You've ruined legacy raid scaling again

See:

I honestly don’t know how you can screw this up again and again. Battle for Azeroth was released 6 years ago and you still haven’t been able to properly scale the raids and tune their mechanics. It took you way too long fix Legion raids and it’s now again taking you way too long to tune the ones in Battle for Azeroth and Shadowlands.

How can it be so hard for you? How can it take so many years? I honestly don’t get why you keep failing again and again. With the introduction of Warbands a lot of people were looking to farm transmog before the new expansion hits and you manage to make it way more tedious for some bizarre reason.

36 Likes

Money, greed and selling overpriced vanity items more important than quality. That’s how.

9 Likes

Well I won’t say I’m surprised.
And don’t even get me started about non-soloable legacy raid mechanics.

6 Likes

you’d think they’d learn something from the same mistake happened in dragonflight pre-patch. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/issues-with-gear-after-the-item-level-revamp-of-dragonflight-pre-patch/1404970

4 Likes

Why this occur , do they no realize people wait upon the goal for MANY year !!

it’s about priorities they clearly lack devs to do all of it at the same time (that’s what happens when you release 5 versions of one game) so they handle the new content first then go back to legacy stuff. why don’t they prevent it ? it’s probably also about lack of QA people

1 Like

Making this thread was pointless. Nothing will happen.

Best you’ll get is the usual “Play next expansion and gear up and it’ll be easier again” solution. Something similar to that has happened before.

Blizzard is one of the only companies I know that messes scaling up so bad, not just like this but with the whole getting stronger as you level thing.

Lots of situations before and even with MoP remix we had issues where you get stronger as you level then suddenly turn weaker until you gear more. Or situations where despite getting power you are worse off.

My guess is that no one is lifting a finger about this, ever. You fix it in 30 seconds by adding a massive buff to ALL content that’s more than 1 expansion behind, so now in DF, we should be steamrolling BFA raids and we should have been able to do so from day 1.

They obviously don’t want to do this and they’re relying on their incompetent scaling system which clearly doesn’t work, so raid soloing gets worse and worse every time.

2 Likes

Its always like this in prepatch, so nothing new there.

Get some raw gold for the raids and dgs instead before they nerf it.

The problem is that it was completely fine up until the prepatch dropped, i soloed Castle Natria mythic and some Sanctum of domination Mythic completely alone for the last month, then prepatch dropped today and suddenly the HP and Damage of all the bosses got buffed through the roof. This was not just some neglected thing they forgot to have done, they intentionally went in and buffed the hell out of the content. I just don’t understand, they must really hate their playerbase as so many of their devs have expressed over the last few years.

7 Likes

“It’s always been done this sh*tty way to antagonize the players for no reason, therefor it’s ok they do it now”

Keep defending bad things and you’ll only deserve and keep getting bad things.

3 Likes

Not true at all, One of the BIGGEST companies in the industry, they keep hiring people to nonsense positions which brings no actual value to the game, of course they have enough people to consider these things, considering they intentionally went in and buffed the things to hell. It’s not as if mob hp and damage of shadowlands/bfa mobs are inherently tied to The War Within in some unavoidable way, they intentionally did these changes.

4 Likes

Take it or leave it. Its the way they want it. Vote with your wallet.

1 Like

You mean just like every company in the world regardless of what industrie they’re in? Welcome to the real world.

Nope, they didn’t.
They intentionally refuse to fix the scaling mechanics, but not intentionally adjust old mob numbers.
The values are most definielty tied to each other in some way or another in the code, you can be sure of that. Yes, even between expansions.
It’s just how software works.

1 Like

Firstly, not every issue is big enough to stop playing over, and the dismissive take it or leave it attitude can’t be applied to every inconvenience intentionally or unintentionally applied to the game.

Secondly, voting with your wallet has never worked on scale when the community is big enough for there to not be any clear consensus on anything, so it almost never works. It’s just another reductive and dismissive thing to say in passing to look smart without adding anything.

When has voting with your wallet ever worked with WoW? When player counts dropped to the earth’s core in Shadowlands and it took an objectively weak expansion with no content to do that. Nothing short of that will move the needle.

3 Likes

I dont have a problem with blizzards actions, but the pnly thing you can do is to vote with your wallet.

Do you think blizzard really care by a random tread of a few people complaining? I am not defending anyone, i actually think it is an advice for players that get mad after each prepatch about scaling that if it means so much to them they should consider finding something fun instead. This scaling happend the last 2 prepatches and maybe blizzard dont like that players without the newest expansion can stay in old content forever, who knows. I think now a pattern shows that blizzard are doing this , so it is really a take or leave it

Yes that’s how changes are made and how feedback is shared, they aren’t only reading the feedback from the unsubbing section of the site. The recent M+ changes got heavily criticized so they changed the system after a month or so.

You’re right about this being a pattern that Blizzard doesn’t care about or is actively enforcing, but people should still be complaining about all the nonsensical changes that seemingly have no justification. I’m leaning towards incompetence more than malice in this case because their scaling system is legendarily horrible, just look at MoP remix and how much of an embarrassment leveling to 70 is for immediate proof.

3 Likes
  • Pacifist: None of your posts help and nothing we do or say changes anything. We just have to wait for the game to get better.
  • Pessimist: The game is doomed and frankly dead for over 19 years.
  • Blizzardsimpist: Omg stop complaining. Yeah the game has a few bugs but it’s still great and Blizzard is still learning after 2 decades. I’m gonna buy some tokens to do something productive for the game whilst they fix things.
  • Nationalist: This is unacceptable. We need to fire each and every person responsible for this. Whether that is a dev, game director or management. Make Azeroth great again!
  • Average Joe: Bruh I just made the coolest warband scene.
  • Streamer: I’m dead inside. Please let the expansion release early before I die of boredom. Also thank you for your sub and donation random person I don’t care about.
  • Optimist: You guys still play WoW? Lol.
7 Likes

Very nice classifications :grinning:

Legion raids soloable? Have u tried solo mythic antorous? That weird Mythic Eonar the Life-Binder encounter is still not soloable.

They havent fixed this still I have reported it years ago