[A-RP] Bayerleyn Retinue - Green and Gold, Ever Bold!

I do understand lol which is why I told you to talk to the relevant authorities if you believe Shonn’s engaged in ERP with a minor. I also didn’t say leave him alone, I said he rightly should catch flak for this. But what do you think you’re achieving by ranting about the law in here? If he’s doing something illegal (which btw, it’s against the TOS but not actually illegal to do it in wow unless you’re actually doing it with a minor) then the forum isn’t the place to go with it.

2 Likes

but not actually illegal to do it in wow unless you’re actually doing it with a minor

Pegi would disagree as would the proper authorities. The age rating of the game immediately shuts down the act of anything not in standing with the current rating system in this case sexual activity isn’t a thing 12+ games allow and is therefore against the current rating system and you can figure the rest out rather easily.

2 Likes

There are many examples of ‘odd’ figures in the Lore. Faol too is an undead priest that can cast the Holy Light.

To make it simple, in -my- guild a Death Knight cannot be healed by a holy spell. Or a druidic spell. If their runeblade can reinvigorate them by drinking the vital energy of a foe - be it so.
That is what concerns how I DM.

In RP PvP I do not care since it’s game mechanics in the end, sure, spells are limited in this or that way, but I do not expect (exactly as per a raid) that a ‘holy’ spell cannot heal a DK (or a Forsaken… but we do not recruit these).

I am also aware Arthas - an example of a ‘falling’ Paladin over time from the Light to … ultimate form of undead kingpin … - did took its time to have its bright flame wither and extinguish.
Quite confident I’ve never said a discipline priest cannot exist. Can a Void Elf be a holy priest though? Don’t think so.
At least not in my guild.
Can they have faith in the Light without casting a holy spell? Sure they can. Exactly as a paladin may have studied demonology to know their enemies, but without being able to summon demons.

In the end of the day people outside of my guild can do as they please in these terms, and it is my freedom to choose if to interact with them or not (or my guildies freedom).
Exactly as players considering my ways unsavoury or not tasteful simply do not roleplay with me (or some by extension my guild whole).

2 Likes

PEGI age rating doesn’t mean anything in the legal system. It’s a private organisation that rates games and has no authority in any legal courts.

3 Likes

I’d prefer the terms degenerate and outright criminal, but yeah.

26 Likes

Here’s a quote.
" Video game ratings using the Pegi (Pan-European Game Information) system have become legally enforceable in the UK . Retailers that sell titles with ratings of 12, 16 or 18 years to children below the age limits will be subject to prosecution."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19042908

Legally enforceable.

4 Likes

Well alright, I stand corrected. Report him to Blizzard then and point this out to them, so they can notify the police.

Again, what are you trying to achieve here?

2 Likes

I’m trying to make sure he’s well aware of the business he’s thrown himself into and hope that he has at least a savory and productive answer as to why he is downright breaking the Law, if you want to do this type of thing keep it out of WoW that way you aren’t breaking the law but because the age rating is legally enforceable and because he has no clue who he is doing it with he would very much be under heavy legal scrutiny and a few years in jail at best.

1 Like

After all these years I don’t think he needs to be made aware again. Report and let Blizzard deal with it.

2 Likes

Alright,

PSA: Don’t ERP with kids.

Now go tell Blizzard.

2 Likes

Like the endless times we told them about Goldshire?

PEGI is also for the content in said games.

So if the content within the game breaches the descriptors of said rating it will require reclassification to a higher level.

WoW is currently PEGI 12 which has the descriptor

Suitable for persons 12 and older. Compared to PEGI 7, the game has to contain slightly graphic violence or non-graphic violence towards human-looking characters.

However in regards to repeated accusations and testimony regarding the OP and the guild, if one takes the claims seriously the rating would require a 16+ for it to be considered not a breach.

However it should stated that online interactions are not covered by PEGI or the ESRB. They are covered by Blizzard’s Terms of Usage.

So what should be being asked is whether or not the incidents alleged to have occurred here breached those particular terms.

What I find curious about Pegi is nudity itself is not warrantable for a higher rating, indeed the lowest rating +3 allows for it. The issues start when the intent and context begins to change.

Which is what really should be considered here, in light of all the intense scrutiny towards some players for their actions, but not for others. Context matters.

mama mia in ten characters

1 Like

As far as I’m aware legally if the game is being sold in the UK it can still be challenged in a UK court although yeah him being in Italy will make him more untouchable but I’m sure the Italians also have some law about this.

Call the police and tell them that Blizzard is ignoring illegal activity in their games then

Also yeah as Lukas said online interaction isn’t covered by the PEGI rating so it’s literally irrelevant

1 Like

What a mad lad.

When will someone introduce Boens friend? UwU

1 Like

imagine getting caught wearing wrong colored underwear by Shonn

28 Likes

A great idea Shonn, so much in fact I’ve decided to incorporate this into my own guild uniform code: [H/RP] Hand of Conquest - #202 by Pullo-argent-dawn

However further review will be needed, consider it a trial-run.

22 Likes

Thrill of risk, man.

It is not big issue, but the personnel washing clothes have strict orders to was only green coloured underwear.
So if one uses other colour underwear … well they wash it themselves!