Your characters name - What does it mean?

Let me break it up for you… :smile_cat:

1 Like

Master of Ceremony.

So i have the title ”Grandmaster” aswell

Grandmaster Emcee. Hottest rapper out here yo

2 Likes

Schmusedecke means cuddly/security blanket in german.

i used to only play horde and one day i was bored, made a nightelf and while i was leveling i met a nightelf priest called Schmusedecke. he was pretty friendly and we talked and rp’d a lot over serveral days as he was always hanging out in Teldrassil.

one day he stopped logging in all of a sudden and i ve never seen him since.

hes quite memorable to me because he was pretty much the first alliance person i made contact with (i was leveling at night/early morning so noone was around) and he was so nice and fun. it somewhat changed my outlook/opinion i had about alliance players too.

so…originally i just wanted to level a void elf for the heritage armor. i didnt really know what to call my character and then i saw i could be priest, and for some reason i had to think of Schmusedecke.

so i called myself Schmusedecke in honour/as a memento of him.
i hope hes doing well whereever he is right now.

15 Likes

It means I’m pretty bad with coming up with my own names.

8 Likes

My main’s name - Silmarilia - I came up with it when I started playing retail at the start of Cataclysm in 2010.

It was the exact time when I was reading Tolkien’s Silmarillion for the 19th time :smiley:

2 Likes

tell me about it. my character list almost reads like a menu of a crappy snack bar.

15 Likes

Well to expand on that I name my characters after characters that appeared in Heroes of the Storm. Sometime I use meme names like Falsedad=Falstad or Fatillidan=Chen.

1 Like

Gotta say that’s a impressive list.

3 Likes

thanks. :smile: i tried to stick to a theme as i am notoriously bad with names, makes it a bit easier for me…

… so as long as i dont play on a rp realm i choose the funny option.

food is love, food is life.

3 Likes

Mars ultor - vengeance bringer god of war (Mars = ares , ultor = vengeance)

1 Like

Back in the day, my name used to refer to a man who’s parents have a real good marriage.

This one is named after one of the duelling knifes in the age of legends in the wheel of time series. My main is Dragalthor which was a shorted version of the Dragon Al’Thor also from the same series which I happened to be reading for the first time back in '04/05

The name is derived from French D’or (golden) and adjusted to fit Sin’dorei naming conventions for roleplay.

2 Likes

It has no meaning to me, it was just a name i made back in 2007 when i made this char :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always thought it ment popcorn in Norwegian.

1 Like

No, that would be popkorn :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/4067447_460s.jpg

1 Like

1 Like

Reason for my name is pretty self explanatory, as to her story… lol.

Part 1.

2 Likes

Thodric is from Thodric Jarl, a character from the novel “The Witchlord and the Weaponmaster” by Hugh Cook. I have a bunch of alts named for characters from the 10 novel series he wrote in the 80s and early 90s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicles_of_an_Age_of_Darkness

1 Like