Your characters name - What does it mean?

It has no meaning to me, it was just a name i made back in 2007 when i made this char :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always thought it ment popcorn in Norwegian.

1 Like

No, that would be popkorn :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/4067447_460s.jpg

1 Like

1 Like

Reason for my name is pretty self explanatory, as to her story… lol.

Part 1.

2 Likes

Thodric is from Thodric Jarl, a character from the novel “The Witchlord and the Weaponmaster” by Hugh Cook. I have a bunch of alts named for characters from the 10 novel series he wrote in the 80s and early 90s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles_of_an_Age_of_Darkness

1 Like

Many of my characters are anagrams of my initials & surname… or based around the first four letters of this name; I’m not RP-enough to want or need meanings to my character names.

I have absolutely no idea.

guess

/10chars

Took mine from the book kaz the minotaur although back in 2005 kaz was taken and my druid tauren was kazz.

Stole mine from:

Though havn’t played this or Horde in general for quite some time now.

4 Likes

Frances is my name in real life.

1 Like

Same name as a level 11 elite bogbeast that use to inhabit Teldrassil, It required a group to kill so people would often say in general or trade LFG Oakenscowl to which i would pop into the chat saying stuff like “leave me alone” or “bring it you elf sissy’s” sad his elite status was removed but as soon as classic rolled out i started doing it again.

2 Likes

Well, Dottie, cos I DoT. I do use other names, it just depends on what is available. I like Frombie for a rogue. Otherwise I just stick two or three random syllables together.

3 Likes

My name was inspired by the Ogres in game. They are always calling us puny.

3 Likes

Google > Dwarf name generator > Randomly picking one

Schadenfreude is what being an Affliction Warlock is about, so here we are.

1 Like

Gráinne is an Irish female name, whose first well-known occurrence was in ancient folklore.

However, I picked it thinking of

1. Gráinne Ní Mháille - a real historical figure, a fierce woman of the sixteenth century, who even as a child had a determination for adventure. Local folklore had it that as a young girl, she wanted to go on a trading expedition to Spain with her father. Upon being told she couldn’t because her long hair would catch in the ship’s ropes, she cut off most of her hair to embarrass her father into taking her. This earned her the nickname “Gráinne Mhaol” (Bald Gráinne).

and

1. A long ago friend from college who was simply the nicest and most patient human being I ever met.

I wanted my character to combine something from both of these.

3 Likes

Gekko is a dishonourable anime character so is my WoW Warrior. If I see a low level player on open world I kill them, if I see someone trying to kill a rare in Maw or Korthia I kill them and steal the rare as well then /laugh at their corpse to complete the masterpiece.

Gekko in anime has dark wings, my WoW character also has dark wings. I turn these clown fairy wings (Sprite Darter) to Black-Purple via a toy, otherwise I wouldn’t use them with their original colours. Basically I try to make my character(s) similar to their inspirations with some little changes, for example my Warrior uses one of the biggest swords ingame while anime character has a normal size sword.

I generally use Japanese origin nicknames.

1 Like