Any plans for an official solo 'Party Sync' and how you can in 8.2.5 right now!

Given how open ended Party sync is, and it’s proven benefits in games such as SWOTR, can we just remove the hurdle of a party requirement and have a toggle for “Level Sync” so you can level anywhere without being forced into a party in order to access this amazing leveling feature.

This will give people more reason to pursue Heritage armour/loremaster, you can level your various alts through content you actually enjoy, making ‘old’ content actually relevant to the leveling process, not just a forced into a ridged progression system that has stagnated leveling for so long.

Update: How to solo Party sync in 8.2.5

Method:

1. Open main client and log-in with the character you want to level IE: a 104 mage
  2. Add or open your WoW 2 (or what ever additional account tied to your Bnet). This does not need subscription, however if on a trial status this method only allows level <60 party sync, if your additional account has membership you can party sync with any character. Log-in on your ‘target’ character you wish to Party sync down to.
  3. Invite the ‘target’ character on your main, accept the invite and activate party sync.
  4. Enjoy! You can now leave your target character afk anywhere, just give them a nudge every 25-30 mins or so, and go about leveling your main in your chosen Synced level bracket.
13 Likes

I actually would like that. I mean i’ve been to northrend a bunch of times, but i’ve never seen the whole quest chain in northrend, because i level to 80 quite fast and then it’s pandaria time. That would be a good experience to just be there till i’m finished with it. without being forced to constantly find lvl 70 players for it.

It could be a good upgrade to the current system of party sync.

But of course, it needs lvl 120 boundaries. To make people not abuse the system to get OP gears or other stuff out of it.

2 Likes

Think it’s confirmed we will get it, i remember reading that somewhere

1 Like

It sounds nice, even tho this “party required to sync” is kinda forcing you to meet new people, I was lvling my DK and just didnt wanted to do it in Broken Isles so I found a played in Pandaria ( I really like zones there) and we started lvling together,added him as friend and we started doing some other content like m+ on mains.

Maybe instead of “solo party sync” a raid sync would be even better, like on friday you have ICC run, on saturday its EP progression/farm or whatever and sunday is idk Black Temple

1 Like

Not instead. But naturally could be added as extra as well!

Just for clarification, SWTOR does not have party sync, they have full sync which means it automatically syncs you to any area level that is below your normal level. I don’t want that to wow, people need to have choice whether they want to be synced or not. System in SWTOR is liked by some, tolerated by some and hated by some. I remember when it came lot of people were angry and even quitted, because you got no control over the sync.

3 Likes

well radium its a double edge sword its good because the heroic system rewarding you current level loot but its bad because because you can never out power the area

Now that we have this feature, I think syncing to a zone could have been a better system than the scaling system we have now. It would have been completely optional and allow players to go at any area and still get relevant rewards. I guess hindsight is 20/20 :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I remember when they were planning for this system, several of us suggested they would do optional character sync instead of forced area sync. Still they ended up doing what we got now.:confounded:

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I always thought they would never go for anything like that, so I just dismissed those suggestions. Now though, it doesn’t seem so far-fetched.

The thing is, having scaling and optional syncing is in reality having two redundant systems. If Blizzard were to implement character syncing there would be no point in having scaling. I wonder if they would be willing to reverse that change, and have the world with specific levels, as it once was.

why not both? Why just one?

I’m sure even blizzard knows how much people will love being able to timewalk any and every old raid they want.

I did specify I wanted it as a toggle option, not a replacement to the current leveling system as a whole, as not everyone wants to be level synced. My point is that I want the option to enable the same benefits of party sync without the need to join a party with another individual at whos in a specific level bracket, as it’s basically an unneeded hurdle to access that new system. They should have party sync like they do currently + a additional option (perhaps learned upon reaching 120 on at least one character) to enable “Level Sync” if the player so wishes, I would not want this forced upon people only an option to those with many alts such as myself and have seen much of the content and want the change of pace offered in the party sync system.

I fully agree with this! I hope they do that latest when next expansion comes. It would give so much more to do and so much more variety where to go to level and do stuff. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Exactly, I tried party sync only the other day and was so, well, refreshed! Was nice plodding about Westfall (a long time fav zone) on my 102 Mage, having a blast and getting some good XP for my troubles with my friend (just let me do this as well when they aren’t online!)

2 Likes

Yes , I think its about time like I got my loremaster achievment, but I struggled to do it on 120 , I hd to use that engineer crafted gun that hits targets for low dps for those quests that says ok once ur target is below 50% spray him with this venom type of quest

1 Like

could you imagine trying to keep track of bots, when they have the entire vista of the game to hide their bots in?? no way.
Theyre already everywhere you can imagine youd go to whilst levelling, now you want to give them even more scope to get to max level by botting in goldshire?
Nah thanks

can you think of any progress that you cant do in the level limits they already have? if youre levelling too fast to finish a questline then remove your heritage armour, xp potions and just do it. I cant think of any storyline that I couldn’t complete in the currently established level range for it. I see no reason for party sync, apart from to make bots and account sellers happy, and I see absolutely no reason for single sync at all. Yes there is a form in starwars but you know, its not liked by anyone I knew there, including myself … if I want to overpower an area, I damn well demand the right to do so.

Wut?

/10 char

1 Like

you go to goldshire, you kill boars, as you level up they give more xp, so you can max by killing boars in goldshire. Not a wow I want to live in, thank you
what, not wut, you’re an adult.

Wow you sound ever so experienced…

Who lives in WoW anyway?

Sorry mom.

Takes a look at your guild name

1 Like

We already have scaling; it can’t get any worse. At least it would be possible to level an alt without going through Legion and BfA again.

Does Party Sync work when the lower character is not in the same zone, or nearby? Maybe someone could make a business out of renting low level alts for people to party with while they quest.