Zandalari Paladins are disrespectful

This is why Sunwalkers are a dosage of aesthetic nightmare fuel.

Every time I see Dezco or that other guy in Thunder Bluff with the Draenei hammer I cringe so badly my insides start to crumple.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunwalker_Jo%27hsu#/media/File:Sunwalker_Jo'hsu.jpg

How is this two year old thread still open?

A raising even the Lich King himself would be proud of.

Donā€™t Zandalari Paladins draw their strength from Loa, specifically Rezan? I didnā€™t think it was the Light as we know it.

That is supposedly the caseā€¦just Like Sunwalkers would channel Anā€™she, their sun god, or the Blood Knights would channel the energies from the Sunwell.

But remember the homogenization that came with the Legion Paladin order hall?
Everyone channels the Light in the endā€¦So with that in mindā€¦

Yeah Iā€™m ignoring that one. Gonna put it down to just lazy game mechanics.

Seeing the Tauren in there as Templar is justā€¦

1 Like

I found out it a huge letdown aswellā€¦
Iā€™ve grown up with DnD version of Paladinsā€¦I had issues accepting Tauren Sunwalkers at first, but when my mind worked around it and them being something else than the standard Paladin theme, like Humans and Dwarves had in WoW, I actually came to accept it and even found the concept quite cool, just like the Zandalari Prelate or the Blood Elf BloodKnightā€¦
But then Blizzard when and did that, I do try to ignore it too most of the time, but with posts like these I remember the Order Hallsā€¦

Iā€™m very open minded with the different sources for various racesā€™ class lore. But I hate that Blizzard just canā€™t be bothered to show it ingame. If I played one of those races Iā€™d find it extremely immersion breaking.

Itā€™s also why I just canā€™t advocate lowered class/race restrictions. Can you imagine more of this crap? :see_no_evil:

Oh I just thought of another great one, getting the Paladin class mount as a Tauren :rofl:

I dread it, but I feel the same way.
Still I had a tough choice when creating my paladin;)
So I ignore some of Blizzards retcons, although granted you have a lot less customization options for Tauren and Zandalari in comparison to Blood Elf and the Alliance races.
And I do hope Blizzard takes the time, somewhere in a near future, to fit some specific race themes to most Class/Race combosā€¦Paladin being the most obvious candidate.

1 Like

it isnt same with taurens drawing their strenght from sun god its all bounch of BS because all the kids and self entitled people these days wanna play anything they want with no logic behind itā€¦ soon i will be a paladin/dk but i see myself as a transgender shaman

1vs1 me iā€™ll show you whoā€™s the true paladin race.

Zandalari would win by merely sitting on you, chump.

Besides Prelates are awesome fantasy on their own.

Religious zealots, living in city filled with temples, fighting undead and heretics (blood trolls) protecting empire and royal family.

Theyā€™re true to what usually makes a paladin - holy warrior. With itā€™s own unique spin.

This is imo the best choice on Horde side because unlike belves they have no ties to Alliance light worship. And unlike tauren they have bigger mog choice that fits them.

3 Likes

I wouldā€™ve made something work tho!
The Heritage armor is a great gift for options.
I chose the Zandalari because, 1. Theyā€™re awesome, 2 Most of my Characters are , coincidently Tauren /HM Tauren, so was a nice change I suppose :wink: Still was a close call for me!

Oh and the old Lightbringer set(I thought that was the BT one) might not be any good, but the new ones do offer some nice transmog parts for Zandalari Paladins. Like the ā€˜bootsā€™ are pretty awesome on them.

2 Likes

Then i challange you trolls to a mokā€™gora outside of lightā€™s hope chappel at 3:00 pm

We do need Gnome paladins, though. With giant hammers.

1 Like

Gnome paladins with hammers bigger than three gnomes stacked on top of each otherā€¦ standing on their feet of course.

Since when humans follow orcish traditions? And in the middle of SW center? So you could get help from other humans? Typical.

Yes Heritage armor not only is beautiful but really needed addition. Tauren for a really long time didnā€™t get any thematic gear besides the druid set.
Even Highmountain Guards are using Vrykulish gear which was very disappointing to see.

Iā€™m a huge fan of tauren aesthetics and they deffinietly need more love.

1 Like

Lights Hope is the chapel in the eastern plaguelands, where arthas got his butt whooped by Tyrion.

2 Likes

By my beard! This topic survived 1 1/2 years!

Oh right, chapel, not cathedral. Itā€™s still aplace where other palas are just to get backup. If he wants to deul it must be neutral place, and not where he could help if he would fail.

Since Legion itā€™s home to all paladins, no matter their origin :face_vomiting:

1 Like