Another travesty point for BfA. Tauren Lore (Spoiler)

No, Gazlowe is the new leader of geblins.

Yah he’s getting replaced by Gazlowe.

Nope. Sorry, it’s Gazlowe, explainig that Cartels don’t really matter anyway and the Horde is just a new employer.

Oh that’s fair, I didn’t suggest you made that point but I mentioned it just in case, since people did raise it in the past when discussing Baine.

To each their own, I don’t mind it at all and I can see why Baine is a good candidate. Yes, there might be better candidates possibly, but I wouldn’t say this is a narrative issue. The idea that Baine is a leader who prefers the Alliance over the Horde isn’t shared with all Horde players, a much more commonly shared opinion is that Baine doesn’t act well in times of crisis and has a flawed judgement (e.g. Taurajo being a “valid military target”), and whether Baine is a diplomat or not is irrelevant for that.

You’re really not messing with me here, for serious? Gazlowe! This is AWESOME!

1 Like

Yeah it’s been discussed for a while now. Take a look:

Baine is no ‘heavy hitter’.

And given his past actions, he is the last person I’d like to see in that kind of position and with that kind of power.
Diplomats are supposed to be capable of balancing the interests of the faction they represent with those of the one they are dealing with.
Baines background has had close to zero of the former and lots of the later.

3 Likes

The dude is the High Chieftain, Chieftain of Chieftain of all Tauren tribes on Kalimdor, and one of the leaders of the Horde. That’s pretty much what I mean by a ‘Heavy Hitter’.

Simply not true. Baine balances his conscience and his loyalty and acts accordingly. He’s not hiding in the background going “oh no, we can’t attack the Alliance, that’s Eee-vil” at Theramore, he is quite happily kicking bums and taking names, however when he finds out about the Mana Bomb, he’s “Naw, that’s not War…” He is actually much more in keeping with Old Horde mentality at that point, than Garrosh is. Even after he leaks the information, his loyalty is still to his Faction and he fights… I mean it is all there in ‘Tides of War’, He is happy to stomp down Alliance, just on his terms that he regards as honourable. if that seems weird, then heck, Human history in our own world must really bake your bagel…

2 Likes

Are you ignoring the fact that Baine had always talked about the Horde unity and interests and had brought the Highmountain into the Horde?

I know he’s been portrayed badly during most of his existence, but come on. This is some seriously biased statement with little to no substance to it, and was likely made out of frustration with the character.

1 Like

Alleria was sent in Silvermoon by Anduin as a sort of diplomat in order to convince the Blood Elves to rejoin the Alliance, even if her diplomatic skills are pretty much close to zero, as far as I know judging by her history with the Orcs anyway…and indeed she failed and almost corrupted the Sunwell in the process.

So it’s not the first time Blizzard pick a faction leader as a diplomat for the other faction, although the fact that they picked Baine is indeed hilarious, it’s like they want to reinforce the fact -or the meme- that he is indeed an Alliance spy/shill inside the Horde after all.

4 Likes

Baine has always been a plant for the alliance. He helped them winning the war with Derek after all. Nobody should be surprised by this.

4 Likes

People can talk trash and meme all they want. Won’t make the reality any different or their beliefs any less false.

2 Likes

When the hell was Alleria trying to be diplomatic with Orcs? Her entire character arc is literally slaughtering them, hell-bent on vengeance.

1 Like

If you stay near them long enough they have a conversation.

||https://imgur.com/HDFtsoK||

||https://imgur.com/l3vDrFm||

7 Likes

Poor Gallywix tho. Horde is now officially red alliance with not a single leader being even close to give the alliance the mean eye. The faction is dead from any narrative.

5 Likes

Might have seen it differently, but during those events I recall he was practically coerced by Garrosh in order to follow through.
I mean, even Voljin had to go like “Dude…these guys just came back of killing your people…”.

That’s sort of indicative regarding what I mean.

Might have been hyperbolic with said statement, but i do think that given his circumstances, he should’ve been the last guy Blizzard turned towards in regards to said position (barring obvious nonsensical choices like Gallywix or Sylvanas).

I mean, he was the one that argued for surrender and peace negotations over Rastakhan corpse. Even if Nathanos approach was about as inadequate, Baine saying so is another indicative of the kind of “fight” he would hypothetically put when arguing for Horde interests.

In all, Blizzard should simply distance his character completely out of diplomacy and Alliance issues.

As I said, I’m not against the idea per se. Just against the character choice for it.

4 Likes

Nice try. Before anyone takes this seriously, this was done using the NPC Speech option in the Total Roleplay addon.

2 Likes

Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that.

The remnants of the Horde will soon, after being properly assimilated by the Alliance, be the core drivers of the Alliance identity struggle arcs.

1 Like

Wow…
Worst is you really had me wondering if it’s real or not.

3 Likes

:thinking:

I ship Baine with Mayla sorry.

1 Like