Your character's ending

As much as I like heroic deaths on the battlefield I decided to give Ryder a more toned down end to his story. He was handicapped fighting a forsaken from the Rotgarde and then decided to step down from the officer position.

He now lives happily with his wife and daughter in Ironforge playing bingo with other dwarves and gnomes.

5 Likes

I’ll be executed by the bad guys in a mid-levelling zone quest to show how evil they are, but I will get to do so in a cinematic rather than just a quest. It’ll be one of those “middleground” cinematics, better than the really basic stuff they do, but not the full CGI extravaganzas we’ve seen.

It’s the Maraad cutscene, is what I’m saying. I die like Maraad. Almost exactly like him in fact.
It’s like poetry.
It rhymes.

4 Likes

The story of a God has no ending.

Lok’tar…

1 Like

Sainur died due to crippling despair, the only way he fixed that was a suicidal charge against mighty foes.

His body was never retrieved and is most likely rotting somewhere in a bog in Northrend. His armour was to be smelted down and his weaponry to be re-used for less suicidal dwarves.

troll_despair.png

If I come back when the game is good again I will have to make a new character. (race change). Perhaps I’ll make a scarlet crusader and name him Gunther Guntherberg of Guntherholme, his weapon will be a zweihander and he will have a glorious moustache.

Hidden ending: he didn’t die and it was all a dream, the N’Zoth we had slain was merely a dream and once the veil is broken, everyone will wake up to a new Azeroth controlled and re-shaped by the Old Gods

1 Like

Playing a middle-aged human soldier who’s been around for a while, progressed and grew organically. He’d wish nothing more than to retire in a decade or two, with his family; finally rest, watch the sunrise on a grateful universe.

1 Like

I think we all are going to.

3 Likes

Insane or dead. :sunglasses:

I love this ending :heart:

2 Likes

The happy ending: Torn apart by his patron for some grandiose failure born out of a moment of pity/mercy.
The bad ending: Tortured ad-infinitum by his patron for much the same.

2 Likes

Harsh! I respect the heck out of you holding true to the narrative, though.

3 Likes

Considering she also contributed to some pretty atrocious things in the name of the Forsaken and Sylvanas, she also deserves to die that way:^)

1 Like

I’ve never really thought of killing my characters off. I’m so attached to my girls and boys that I’d probably cry myself, if I decided that they needed to be killed…especially my Blood Elf Mage, who I consider to be an extension to myself. She was very much based around me.

I’d like to think they might just retire to Dalaran, Hyjal, Suramar or Quel’Thalas, living out the rest of their lives in peace. (Considering I mainly play Elves.)
This is how I will end their stories, when I part ways with WoW for pasters new in Auckland.

7 Likes

Davun was in mostly military guilds and always away from his home. So when I stopped playing, Davun retired from that life and went back home to Lakeshire to be with his wife and child. Currently grows fruit and vegetables with his wife for sale in at the market and regales…possibly bores people in the Lakeshire pub with stories of his adventures.

4 Likes

As the world reverts to a similar era of relative peace and tranquility as before the opening of the Dark Portal, with the otherworldly and existential threats no longer rearing their heads every two years and a lasting peace between Horde and Alliance, Valestra settles down into the boring world of a soldier without wars. This lasts years. Her misery and torment carry on, however, and with the Forsaken simply not the people they once were, with their identity robbed and feeling like a relic from a bygone era, she feels more and more isolated from the world.

She goes into exile and wanders the world for decades, perhaps centuries, and kills indiscriminately as she takes out her rage and hate and pain on anyone and anything. Tales are told of a woman in black with eyes of crimson who stalks the world, hunting people, spreading terror wherever she treads, and desecrating the bodies and souls of her victims, until she becomes something of a campfire-story monster. Every race has their own version of the tale, how she came to be and what her goals are, but they’re all based on her and her haunting of the world. She is turned into a creature of myth and nightmare used to scare children into going to sleep at night and warn travelers away from certain roads.

In the end she is, of course, bested. Valestra meets her second and ignoble death alone, consumed by her torment, in the single-minded pursuit of bringing death to the living. And the sound of the Lich King’s terrible, mocking, laughter is the last thing to ever cross her mind.

4 Likes

Hm… I’ve a lot of characters made over the years and I’d like to think of them all having happy endings, but to generalize: my Alliance characters would work to rebuild the world following the destruction of the wars, some harboring hatred for the Horde all their lives due to the scars inflicted by the Cataclysm and the Fourth War. My demon hunter would finally settle down in some new Kaldorei settlement and finally find peace with herself as she helps her people slowly rebuild.

My Draenei characters would stand sentinel over the world, watching their mortal friends age and pass away in the coming decades while the blessing of Light keeps them healthy and ageless. Each would find a comfortable life in their chosen field, either as scholars or protectors as they help guide Azeroth and the descendants of their friends and loved ones into an age of peace.

As for my Horde characters, my Goblins and Vulpera would likely strike a few lucrative contracts in reconstruction work and earn themselves a nice place as underlings of Gazlowe, with many finally retiring on a new, more eco-friendly Kezan after the new Trade Prince cleans house with the aid of the Bilgewater and Steamwheedle Cartels. My Orcs and Tauren meanwhile would spend the rest of their days seeking to bridge the divide between Horde and Alliance, disillusioned as they are with the idea of the factions after seeing how easily one was lead to start war after war. They would likely wind up living their twilight years in the tranquil climes of either Thunder Bluff or Thunder Totem, away from the reminders of the wars of their youth.

As for this Mechagnome… She would likely be going for a long, long while yet. Mechanisation has a tendency to prolong one’s lifespan, so long as replacement parts can be found. She’d watch as Gnomeragan and Mechagon grew ever closer and a new wave of Gnomish technology improved life for Horde and Alliance alike, all the while trying to find a way to revert herself back to her unaugmented state so that she could finally die as a ‘complete’ Gnome.

3 Likes

One theme I’ve noticed repeatedly in all of our posts is the end of existential threats. A few of us have mentioned mundane, localized conflict, but most of us seem to share the assumption that the end of the Warcraft narrative means the end of dimensional, world-ending, planet-spanning crises and invasions.

2 Likes

Right. Some untold years from now, she gets chewed up by the universe threatening swarm of mites that nobody saw coming, Azeroth finally doomed by a thick, buzzing cloud from beyond the stars.

Or self immolation after 20+ years of accumulated stress from a yearly world threatening crisis.

2 Likes

Not the end of the Warcraft narrative, per se — in my case it’s rather the end of the specific era that shaped my character into what she is now.

When we take the entire history of Azeroth, the current period of unending wars, invasions, ancient evils awakening, and other cataclysms is highly unusual. Most of Lintian’s lifespan was during the Long Vigil, a period of practically nothing of interest happening; it’s only natural that she views the Age of Calamity (as she calls it) as an anomaly that will eventually pass. As a character in a fictional universe, she doesn’t and can’t know the Doylist reason why all these disasters are happening in short succession (namely Blizzard feeling like every expansion has to threaten the entire world).

On a more meta level, fighting some new cosmic threat every single expansion eventually grows stale, and you can’t raise the stakes forever: one day you’ll reach the point when the stakes are too abstract and too removed from the concerns of everyday Azeroth for the players to be emotionally invested in them. Arguably, that’s what happened with Shadowlands.

4 Likes

What do you mean you don’t want to fight a God as an endboss two expacs in a row?

:mumbling in the distance:

Alright, next expac you fight a cosmic force that caused creation and then after that you fight the First Ones, who predate and caused the cosmic force that created creation!

3 Likes

Good Ending:

A character of mine keeps to the path of rebuilding a splinter faction of Defias Brotherhood under the principle of Vanessa Vancleef, to rid corrupted nobles, working closely with SI-7. Training and recruiting outcasts of society. This character’s father used to worked in Defias Brotherhood so they know the ins and outs of how the group worked, helping with recruitment. The character ends up taking in unwanted orphans, developing them into soldiers to take out corrupted officials under supervision of SI-7.

This character then dies of natural causes of age, and with the idea of Defias Brotherhood splinter faction as this character was mostly the driving force of it. But the character helped root out many corrupted nobles over time.

Bad Ending:

Building the splinter faction of Defias Brotherhood, the character takes on the mantle of Edwinn Vancleef’s beliefs, as the character is training and recruiting, SI-7 gets a whiff of the operation, where the character spends many years in the stockade until they come out to a world that the character doesn’t recognise, as the character makes their way around the city they are stabbed to death in an alleyway by an angry ex-farmer.

Neutral Ending:

The character fed up fighting decides to settle down with family, and dies of natural causes, old age.

Secret Ending: Stumbles into the wrong guy, they duke it out, the character is wounded but manages to kill this individual, steals their identity, becoming a close-knit royal guard for the crown, they manage to finally dig up what made the nobles corrupted in the first place, and gets peace with their past of what happened so long ago.

If the character had the “Wild Wasteland” perk, and this was fallout, ending:

Don’t Jerk Off To This - YouTube

A bowl of fruit, the character sees a bowl of fruit in Shady Lady, things go wild, another apocalypse of zombies attack the city because of a bowl of fruit replaced the women.

3 Likes