Forum Community Discord (For The Chats)((New Updated Discord)) šŸ„³

Itā€™s amazing! :heart:

5 Likes

Please do join. :slightly_frowning_face: I still have the recording you requested waiting.

Just what I need - another forum to be banned from :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

We dont really ban alot :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

You missed out the catch:

ā€œWe also support each otherā€™s opinions on the forums, even if theyā€™re wrong, so we can back you up with likes and flag/reporting topics and comments that we donā€™t like.ā€

Unofficial Discord servers are usually sketchy hive-minds.

2 Likes

Since everything is openly accessible including the server history, you can go check by yourself and find out that this never happens.

Really, itā€™s mostly small talk / off topic. Pictures of cats and of food.

In the half year that this Discord existed, we banned two people and deleted less than 10 messages.

Also, we use it to organize our forum runs:

Every community is an echo chamber to some degree. Even the forums. Every ā€œanti raider.ioā€, ā€œremove deserterā€, ā€œfaction imbalanceā€ etc thread of which we get multiple a month, get fairly similar answers from different users.

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t have to be literally written for it to happen.

If you know someone from the Discord server and see them having a debate on the forums, youā€™ll be much more inclined to support/back them up, even if their opinions are wrong.

It doesnā€™t encourage organic flow of the forums whatsoever, and probably explains the divide Iā€™ve seen here and the small circles/groups of forum-posters who seem to stay close and guard each other.

1 Like

I accept your opinion really but I need to disagree. I openly disagree and express dislike for the opinions of a lot of members of that Discord while being a member of it.

3 Likes

What might you mean by ā€œguardā€? Does that only mean likes? Also the forums are not the primary point of discussion there, rest assured. Sometimes there is talk but nothing organized or some such.

If someone puts forth a point well, good on them. They get a like/approval. At times there may be in-jokes exchanged. But i strongly doubt anyone that I know in that Discord solely approves of a friendā€™s arguments on the forums or elsewhere just because of who is saying them. Rest assured (just realized I said this twice :joy:).

3 Likes

Maybe you are personally different but thatā€™s the impression a forum Discord server gives off, similar to Twitter Discord servers who mob up on those that oppose their views, but I know that this is just for the WoW forums and you seem to do events and such, so it does have its benefits for those who like that.

As much as I personally think a forum community discord is excessive (and in my own words ā€œkinda cringe nglā€) I think the comments from Araj are just outright rude.

Iā€™ve openly and vocally disagreed with former guildies (when they were guildies) on these very forums and I see people I presume are together in this discord do the same.
Likewise as the figure of speech, birds of a feather flock together, people with similar interests and opinions do tend to gather together for various reasons.

Anywho, good luck with your discord, Iā€™m sure itā€™s a nice place.

5 Likes

as I said, itā€™s mostly just smalltalk - I do get your point but I think our interests arenā€™t common enough ā€œto mob upā€ except WoW as an interest in itself.

Most people play on very different ways, are interested in very different content and approach it in different ways. So, thereā€™s not much to team up.

3 Likes

Whats a ā€œwrong opinionā€?

It is genuinely just a discord where people organise content together, talk a lot (and yeah I mean a lot!) Usually very off topic from WoW which we canā€™t do here.

We do occasionally discuss forum topics but as we all use the forums that seems natural, its usually a discussion of the actual topic because we find it interesting :woman_shrugging:

Its a nice place to hang out, simple as that :smile:

1 Like

You really need to join it before thinking bad things about it ,there are many debates that go on in there and it is far from a hivemind .It has me in there for a start who is a drama queen and goes agaisnt most views and it is real good fun .

Are you feeling fine in your little shelter? Just asking, since it seems like you see the whole world in conspiracies, so you should take care of that shelter for ā€œend of timesā€ comes.

i ll be honest, i dont need a discord for that. when i regularly see a person making good points or bad points on the forum then i ll be more or less likely to back them up or give a heart. thats the nature of things. its natural that you take a liking to people you meet on a regularly basisā€¦or not.
doesnt mean you mindlessly defend someone though.

i mean, you probably dont know but even on discord, we dont always agree, just like on the forums.
imo its far from an echo chamber who will fight anyone to defend each other.

2 Likes

Your opinion is wrongā€¦ Everyone who post from a tauren is rightā€¦

Thatā€™s the truth :woman_shrugging:

@Araj I understand why it might seem like a hivemind, but if you pay attention to what the posters post against, when they support (like others on this forum) and when they debate you will notice there is a difference between extreem mob culture and how you feel.

I think you should join the Discord and try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

he should. we were talking about chicken feet on pizza 15 minutes ago. :grin:

1 Like

and maybe you should come back?

2 Likes