[A/RP] - Boralus Tavern Nights: The Compass [29th of February]

Hello Argent Dawn!

Some months ago, a wonderful guild by the name of ‘The Wun Dynasty’ hosted tavern nights in Boralus. While our guild showed up only a few times before ‘The Wun Dynasty’ closed down, it’s something we enjoyed dearly.

Over the last few months, we have discussed the topic of hosting a Tavern Night in Boralus of our own, now finally, we feel ready to do such!

Around the corner, the release of Kul Tiran’s looms and I think many of us share a mutual love for the fantastic city of Boralus.

So with all this in mind, and the blessing of ‘The Wun Dynasty’, we invite you all to enjoy a laid back evening at The Compass!

Below you will find information on location, dates, times and more!
We have settled on a Bi-weekly rotation of the Tavern Nights, for now, to see how it pans out.
This means that the first and second Saturday of the month is the days on which The Compass will be hosted!

Name: The Compass
Owner: The Moonspear Trading Company
Director: Carvan Groigal
NEW LOCATION: Pinky’s Groggery / Upton Borough
Dates:
8th of February
29th of February
Time: 20.30 Server time
Community Channel!
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/aEaOgpupnq?region=EU&faction=Alliance

Q&A

What will you do about sharding?

We understand that sharding is a major issue for random RP in a city such as Boralus. To combat that, we will be hosting Raid groups to phase all attending people into the same shard.
Should we exceed the limit of Raid groups, it’s possible to phase into the same shard by one of our officers leaving and setting up a secondary group.

Why did you change location?

It was a location we had in mind at first but it was occupied previously, now with months of no-show from those that had it and no response at the attempt of contact, we decided to move there! - Of course, should one of the members see this and want to discuss this as you return, please reach out to me in game as we by no means wish to clash.

The location is on the Boralus side of the bridge towards Hatherford.

We encourage people to speak with Saeá, Kouhei or Carvan should you want to work with Moonspear and sell your wares during the Tavern nights by using one of the stands.
If we are not online, contact anyone in the Moonspear that is, or send us an IC/OOC mail in-game! (Or comment here)

Can we RP in the said location outside Tavern times?

Of course! We by no means claim the area, it’s a free location for all to use but during the set dates, we will occupy it. - And you are likely to find us around outside set dates too!

Can I use the Community channel to set up my own RP?

We welcome the prospect of others using the community channel to set up RP, be it in Boralus or not doesn’t matter! - We want to give back to the community of Argent Dawn by fostering a healthy environment to RP within!

Does The Compass have a Discord?

Not at this moment but it’s something we have in mind for later!

Rules of IC and OOC attendance.

IC:

• To keep it civil, we do not accept Demonologists with active summoned demons.
  • No brawling on tavern grounds. Want to throw down with someone? Take it away from the Tavern and come back for a refreshing drink after!
  • No large beasts on the Tavern grounds, no matter how friendly they are.

OOC:
To provide an inviting environment, we wish for all members of the Community and attendees of the Tavern nights to behave with common decency.
This means:

• No /yell spamming
  • No toy spamming
  • Behaviour which can come across as offensive: Such as Slurs, name-calling etc.
  • In the community channel, all things should be kept civil.
  • No Political discussions of any sorts in the Community channel.
  • Should you have an issue with a member of the community channel and you can’t resolve it on your own, contact a moderator.

Have any questions or wish to set up IC contact? Feel free to message us here or in game!

34 Likes

Hope it all goes well for you!

2 Likes

Given that this will take place on the penultimate day of the Greycliff Initiative, and I was planning on the Saturday/Sunday being more relaxed, I’ll be happy to point anyone in the direction of this. :smiley:

4 Likes

As a former Wun before its collapse, good luck! Boralus is an amazing and extremely RP-friendly hub, and seeing it be used is always good.

1 Like

I borked my other response as I’m completely new to this new forum but! Thank you so much Greytide, it’s both appreciated and wanted aid, I look forward to seeing you and your group around!

Thank you Chíeun, I do remember you from the times I RPed with the Wuns, I hope you still have some lovely RP going on around you!

1 Like

The Floating Lotus was great fun, and I look forward to checking this out.

1 Like

You are more than welcome! Feel free to join our community!

I’ll definitely come along on my high elf or human!

1 Like

You are most welcome to! We have two days left before we host our first one and we are all super stoked!

1 Like

The Compass opens its doors tonight at 20.30ST/RT! If you wish for an invite in order to phase to the rest of us, I suggest either joining our community channel for quick invites or whisper me!

3 Likes

I’ll try drop by, perhaps with my watcher.

3 Likes

Nice to see the Wun Dynasty is still around at Boralus. It was a fine place to roleplay last time I attended one of these tavern nights.

3 Likes

Sadly they are not around but Moonspear intend to continue on the Boralus Tavern Nights, we hope people will enjoy it as much as Wuns. Was always a lot of fun to attend their Tavern events!

2 Likes

Less than 30 min until we kick off! Remember to join our community and whisper Carvan for an invite and keeping up to date! We do RP outside the scheduled times!

1 Like

I want to extend a big thank you to everyone that attended today and made this night so memorable! - I know many of you are still going but regardless, it was a blast! I do look forward to hosting the next one!

2 Likes

I’ll try to do my best to be around every Tavern Night on my Highborne, when possible ofcourse!

I always enjoyed Wun’s Tavern Nights and I’m sure you can make it work to! :smiley:

1 Like

Always welcome! We had great fun last night!

It is good to see the Tavern Nights continued. I know plenty of people who attended them and enjoyed them; hopefully, these can be the same. Good luck!

1 Like

After how much fun I had, I wish I could do more of these nights and in different locations but for now, I will keep the roll going with this!

I wish i was able to find you guys this weekend but needles to say i was lost. I hope you guys will keep this up :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like