🐙 [WE DID IT] Forum Run: Heroic Ny'Alotha (Horde)

Edit 04.07 - we did it. N’Zoth has been killed :slight_smile:

I have heard of a lot of people within Fortune Favoured that they would be very interested in getting the “Ahead of the Curve” achievement and the mount without buying a boost. With the expansion almost over and the corruption vendor implemented, player power has increased a lot so I think we can give it a try.

Therefore, there will be a run (or many runs) to get those last curves in before it’s too late :slight_smile: This will be done on both Horde and Alliance, but Horde first.

Quick info:

• Heroic Ny’Alotha, every Saturday 20:30 - 23:30 server time - starting Saturday 27. June 2020 :slight_smile:
  • Sign up: https://discord.gg/cWG33U4 go to #hc-nyalotha-signup and answer the little form
  • Let’s get curve :tada:

How does this work:

• We will start raiding Heroic Ny’Alotha together. There is no experience requirement, but a certain “sane” gear requirement (see below)
  • Assuming we go in with a full group of people that haven’t cleared Ny’Alotha yet - it will take more than just one week. We will start at Wrathion and extend every week until N’Zoth dies.

Requirements:

• Gear, the absolute minimum will be a 455 ilvl. Nobody is going to get carried. The more gear the better really
  • Fully enchanted (best enchants) and gemmed gear (best gems)
  • Use consumables (best flask, personal food) during the raid.
  • People don’t have AOTC yet will be favoured when signing up. This is not a place to gear alts. Helpers who want to come and make it smoother are welcome to join though.
  • Keep a positive, nice and respectful attitude. There will be lots of wipes to many mistakes that will be repeated all night by people who haven’t raided in years or ever before.
  • Ability to use Discord voice. Listening is a must, being able to talk is a plus

A few notes:

• Signing up is on a per character basis, this is not a run to gear your alts, this is a run to make people get curve who don’t have it yet but want to earn it on their own
  • People who join from the beginning, will be favoured when signing up in the weeks to follow
  • We will do this on both Horde and Alliance

Frequently asked questions from the previous threads and from the Discord:

Q: I don’t want to use Discord for whatever reason. Can I join anyways?
A: We had a lot of discussion and the short answer is, no. However, if you are concerned about your privacy regarding Discord, I will gladly help you set it up and use it behind a VPN.

Q: Do I have to talk in voice?
A: No, but you have to listen. Answering in Chat is enough. In the previous runs, we often had the feeling that some people weren’t listening. Those people won’t be re-invited as it just makes everything much harder.

Q: Do I have to clear the raid in normalmode?
A: Not necessarily. Please watch the guides (fatboss, limit or hazel are pretty good). But I will explain the bosses before the pull

Q: Will there be multiple N’Zoth kills on Horde
A: I don’t know yet. It depends on how painful this will be.

As always, forum runs are there for fun and non-toxic. This run specifically will most likely require quite some patience. This is much easier if we all have a good laugh during it. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

OT: The last Achievement run of Ny’alotha we missed out on the last 2 due to time, will there be a continuation of that?

2 Likes

Yes. there will be. Just looking for a day that works :slight_smile:
But I’ve been promising HC runs since April so I’m doing this first :slight_smile:

If you feel like organizing the last two achievements by yourself, we can also have a talk about it :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t need curve but can help on my resto shammy and hand people gear if they need it .

8 Likes

Best of luck with this, I’m sure you’ll pull it off :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This game could use more people like you, awesome thing to do for the community.

7 Likes

I will likely join with my rogue on the Alliance run because it’s the only character who is suitable for such runs :confounded:

All my Hordies are ~410.

I had the same issue :smiley: I geared my Horde monk to 462 just for this :smiley: this is why it took so long

No way I’m going to level another character. I almost burned myself out in getting the backpack, it’s time to have some fun.

Sweet! I’m very interested in joining.

3 Likes

You are extremely welcome to join :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A true elf queen

1 Like

To be fair you weren’t the only one. I just don’t have a suitable alternative.

If teamspeak was free and had a web client, I’d go for it :joy_cat:

Sure thing queen :kissing_heart:

But now I know you are in our discord. You wouldn’t know the queen meme otherwise :slight_smile:

Therefore, feel free to join the run :slight_smile:

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll manage sooner or later.

3 Likes

Nice initiative! Many people want that Dragon mount.
Good luck with your runs.

3 Likes

Literally not

i d probably join with my resto druid but i dont know if i have the essences/azerite traits for raids yet as i usually only run m+ or if it makes a big difference at all. would i still be able to sign up? i mean…able yes…but should i. :smile:

4 Likes

Poke Ceran or Sinaaki both very good druids and can advise but please come along :slightly_smiling_face: