[A-Event] Jurina'tore - The Great Hunt

⸰☽ Jurina'tore ☾⸰

At the beginning of summer, when the Sun's power is at its strongest, we gather to celebrate Jurina'tore - the Great Hunt; a kaldorei celebration in honour of Malorne and the balance between predator and prey.

Date: 21 June 2019
Time: 19:30
Faction: Alliance
Music: Spotify - https://tinyurl.com/jurinatoremusic
YouTube - https://tinyurl.com/jurinayoutube

⸰☽ The Great Hunt ☾⸰

The beginning of summer heralds the season of bounty and we celebrate this by joining together in the hunt for the White Stag. This year’s hunt will take place in Val'sharah and we gather at dusk at the Grove of Cenarius.

Divided up into teams we will embark on a merry hunt for the White Stag throughout Val'sharah. The first team to answer to the stag’s riddles, and find him in his last hiding spot, wins. Mounts, flying and magic of ANY kind is prohibited during the race, and any displays of such will result in immediate disqualification.

The winners will be crowned with Wreaths of Summer and will also be given a small trinket trophy.

⸰☽ Offering Ritual ☾⸰

After the hunt there will be an offering ritual to honour Malorne and ask for his blessing. Attendees are encouraged to bring offerings to present during this ritual.

Once the ritual is finished a grand feast will be served and, if time allows, there will be an organized dance in honour of the White Stag.

For the hunt, and the following feast, attendees are encouraged to don yellow or gold clothing to honour the season of summer, as well as masks symbolizing predatory animals to honour the balance between predator and prey.

As this is a celebration of Life, we kindly ask that corruptive and destructive magics, such as void and fel, NOT be wielded at any time during the event.

Schedule:
19:30 Time to gather and create your teams for the hunt
20:00 Welcoming speech by the hosting Priestess
20:30 The Great Hunt
22:00 Offering Ceremony to Malorne
22:30 Feasting, dancing and fireworks

If you have any questions in regards to the event, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Tínwëtar.

:sunny: Jurina’tore is a kaldorei themed celebration of summer. The hunt itself will take the form of a riddle race. The attendees will divide themselves into teams and be given the first riddle. The answer to the riddle will lead them to the next checkpoint, and so on and so forth. The first team to find all the checkpoints and return in time, will be the winners.

:sunny: If the teams have not found all the checkpoints by the end of the allotted time, the team with the most checkpoints collected wins.

:sunny: Mounts (flying or ground-based) will be BANNED from the race. Any ability, potion, item or whatever that will give you a speed boost is prohibited as well. If there is a class that has a permanent speed boost built in there is not much we can do about that, unfortunately, but we want this to be equal and as fair for everyone as we can make it. So standard running/walking speed applies for everyone. Anyone spotted using a flying mount or any of the things mentioned above will be disqualified, and their team along with them. This includes druid travel and flying forms as well.

:sunny: This event is supposed to be a friendly and fun competition and celebration, please do not ruin it for others by going against the rules of the event.

:sunny: We also ask you to, please, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it with attempted robberies, summoning of demons, invasions of orcs or similar things. Such things have their time and place, and can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this joyous celebration of life.

Help wanted!

For the riddle race itself I could use 5 druid volunteers in stag form to man each checkpoint and deliver the riddles. Please send me a whisper in game if you would like to help out!

Update: For now I have all the stags I need. But I will update here if that changes. Thanks to all who have offered to help out! You’re lovely! <3

Credit for Jurina’tore and the Elunian Calendar goes to the guild “Silvereye” on Argent Dawn.

17 Likes

Hello there… It’s not April anymore so… Not fooling. :smile:

This is a really nice event and initiative. The more night elf themed events, the better! Hopefully will be able to attend it.

One question though, only night elves (and Worgen probably.) are allowed from Alliance races? Just asking since didn’t see it mentioned.

Good luck Tinwetar! Hope it will be a great fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, no fooling this time! ^^

I hope so too. It is the third time we are hosting it now, actually. All races from the Alliance are welcome to attend. It’s just that the theme is kaldorei, but all Alliance races are welcome. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope it goes well from your Sisterhood across the Sea’s. - <3

3 Likes

Thanks Zarival! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought Nelves were vegans.

The Hand of Cenarius will definitely be looking to attend. Last year was a lot of fun, and I’m sure this year will be equally if not more fun!

3 Likes

That’s awesome, Mythundis! Looking forward to seeing you guys there! ^^

2 Likes

Oh looking very much to this. There can never be enough Kaldorei themed celebrations!

2 Likes

I am in complete agreement with you, Theliste! ^^ Hope to see you and the rest of the Handmaidens there. ^^

3 Likes

Hey! I’m glad to see this return! I enjoyed last year’s edition a lot!

I have a question, though. Considering the location of this year’s Jurina’tore, this event is Alliance only, correct?
Just so that no one gets confused!

3 Likes

Yes, this event is Alliance only. I believe it is stated both in the title and at the top that it is an Alliance event. But I can see how it might get a bit confusing with the zone. ^^

4 Likes

Ech, filthy tree elves and your perverted Moon-chanting-goat-hugging magical hooplah…

In all seriousness, I really hope this goes well. Best of luck <3

2 Likes

Oh, now this looks interesting. Definitely looking forward to attending!

2 Likes

Stop being racist, it’s bad and there is no HoNoUr in it m’kay.

Looking forward to this a lot!

2 Likes

Try and stop us! :smile: look forwards to it!

What on azeroth gave you that idea?

3 Likes

Thank you! <3

Looking forward to seeing you there! :smiley:

Yay! Awesome! :smiley:

It will be great! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

3 Likes

Very excited for the riddle race :clap::weary:

2 Likes

Jurina’tore is getting closer and closer! I have created a Spotify playlist for the evening, which you can find via this link: https://tinyurl.com/jurinatoremusic. I will make a youtube list with the music as well for those who do not have or use Spotify.

Another thing of note, I was thinking that ending the night with fireworks might be nice? So if you wish to, you are welcome to bring fireworks with you to the festival to the festival and help make it awesome!

Edit: I have now made a youtube list for the music as well! You can find it here: https://tinyurl.com/jurinayoutube

3 Likes