Zekvir Delve Tuning is Now Live - 27 September

Ranged dps, fade lines up with every spittle, cast while moving high damage repeatable burst rotation for every egg set. The fight is just running around in circles using the same 4 buttons on every egg spawn until it dies.

Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxlB_fZVEI&t=2s

Just let him hit you and let brann heal.

While I adore fade, it gets Brann killed, sadly. He’s already floor tanking in p2 so that’s fine, I guess, but in 1 that just eliminates his heals and help there. Got me to swap to havoc where I had a much much easier time.

Genuinely don’t think it matters. Brann can take a hit or two most of the time and you’re able to last on your own while he recovers. I really feel like as a ranged you eliminate the RNG from frontals covering eggs (Though with the current dps check that barely matters) and the fight basically plays itself, Do X combo of spells on egg, Press interrupt when heal, press fade when spittle, and it’ll die at some point.

It helps having him alive. I know you are highly skilled and can probably kite him but having a crit melee or two(I’m not sure I like having a chance to receive 90% of a DPS’ health in an unavoidable hit, but regardless) in a row(my record was 4…) can be super dangerous and a lack of heals could cause a wipe. He’s a great way to salvage those cases.

I wasn’t really kiting is the thing, between Focused Will, Blessed Recovery, and Desperate Prayer + Vampiric Embrace it just never really felt that bad.

It’s definitely a very rare situation I had that made me swap, but I wish it wasn’t tied to fade.

Considering how challenging the ? was for me, i’ll definitely wait a bit with trying the ?? :sweat_smile:

-create an endgame system for people that don’t want to do m+ and raids
-make the final boss for 90% of players only beatable by getting gear from m+ and raids

why tho

only people I see with this achiev are either ilv 630 or did it ez mode before brann nerfs

I did it rather comfortably at 614.

And you got full 614 from just Delves in a month? Impressive since you only got max 4 vaults that could reach that ilv from Delves.

did it at 603 ilvl
died about 20 times but got it eventually

the tuning was perfect, it was hard but not impossible

1 Like

No, I got it from a mix of normals, m+, heroic raid, and delves.

Granted monk is ez mode, but I did it at ilvl 611 today (Brann lvl 51), so after they nerved cocoon health. It took me over 200 pulls in total since release, but I finally got a perfect run and then tried very hard not to panic fumble when he was below 10% HP.

I know not all classes have a way to deal with spittle easily (monk has 2 dispells for it, so yes, unbalanced for sure), but ranged classes have other advantages, for different mechanics.

The recent changes have made it very possible for at least some classes. You still have to do mechanics and also be lucky to not get critted with the 4 mio melee hits (I used def CDs when I had to face tank), but it’s definitely doable. Don’t give up!! I swapped from trying at night after work to doing it in the day time when my brain still brained a bit more, and that also made a difference.

Did it at 615 pre nerf last week. Redid it at 585 post nerf to see how much easier it was. “??” Difficulty.

Shadow has a very easy time of it doing this fight.

I’m disappointed bliz folded and nerfed it across the board this soon. Delvers were going to reach 620 or so over the course of the patch so 615 felt entirely fair as a tuning goal. Now the specs who could do the old version (WW, Shadow, Ret, Hunter, Arms, Fury, Ele) kinda just run this version over. Should have been tuned on a spec by spec basis.

completed it with 617 ilvl, it’s less about how much dmg you do and more about proper execution of the fight.

And that’s exactly my point. If the season is 4 months long, if it’s similar to DF season, that’s at most 16 vaults with 619 from vaults you can get. You would need to have NO duplicates and have a T8 619 vault EVERY WEEK starting at season launch to get full 619 before the season ends and the achievement goes away. This is not possible with just Delves and you need m+ or raid gear to do it.

So then why did you not do it at ilv 580? Your gear increases your dps by three times when you get to higher ilv making the fight three times shorter AND you can avoid some oneshots depending on class. Gear matters just as much as skill.

Search “Bigbazz86” on youtube, you will see me do it at ilvl610 (no set bonuses, only a flask no other consumes), comfortably. I think it can be done at lower ilvl and I may try it at some point. Nobody is even ilvl630 so I don’t know where you got this idea from, world first guilds were like 625 on Mythic Queen.

Most people are in the 610-615 range right now on their mains, aside from full dedicated progression players.

Or spend the crests you get from doing bountiful / regular T8 delves. Champion track items also upgrade to 619.

Guess what you need to upgrade those to that ilv

Runed Harbinger Crest
Earned from Heroic Nerub-ar Palace and Mythic Keystone dungeons from +4 to +8 during The War Within Season 1.

Furthermore you still need 597 to upgrade them.

Those drop from delves.

And T8s drop 603.