of the week for FFXIV ?

I am not suggesting it’s a new game in this instance, just that most gamers will try other products on the market especially if we get free trials etc. I don’t think you really have any idea where the players have come from, I think there is just increased interest in those games due to advertising going on.

ESO and FF are releasing new expansion and that often sparks interest in the older ones.

1 Like

What I said previous along with I have a lot to do in ff14, I have already pre-ordered the next xpac, and am getting ready for that with friends there.

Many take breaks if they are bored in the current game. The new raid doesn’t seem to have a great uptake. Many are just waiting for 8.2.

Players filling their time with other games or just playing multiple games doesn’t mean anything bad is happening to WoW. That’s not to say there aren’t issues with WoW or systems players don’t like.

I don’t think they would need queues and new servers just for trial accounts…

You seem to misunderstand, it is clearly having some kind of influx in interest, probably due to the advertising campaign I mentioned earlier.

In general most people will try other games when they offer free trials was a separate issue. People who play one game will often have accounts on other games too.

Unrelated but you should totally tell me on which server you’re on. I might say hello :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lich :slight_smile:

I am on ps4 and as an older gamer I sure don’t miss my pc.

FF you play together though don’t you, even if it’s PC vs PS? Or did that change?

Yes :slight_smile:

Comfy gaming rules :slight_smile:

yeah the thing is… they are not “new”.

1 Like