⚔️ Call to Arms: General Discussion

Attention: We are doing it again because it was so much fun! The next round is on September 5th 2020

Because of gear imbalance, we also decided that we will do this on fresh level 20 Allied Race characters without enchants or heirlooms. Only with the gear that they’re created on. (Heirloom weapons are allowed as they’re weaker than the default weapons, if you want to switch spec)

:skull::skull: Forum War Game! :skull::skull:

Fighters of General Discussions, it’s time to sort out who is the superior faction! Will it be the mighty Horde or the heroic Alliance?

General Discussions cleared heroic Ny’Alotha on Alliance: [WE DID IT!][🦁Alliance Edition🦁] Forum Run: Heroic Ny'Alotha
and on Horde: 🐙 [WE DID IT] Forum Run: Heroic Ny'Alotha (Horde)

But which faction is better? There’s only one way to figure out.

Fortune Favoured is hosting a war game to figure this out and answer the questions once and for all.

How does this work:

• We form two groups. One group is Horde, one group is Alliance.
  • The two group leaders will be able to start a war-game against each other where we all get invited to the same battleground
  • We will fight to death!!

There is a feature in WoW called war games: Two parties can queue against each other and play a battleground that will award no Honor, HKs and not count against win/loss ratio. It’s really just for fun and gives absolutely no reward.

When
Saturday, 22 August 2020
20:30 server time - until the battleground is over

How to sign up

Requirements

• A level 120 character with at least world-quest gear
  • New: An unlocked Allied Race on the faction you want to play on, so you can create a fresh level 20!
  • Ability to join Discord voice (listening is enough, being able to talk is better)

You don’t need to be good at PVP - war games give you exactly zero reward so this is just for fun and bragging rights

I will be participating on Alliance side and stream it. So if you want to watch General Discussion fight to death without wall-of-texts for once, you can still watch without participating :slight_smile:

• If we get between 5 and 10 people, we do warsong
  • if we get between 10 and 15 people, we do eye
  • if we get more than 15 people, we do alterac
  • if one side has more sign ups than the other, it will be first-come-first-serve and earlier sign ups will be favoured.

YOU DON’T NEED TO BE ACTUALLY GOOD AT PVP. MOST OF US AREN’T. THIS IS JUST FOR FUN AND BRAGGING RIGHTS. SIGN UPS OF COORDINATED RBG TEAMS WILL BE DECLINED

21 Likes

Will this once and for all confirm alliance bias?

4 Likes

Nothing beats forum pvp.

9 Likes

The Horde has no chance!

3 Likes

TRAITOR!!!

5 Likes

We need more trolls to sign up for the real forum pvp feel.

8 Likes

It usually be smarter to stay out of de big fights mon.

12 Likes
5 Likes

Oh and don’t forget to bring

for the mass-flagging.

6 Likes

Useful macro after killing Shadazzle:

/sit
/stand
/sit
/stand
/flop
/sit
/stand
10 Likes

Ngl, that sounds pretty fun. Hopefully I can make it.

3 Likes

I suck at pvp :frowning:

The only way this is fair is if all players are only wearing 410 black empire gear and 400 crafted weapons

4 Likes

The only way the Alliance has a chance is if you join :scream:
Don’t let your faction down Retributor - we need you!

7 Likes

Tempted to bring my Rouge undead and pwn yall but cba. Retired. thx for the invite

I suspect if you sign up, more people will sign up :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Just think on this. I will be bringing my awe inspiring, inspirational presence to this battlefield as well as my ruthless horde killing skills.

I am the Sgt Barnes of the Alliance.

So bring your Horde bodies and try to kill me and my allies! I will inspire my allies to build me a throne of Horde skulls!

“Death? What do yaw’ll know about death…?”

5 Likes

Not gonna be there due to work, but kill those filthy hordes!

4 Likes

There are way too many enthusiastic and patriotic Alliance members interested in this event… Good job we have Horde Bias on our side which means that we play EZ mode and will insta-win :wink:

8 Likes

Souldefíler gets angry at her allies messing up…