20.000 queue, get in after 6 hrs, disconnected in 5 minutes

Welcome to your new life!
Maybe we’ll be able to play sometime before christmas next year

getting 2 hours queues on the newest, least populated PVP server.

i didn’t give up my desired names on Golemagg and Gehennas for this existence.

I’ve been in queue on Golemagg for 6 hrs 10 minutes and counting, still at number 3000 in the queue. I wonder if I even get in before the server goes down again tonight.

Indeed, but apperently Blizzard dosen’t want it. :frowning:

ahhh… time to sleep

1 Like

you dumb ?

yeah you are.

3000 to 66 took me 4 hours on firemaw

66-65 took 14 min
So yeah :wink:

Yeah it seems that the queue only takes longer and longer to skip ahead, the further ahead you get in line.

Yep I agree. Been in the queue longer now than I have /played… Feels good man

I don’t think the rhetoric of “come on - it’s Blizzard - what do you expect” is acceptable, at all. Blizzard turned over more than 7bn dollars last year; there’s absolutely no fiscal excuse for them to have the inability to host players. They also operate many MMO’s and other online games - so we should hope they know what they’re doing by now. Alas…

2 Likes

I believe it’s perfectly fine to expect nothing out of blizzard, since well they’ve been delivering disappointment for quite some time now.

On the other hand, I believe it’s the very opposite of perfectly fine to keep delivering disappointment over and over again while being a multi billion dollar company.

So while the statement “what’d you expect” holds some truth, having low expectations is no reason to not be upset or criticise issues that are at hand.

Also to be quite honest with you? I didn’t believe it’d be that bad. My guess was that we would be able to play at the very least after coming home from work. I’d expected awful lags, server crashes and alas in the first few hours, but one might think these issues would’ve been fixed within the first few 12 hours, allowing players to enter the game and to reduce the queue from 20k+ to perhaps a medium 4 digit or perhaps even high 3 digit number, rather than the 20k+ that we still have.

2 Likes

The inability of people to recognise that tonight is just not the night to be playing Classic is startling… It’s like everyone is staring at their router while it flashes “no connection” rather than just getting on with life and accepting they won’t be online tonight.

Relax. Step back. Accept that the queue is longer than the time you have before going to bed, disconnect, and either go play Retail, or another game, or watch Netflix, or hoover the bathroom, or walk the dog, boff the missus - whatever. There is no need to sit, stewing in your own juices about something that has already been determined.

Be glad the game is popular and your realm is strong. It’s not going anywhere and it’ll still be there in a week when the queues have abated :slight_smile:

1 Like

i said to my mates. man this is grim. but yanno we were warned…but hey il be in and lvling by 10. Happy days. at 10 past 10 im back into 14k que with out a reason! so now im annoyed. i was patient now im annoyed.

1 Like

After 6 hours i finally was able to log in, played for 20 minutes and got disconnected from server, now i have 10k+ people ahead of me, nice launch blizzard, i dont mind waiting once because it´s normal due to the huge influx of people but getting dced from server randomly and having to wait all this time again is a huge kick in the nuts

the biggest problem is that you wait for 5+ hours. you finally manage to log in and play and hour or two when you all the sudden got randomly disconnected and when trying to log back in you get a que line with 10k+ people. And Que here works like backwards you get to 5k than again you’re on 6k (cant plan how much REAL TIME) you have to wait. I’d be totaly fine with that but since gametime is money im a bit upset.

The thing being, in a week there will be lvl 60s sitting in STV and ungoro camping lower level characters. The inability of playing early does directly influence enjoyment during later stages. I don’t believe it’ll be as bad as people make it to be, but it’ll still be more than a non issue, as other people try to make it.

Some people still dont understand anything…

People disappointed, because after waiting hours and finally got in, they got dc after 10 mins. I was luck to play in the morning, but after nothing but 5+ hours que and crash every 10 mins…

And telling people to swap servers wont change much, que is soon after new servers up within few min

1 Like

i payed just to play classic m8 , what are you on about , waiting? , did they wait to take our money? wtf is wrong with you…

3 Likes

It’s not so simple. Back in Vanilla I was young with very little responsibility - now I’ve had to plan and organise my week around being available for launch and the community buzz/vibe of that launch. All for nothing. I have PLENTY of other stuff to do but again, that’s irrelevant. It’s such a shame how a company so big and rich and apparently knowledgeable at what they do - can be so so so bad at it

2 Likes

I mean, there might be a very few sadsacks who have nolifed their way in that time, but I’m not actually convinced that 7x16 hours is enough to hit 60 in Classic.

And we are of course assuming that these people never log off and thus don’t have to join the queue for the duration…

More realistically, everyone is in the same boat. Most people are playing less than they wanted to, and everyone is therefore behind their own personal schedule. It ain’t that bad :slight_smile: