Shadowlands Season 3 Ending Soon

Greetings Champions.

Shadowlands Season 3 is coming to a close, and our experimental Season 4 will begin with the weekly reset the week of 2 August.

Here’s what to expect with the Season 3 end:

Shadowlands Season 3: PvP

• The current season of Shadowlands PvP content will end at 10:00 p.m. the night before maintenance in each region (August 1 at 10:00 p.m. PDT for North America realms / 2 August at 22:00 CEST for European realms).
  • With the season’s end, it will no longer be possible to earn PvP seasonal rewards, titles, or Shadowlands Season 3 rankings.

Shadowlands Season 3: Mythic+

• The current season of Mythic+ content will end with the start of regional maintenance on 3 August. With the season’s end, ratings that qualify for the 0.1% “Cryptic Hero” title and achievement will be recorded.
  • The “Cryptic Hero” title will be rewarded during the following weeks after the season ends, so be sure to wait to change factions until after you have received the title.

Good luck battling to a glorious finish of the season!

9 Likes

Sepulcher release date was march 1, that would mean 5 Month in s3. As a 2 night guild raider this is SUPER SHORT to get CE. Can you confirm what’s happening to CE in s4 ?

This might be the shortest tier ever… If that was the plan, then Anduin should have been the last boss of the raid …

8 Likes

What about the “Cutting Edge: The Jailer” mythic achievement? Is this going away with the start of Season 4?

And what about the Mythic Jailer mount? Any change to its drop chance?

6 Likes

Well, they cut the entire expansion short. This tier was supposed to end with Anduin. And surely the CE would be unobtainable after S3 end.

Most likely the CE will be unobtainble as of S3 end, and the mythic boss mount will change to 1% of whatever it is for older tiers than the current one.

2 Likes

This is way too soon, there are only 400 CE guilds, and frankly not many people want to replay the old raids. S4 should be a one two month thing, not three to five

2 Likes

I really do not mind shorter season if this is the idea going forward but raid should be 6-7 boss then … I have almost every CE playing 2/3 days and this feels really bad.

5 Likes

Boom, I said it in a thread earlier today.

Pretty early, but eh? It’s probably best.

Not really. it’s when the Affix schedule ends. It’s the same length as the last few seasons.

Please delay the timeline for CE and AOTC to an additional 2-4 weeks, thanks :smiley:

5 Likes

The problem foremost isnt the length of the current season. It’s the tuning and one additional boss in Sepulcher. Even though there are several in the last weeks, these nerfs don’t counter the massive amount of prog time already spent on completed bosses.

This post is for PVP and M+. It doesn’t mention Raiding at all.

so what ilvl from M+? and do we get upgrades for legedarys do i need start selling my last kindey for gold like?? lil more info be nice

Yeah it doesn’t, but a dev said that CE will end with S4 on Twitter when patch 9.2.5 was announced

What about Cutting Edge for Sepulcher though?
This would be the hardest (and probably shortest) tier EVER to get CE for guilds and would leave a LOT of guilds empty-handed that usually get CE easily.

1 Like

Yes, we intend to close the current raiding tier for achievements such as Ahead of the Curve with the weekly reset the week of August 2.

We have additional tuning in the works, with a focus on the end encounters of Sepulcher. We know that currently far fewer guilds are on track to get Cutting Edge in particular than in past tiers and we want to address that in the coming weeks, before Season 3 ends.

3 Likes

So… what you are saying is that a week or so before season 3 ends, you will nerf mythic difficulty to lfr level so guilds progressing the last couple of bosses will be able to rush them.
Well… i guess this is at least questionable. Like all the current exp, so i guess nothing to be surprised of

3 Likes

What exactly do you know? In the coming weeks? Kids in kindergarden know that 4 aint much. If you “know” you wouldn’t give a tier which consists of 2 end bosses 5 months and nerfs merely 30 days before it’s end.

Less than 400 guilds have cleared it in 4 months after insane amount of nerfs. I wouldn’t have complained if you did those nerfs in time. You can tell by yourself that you failed on a new scale with the tuning this tier. You can’t simply hide this hilarious fail by removing content.

Man up, owe that you screwed this tier and do something proper instead of “nErFs soon tm (in a confused Ion voice)”.

3 Likes